21: Hitting The Road
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, we’re getting on the road. As we checked out of our rooms, (Well, I checked out of my room, Firion just got off with a ‘thanks’ because of his slice on the side.) We donned our backpacks and set off. About a couple feet out of the front entrance I laughed despite myself. How did I end up here anyways? 

Grew up working at the ol’ Forge earning my keep with my family of tinkerers, until I went my own way and became a mercenary for hire. Course, I had to keep my honor, made my name for keeping my end of the bargain, and lived a perfectly satisfactory life for a dwarf. 

Last week I hunted X amount of goblins, rescued some miners, and traveled from town to town. And now I’m joining an ex-mercenary and a living anomaly on some grand crusade to find some old wizard. Yesterday a shadow organization dealing in paranormal activity blasted into a bar, and some girl acted like she knew the very person I was trying to kill. 

And now I’m seeing that that very same person I tried to kill actually had a point. 

Life sure can go by fast. 

Ashla is cheerful and supportive of Firion, especially in his tougher moments. And I wouldn’t be here if she hadn’t seen something in me. However part of me wonders if she knows just what she is, or how important she might be. 

Firion, young and witty, and excellent at combat. Ashla and him make quite the duo. Though he gets timid when faced with extreme challenges, his past of panicking in the face of danger may be behind him but I feel he might be weaker than he thinks. 

Now we’re well on our way, WAIT! We haven’t even left town? After that long train of thought? Macintosh help us… 

 

Meanwhile...

 

“You let them escape… because it was too easy to kill him?” A ominous voice echoed. 

 

“Exactly!” Zera said in a matter of fact tone. 

 

“You’re an idiot Zera, you’re an absolute idiot.” 

 

Zera shrugged her shoulders. “Come on, I’ve been waiting for sooooo long for that moment, I couldn't just end it like that! Besides, Firion didn’t remember me, do you think he forgot me? After all the time we spent together did he just-” 

 

“I DON’T CARE!” 

 

“Oh.” 

 

Zera frowned, then kicked her foot around with her arms behind her back. 

 

“So am I still on the case?” 

 

The ominous voice gave an exasperated sigh. 

 

“No, Zera, you are not on the case. I’ve put Verschauce and Chunky on the job to ensure we actually get stuff done for a change.” 

 

Zera gave a warm smile. “Well If it’s any consolation, I told Firion to not go anywhere until we came back! It’ll be easy to find them!” 

The ominous voice did a facepalm. “Yes, Zera, It’ll be a breeze. I should have left her to die in that…He continued on to mutter until Zera left his room. 

 

Sorry for the short chapter and for not posting as much lately, I've been busy!" Thanks for reading! If you liked this chapter feel free to heart and comment!

1