19: Plans For Tomorrow
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ashla stood up too. “I-I agree, if we leave next morning and train my abilities on the road, we’ll be better off than staying here.” Ashla began to mutter softly. “If only there was someone to train me…” 

 

The Dwarf leaned in. “Wait, what’d you say?” 

 

Ashla looked at the Dwarf. “If only there was someone to train me...” 

 

Locke stroked his chin in recollection. “Actually… it’s just a rumor but… I’ve heard stories that far, far, away, somewhere in the Jungles of Xenia I believe, there’s an old wizard who studies glitches.” 

 

“WHAT?!?!” Both Firion and Ashla exclaimed. 

 

“Yeah, It’s an old rumor, but the rumor’s said to be practically true, several people even have said to have met him, they say he’s a bit of an eccentric one. Of course you don’t really know if he’ll be there unless you go yourself but, I think he’s your best bet on where to go next. I only heard of him through some adventurers I met who’re old friends of mine. They wouldn’t tell me fake news, at least I hope.” 

 

Ashla sat down and sighed. “Wow, This world really is big isn’t it?” 

 

Firion glanced at the two and let out a sigh. “The Jungles of Xenia… That’s so far away. Ha, it’d be a real journey…” 

 

Ashla looked up hopefully. “Let’s do it. I’ve got nowhere else to go!” 

 

Firion sat down next to Ashla. “You know what? I’m going too! I got myself into this mess, I got way over my head, so I might as well see this through to the end!” 

 

Ashla looked at Locke. “Thanks, for everything Locke. You’ve really helped us beyond I’d ever imagine, I don’t have anything I can give you that could pay you back… I guess this is goodbye…” 

 

Locke looked at the two of them awkwardly, then scratched his head. “Well, thing is… I was going to leave you guys but, I think I need to come with you. Hmmm, how do I say this… Firion. When you did that speech, about standing against the Alpha Clan, not because you knew anything about them but because you knew that you had to fight for what you beviele in. Because you had a feeling that this was going to be important. At first I didn't think about it much, but now… I understand how you feel. This just FEELS like something I need to do…” Locke turned around. “And anyways you two need a REAL warrior if you hope to fight against the Alpha Clan, a Dwarven warrior!” 

 

Ashla smiled. “I was hoping you’d say that. Let’s call it a day, then. Tomorrow we can get breakfast here and leave at noon!” 

 

Firion smiled, then brought up a question. “Wait, where are we gonna sleep? There’s only one bed here…?” 

 

“Ummm, I didn’t think about that… Well I know I have enough Bits for a room for myself but, that’s all I can afford.” 

 

Ashla looked at Firion. “I guess since you’re the most injured you get the bed but I wish there was a carpet or something in here.” 

 

Firion gestured to the closet. “In my backpack I think there’s a sleeping bag you can use, it’s not much but-” 

 

“No it’s perfect! This is what I’ve been wanting to try for years!” 

 

Firion and Locke both glanced at Ashla. “Ummm, really?” 

 

“Yes! I’ve always slept in cots in cold rocky caves! One time I saved up enough money so I could buy a sleeping bag, but it got stolen by someone in Woros… I can’t wait! It’s gonna be like living like a king!” 

 

Locke stared at Firion. “Man, she must’ve had a really sorry childhood…” 

 

Firion stepped towards Ashla and cupped her face in his hands. “You NEED to sleep in a proper bed at least once! I’ll sleep on the floor.” 

 

Ashla was quite literally jumping with joy at the thought, she hadn’t even realized she could sleep in beds until now. 

 

“Oh!” She exclaimed. “In the morning after we leave town I want to try out some of the other glitches that were in the old journal! Since I mastered Psychic Beam on my first try I can probably do anything!”

Thanks for reading! please heart and comment on this chapter if you enjoyed it!

2