Chapter 28
239 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan’s POV

 

Now that I think back, to the time that I did not care, Chance had often grumbled in the first two days of my being in his room so much with Damien, but now…Now it seems that Chance has grown a lot more fond of Damien and I find myself smiling often at them having their wolf moments.

I had wanted to shift to my wolf, but apparently it wasn’t a good idea, so Damien had been the one that played with Chance, shifting to his big, grey wolf…But he was a little tougher than I was…

I might have made things hard for my baby boy, but Damien made things extremely hard!

What made things really strange to me, was that Chance didn’t give up like he did with me and seemed to become even more determined!

 

Was it an Alpha thing? Or was it a Damien thing?

Whatever it was, I enjoyed watching the two together very much!

Letting out a laugh to Chance being on his two back feet and still not able to get over Damien’s wolf, I see Damien look at me and put his wolf nose in the air.

A feeling of curiousness entered into my thoughts from his and I looked back at him in question…

He shook his head and got up, shaking his fur and came closer to me.

Feeling more curiosity from his thoughts, we were then interrupted with Chance biting Damien’s tail!

Without further ado, Damien turned and dealt with the little boy, who ran away to hide in small spaces…

 

That same day, one of the workers in the palace had come here to ‘check on me’ but…Both Damien and I concluded quickly that he was not to come in just to see me.

Damien did not let the person pass through the door and I ended up yelling out that I was fine and that I did not need anything.

All these days, Damien had gotten anything I needed, and we were already keeping to ourselves a lot but now…Now that someone had come protruding upon our space, I demanded that Eleanor was to stay with us longer and that she was not to talk to anyone about anything from this point onwards…

It looked like…We were being watched and that Owen wanted to know even more!

Was he waiting for me to kill myself? Has he already tried to somehow get some information from Eleanor?

Well, he’s just going to have to be out of touch with this specific area of the palace!

Luckily, we have not seen much of Owen and I demanded he leave every time that he had come, so we were sure that he probably wanted to place some type of hidden camera in here, so that he could see what we were up to…Or something like that…

 

***

 

Two days later, we impatiently waited for the doctor to return.

I was eager, knowing that things had gone a lot better and I could even stand for a few minutes!

Things were looking brighter and brighter every day!

But then, why was Damien so restless!?

Seeing him pace backwards and forwards, I was questioning why I was locked out of his thoughts from time to time!

Did he not see that I was fine!?

…I was stomped!

Knowing that I was getting better, it had been weird that sometimes Damien was shutting me out…So, I had panicked at first and did not get my hopes up…But that had only lasted for a few hours before I had gotten up and walked a few steps once again!

I was happy and I was also determined to find out what was going on with Damien today as well!

Hearing a beep, to state that a message had come, Damien got his phone out and looked at me briefly, before saying, “He’s here, I’ll go escort him.”

With that, he was gone…

I sighed, I definitely needed to know what was going on with him!

 

 

“Your Majesty.” The doctor stated, being very formal with a bow, showing me his neck in complete obedience.

“It’s fine, it’s fine!” I stated quickly…Being with just Damien, Chance and Eleanor lately, made me forget about these types of things!

“I heard the good news, Your Majesty! Let me check you and perhaps we can come up with a time when you’ll be fully recovered!”

Happily doing what I was told, I let him take my pulse and whatnot, which is what he did last time…But this time, since I had gotten better, he also told me to shift to my wolf, so that he could check me out in wolf form too.

To me, this was a good sign, but I also was feeling restless because of Austorious as well.

Being unable to shift for so long, really did have its setbacks and now that I had the go ahead to finally shift to my wolf, I felt even more relief flood through me…It really was a good day!

…As the time past though, things got stranger and stranger.

Long pauses were made by the doctor, after checking me, and he even once nodded at Damien, as though they knew something I did not!

I could not feel like this was alright at all! Did they forget that I’m the King!?

“What’s going on? Aren’t I getting better?”

I was feeling my legs again! How could they look as though it wasn’t something to be happy about!?

 

Silence was the answer to my question and I really started to get angry!

“It’s not as you think Damien, in fact, there’s a chance that it could be completely the opposite!”

Hearing the doctor finally speak, I looked from him, to Damien and narrowed my eyes.

“If it is not the case then please, doctor, speak.” Damien took a breath and then sat down next to me.

“Another explanation to His Majesty getting better could possibly be the pup, but if that is so, then the one to be worried about is the pup and not the parent. But it is still too early to tell…”

Hearing those words, I stared at the doctor dumbly.

