Chapter 29
243 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan’s POV

 

Damien laughed at me and then nodded, “I thought you were acting stupid when you stated that we use protection only for when you are on heat!”

“I’m not stupid!” I grumbled.

He put a finger to my nose, and said, “You never stated anything about any other time, so I took it to my advantage!”

“I never thought that…” I stopped…

It was true, I honestly didn’t think that it would happen so easily!

With the Queen, we had sex and not once was there a pregnancy! For a whole year nothing had happened, granted we didn’t have sex all the time, but no pregnancy had ever happened!

I completely forgot and didn’t even think that it would be different with Damien…

…I guess I was a bit stupid…

“Silly…How do you think mates that don’t have an Omega have pups!? Heat isn’t needed! Like I said, I thought you were just acting stupid and letting me get away with it! And I happily did so!”

“You!” I glared at him. “I didn’t act stupid!”

No…I didn’t act stupid, I was just stupid!

 

I had lived so long thinking that I had to be in heat to conceive!

What an idiot!

Feeling him snuggle into me even more, if it were possible…I felt his hand rub my stomach and I completely relaxed.

“Not mad?” He asked me.

Rolling my eyes, I held his hand tighter, “No. How could I be mad about getting pregnant with your pup!?”

“Good!” With that he kissed his mark, immediately making me moan.

Damien chuckled and snuggled back into me and we were not only showing our happiness through smiles but through our links. For so long, our links were filled with endless worry, feeling useless and anger. Now…We were happy and filled with expectations. Both of us already accepted this little, tiny existence, already impatient upon wanting to see who they will take over and what they will look like…

 

 

For the rest of the day, we took it easy as we let the news of my pregnancy sink in. The news did not exit the room, but we did tell Eleanor and Chance.

Chance…I think he understood…I could be wrong. But the Queen seemed happy and sad all at the same time.

She reminded me that women could be fickle sometimes…

She was happy because it was good news and that she wanted to hold another baby but sad because she’ll probably never have another baby and that she was worried about Chance.

I reminded her that Chance’s position would never be taken from him and that I would let her hold the new addition as often as she wanted too…Damien didn’t like that and stated that we would talk about it later, making me laugh at him.

His feelings weren’t shut off at all to me anymore and I was filled with his happiness and pride…And possession. I could feel it running all over me, more than ever! Before, it was possession over his mate and that is still there, but now it’s some kind of ultimate possession and I wondered how long it would take before I’d get angry with this feeling…If I ever do get angry with it, that is…

 

But…The next day become serious, as we came to acknowledge that we needed to get out of here as fast as possible!

Chance was the heir to the throne, even if Beta Owen had a child or not, but for me to have another child, would only make Owen angry!

I couldn’t imagine what he might want to do when he was to find out that there was now yet another one in his way to obtaining what he wanted…All I knew was, we were best to bring up our plans to get out of the palace as soon as possible!

 

***

 

So, with the doctor there to keep in touch with The Watcher’s Pack, we told him to state that we have moved up our plans. We did not use mobile phones, as we did not want to take the chance of Beta Owen finding out what we were doing, so, it was all done in the old-style way with letters and using blood as a seal. We knew that using letters was also a way of getting attention, so I did not just send one out, I sent out another one with it to another person, which was Alpha Monk. We knew Alpha Monk was loyal to us through blood, so I had updated him upon our plans as well. Since more then one letter had to be sent though, a third letter was added the second time, to go to the History Pack, to state that I was currently unable to find an Alpha as of the moment for them and that the Beta was to stay in charge for now…But I also placed a ‘sorry’ for being unable to pick up what was left for me…

Even though we were sure that the information had already been collected by Owen, we also wanted to show that we didn’t know this. Not only did it help make the letters sent out look formal and nothing to worry about, but also show Owen that we were still looking forward to gaining what the History Pack wanted to give us the last time we were there. The least amount of doubts that we show him, the more power he thinks he has and hopefully, he’ll put his foot into his mouth soon or do something else for us to bring him down!

 

A guard or two would keep these letters intact and discretely follow it but at the same time they weren’t to gain too much attention…As we didn’t want to give out that there was still something different about us…

As far as Owen knows, the doctor had stayed because of my mental well being and to attempt to try a few things to get me to walk again. We didn’t want to put on that I was standing and walking around longer and longer, as each day passed, as we didn’t want Owen to know that when we ask for a trip away…That we were instead actually trying to gain some time and fight him back! Fight him back with my two feet flat on the floor!