Did he just say…

‘Pup’?

 

“…Keen senses indeed, it is probably a good idea to keep me by His Majesty’s side, just in case.”

“Then…How…How far…”

Looking at Damien and his intent gaze upon the doctor, I started to see sense, “Did you just say, ‘pup’?”

The doctor looked at me and smiled, “Yes, Your Majesty. Your pregnant! I’ll take this chance to be the first to congratulate you! Like I was just saying, another explanation of you being able to feel your legs once again could very well be because you hold an Alpha inside you…But I would not completely hold that as truth, for the child may not be an Alpha at all. You know of the statistics, Your Majesty, and I hope that you don’t go ahead and fully believe what I just said as an idea! The fact that Damien had smelt the very slightest change of your scent in you, had made him worry that the child was putting your life at risk but instead, I am more worried that the pup is at risk and not you.”

 

I swallowed and stared once again at the doctor.

I was pregnant?

My wolf finally felt relieved and I seriously wondered if he had known earlier too!

Did the wolves stay silent just because…Because Damien had thought my life was at risk!?

I turned and glared at Damien but…I didn’t hold it for long before I started to smile…

Was I really pregnant!?

Damien smiled back at me, and nodded, “At first I wasn’t sure, but your scent has been slowly changing and this morning I was starting to get worried. I didn’t want anything to interrupt you getting better but…”

Feeling his hand over my stomach, I looked down as he continued, “Now I might not have to worry about you as much, but now I’m worried about our pup…”

Looking back at him, I started to panic!

Turning to the doctor, I said, “Please, doctor, don’t let my pup come to harm!”

 

“Be relieved, Your Majesty! I will send my aid back to state that I will remain by your side! It is not only you that would want to safely bring your pup into the world but us as well! We will do whatever is necessary to make certain that your pup is safe and healthy!”

Letting out a breath, that I never knew I was holding in, I nodded, “Good…Good! And…What about the silver!? Won’t it hurt the pup?”

The doctor looked at me with no worries upon his face, “Silver will not hurt the fetus, Your Majesty. Even if silver is somehow put through the blood stream to the pup, it will not be an alarming amount. From what I know, from…One becoming pregnant after having had silver, the pup will be fine, if anything, maybe their eyesight would be better, not worse. One rare case came to show that the pup had a larger heart then normal, but even then, the pup was healthier than the parent. The problem is not the silver, Your Majesty, I was more worried that the pup is helping you you’re your legs beyond its means and may use up too much of its life force…”

“You mean…” I asked with full, wide eyes…

The doctor nodded, “I hope this is not the case, Your Majesty, and that you are recuperating on your own but…It would make a lot of sense of you suddenly feeling your legs again since you have indeed become pregnant.”

I looked away and bit my lip, I didn’t want my pup to die!

I didn’t want the pup to help me, especially if it was going to die because of it! It can’t happen! I’d rather stay a vegetable then hurt my own child!

 

As the doctor went to the side and wrote a note, as he said he would, I half smiled and put my hand over Damien’s, “It’s only been…” I remember stating that we should wait to have our first pup because I didn’t want Chance to feel bad. Damien and I had only been mates for…Maybe a month or so! So quickly, I have already…

“…I know, precious. It seems that someone wants to be born!”

His voice held pride and I could sense he was trying to hide it, but I didn’t really care, I was very happy! It’s just that, I also wanted the pup to survive! And…Honestly, it’s happened so quickly!

“How long did the doctor say?” I asked, not sure of when their little one was conceived.

Damien snuggled into me, and sighed, “He said that he wasn’t even able to know the last time he was here, so our pup must have only been conceived very recently. Since you are an Omega male, the pup grows faster, which is probably why we know earlier…He said that you would be due to give birth in about four months.”

“Ah…Right.” It must have been that time two weeks ago…Damien had not only stopped me from crying and yelling out at him through anger…We had also…

Wasn’t it strange…That at the lowest point in my life, a very important and special little one was formed…

 

Actually, I had a vague understand of a male Omega pregnancy, but I had not looked into it too much, because for much of my life I hadn’t the need too.

I tried to remember more of what I had read, but I couldn’t remember too much.

Four months?

In four months…

Jitters went through me and I moved, unable to keep still.

“Happy?”

I nodded shyly, “I didn’t want to start a family so soon because of Chance, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t want to have a pup with you.”

Looking at Damien, I could only sigh, “It seems that I had underestimated destined mates!”

6