No, this trip was to be known as ‘For His Majesty’s health’ and could even be seen that I was ‘giving up more power to him’ by leaving the palace…In fact, we had already considered Owen even trying to kill us after we leave the palace!

And just as we thought, when the doctor stated that he was going to take me away for a while, to try and get my mind ‘mentally aware’ once again, Owen had stated bluntly that two men were going to accompany us…

Ah…We already had an idea upon what these ‘two men’ were going with us for!

 

 

The next day was very nerve racking!

I had to act like my life was over, that I was deep in depression and that I had no idea that I was even leaving the confines of the palace as my head should ‘be elsewhere’…And I most definitely can’t smile!

Oh, but smiling is something I had been doing a lot of lately!

How can I not be happy when I was walking again! What’s more…How can I not be happy that I will now have two little ones!? Two pups that were of my blood! My babies!

Chance was already one years old, and now he was going to get a brother or sister!

Austorious and I were both extremely happy, in which made Damien and Hexxah extremely happy and so…This whole set up felt like it was going to flop completely!

 

 

Before we were to leave, to get on the plane, we made sure that we had those small oxygen tanks. We also had come up with a few ideas for the two men that Owen was going to bring, but the best idea we’ve had, was to force them to accept a blood pact between them and myself. We didn’t want to let Owen in on our plans and considering that his plans might be the same as ours, so we thought this was the better way to go.

We all looked at a map, so to make sure we knew which way to ‘run’, and then the biggest worry for Damien, which was my pregnancy, it made the doctor state firmly a few times, that what we had to do in our plans should be fine.

…The doctor was really starting to get extremely frustrated with this Alpha!

Damien needed calming down twice now, because he was exceedingly worried by not just my safety but the safety of our pup. He even stated once upon if this was even worth doing, because he didn’t want to put his precious in any danger.

The problem was, we were already in danger and I coaxed him over by stating that I will look after myself and our pup very well!

There wasn’t much else that we could do but pack little, to show that we were ‘returning’, and for me to act ‘stupid’ when I was rolled out from Chance’s room…

 

In a wheelchair now, I tried hard not to even move my eyes, not to mention any other body part. I focused on not thinking, trying not to do anything…But it wasn’t easy.

My life was filled with making sure that I was busy and that I was a King!

Thinking about the Shifters, my Queen and my life in general was normal, but now, I was wanting to think of the future, of Chance’s future and how we were going to get Owen at his own game…

Austorious didn’t like it at all and I had to agree with him!

I was a King, being driven out of my own home! This was my palace and yet I had no control over it!

…The more I wanted to glare at Owen, the harder it was to act!

 

But, for our precious lives, I had to do this, I had to get on that plane with my family!

“Is there no change? Is he…Still…”

Owen’s voice made me want to frown but I focused to not think of him anymore, whatever he said from now on, don’t listen.

Don’t listen…

So, as I was wheeled down to where the plane was, I was then picked up by Damien and I still tried to look like I was mentally unaware, but I couldn’t help but rest my head into him and close my eyes.

This was just too bloody hard!

Hearing Damien’s heartbeat, I waited impatiently for Damien to stop talking with an angry tone and then stomp up the steps, to enter the plane.

We had already stated to each other that we weren’t to go back to ‘normal’, until the plane was in the air, and the pilot already knew of this strategy.

 

It was really convenient actually, that the pilot was from The Watcher’s Pack, just like the plane and the other couple of people on here…Well, except the two other men that Owen sent, whom went onto the plane without any difficulties and seemed to have an arrogant air about them…

Still in Damien’s embrace, I waited and soon…He put me down on the chair, which was my signal to become normal again. And I was glad for it, as the silence was hard to bear!

The plane was in the air and now it was time to make it entirely ours!

Standing up straight away, I quickly stated, “Bind them!”

Stunned looks turned into aggressiveness, when Owen’s two men saw Damien and two others go towards them. They backed up against the wall and growled, “What are you doing!?”

Their questions weren’t answered though, as we did not trust them, and we didn’t see the point in answering them anyway.

8