Chapter 13
490 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Damien’s POV)

 

It felt like a long flight, but it was only five hours long. Well, normally it was five hours long, this plane was one of the faster ones that we have, so it was going to get us there in four hours. I was really appreciative to hearing this, as though The Watcher’s Pack really were thinking most about His Majesty’s safety and well being.

In that time, my mate had not woken up once but had snuggled up to me and I swear he was happily sleeping now. I didn’t know whether to be irritated to this fact or not!

But…Never did I feel so complete until this plane ride…

With him right in front of me, I felt like everything would be ok…That I was able to breath…

Having touched his faced gently, taking advantage of his sleep, I spent some of my time to remove some of the dirt for him. Someone was there to help change the water, so I was able to get rid of more and more dirt, and even cleaned myself, as I found out that dirt was on my face too.

I had completely forgotten what I looked like, that I was suddenly made aware of why people had looked at me funny most of this time.

…It must have been when my precious mate was…I didn’t want to think about it…

 

No one said much to me the entire trip, but it seems that they know that he was my mate…They know that I was also the only one that had any rights to touch him like this. Even if the Queen was here, she would not be able to say anything…The fact that I was only recently known, and that the King had not stated any type of change, the fact that I was his destined mate, I would always come first.

With the simple fact that I had first dips and that the King was currently unconscious to state otherwise, I liked it tremendously!

He was mine!

Kissing his forehead, I pushed his hair out off his face and got comfortable again.

I had napped for about twenty minutes, but it was starting to get harder and harder to keep my eyes opened.

I hadn’t much sleep last night and my emotions had flown everywhere since!

Feeling really great and relaxed, there was just no helping it, I joined my precious mate in sleep…

 

***

 

“Alpha Rendall?”

“Can’t you just take His Majesty and then give him to me here?”

“He won’t let me!”

“Dammit, move out of the way!”

“Yes, Beta Owen.”

Clutching my mate, I suddenly opened my eyes and found myself in front of this ‘Beta Owen’!

“Ah, your awake! We’ve come to take His Majesty.”

I really didn’t like how he spoke to me! It sounded like…He owned my mate!

I was just about to growl or speak, that I will take ‘His Majesty’ wherever he needs to go, when hands going around my neck got both of our attention.

My mate seemed to be making himself more comfortable in my arms, perhaps getting annoyed that he was being interrupted with his sleep.

“Your Majesty!”

Growling, I tightened my hold over my mate in anger to ‘Beta Owen’s’ raised voice!

Seeing him stare at me and then step back, he sighed. “Let me guess, you’re His Majesty’s mate?”

Smirking at him, I got up then, safely holding my mate with me to my chest and as I passed him, I said, “Yes!”

 

Getting off the plane, I saw myself at the same palace that I had come to meet the ‘the next King’ and memories flooded into me.

“We’d prefer to do this in a more civilized way, Alpha Rendall. Even if you are his mate, we expect you to act properly here and at least…Put on some clothes!”

Seeing this old man look me up and down, I got even more annoyed and continued on my way towards the palace.

“Owen?”

“Your Majesty, I am here.”

My mates’ small words did stop me in my tracks.

“Owen, is Chance ok?”

“Yes, he is fine, nothing has happened here at the palace, my King!”

Chance…The first thing he asks for…Is Chance…

I didn’t want the hurt to inflict me in any way…But, I was unable to stop it.

“That’s good.”

“Your Majesty, are you able to walk?”

Dammit, old man, shut up! How often will I be able to hold my mate and you want to take him off me the first chance you get!

I didn’t like him at all!

“I don’t know.”

I felt my mate’s hold over me slightly tighten and it made me feel like mush…I really liked that he did that…

 

“Then, will you prefer me to carry you, Your Majesty?”

That was it, I hated the old man’s guts, I wanted to pummel him until he was dead!

Yep…

I felt my mate move his head away from my shoulder and I glared solemnly at Owen.

Not cool!

“Damien…”

I loved it when he called my name…

Turning to him, I know I wasn’t glaring anymore, how could I glare at that face…At my precious mate…

“It’s ok, I can walk.”

Putting my head against his, I tried to hide my frown, “Let me take you to were…”

You sleep…

And then close the door!

I heard him sigh, “Owen, I hadn’t had a chance to talk with Damien yet…”

Was…Was the King asking…Asking…Asking for us to talk!?

It sounded absolutely ridiculous to me!

I was dumbfounded, flabbergasted…I was in complete and utter shock!

That’s it! I was done with the old man!

Walking past Owen, I started to go up the stairs and asked my mate, “Just point, or tell me where to go.”

No…Not only am I not putting you down yet, we aren’t going to ask!

Geez, what has my poor, little mate been subjected to all these years!?

 

 

As I walked to wherever my mate said, I felt him tighten his hold over me, I even felt his stare upon my face. And dam, it felt good. It felt right that I had his attention like this!

I silently told him that he can look all he wants, so he better not try to get rid of me!

As soon as I opened another door, he then had shut it, because I didn’t do it…

Seeing him turn back to me, I stared back at him.

He put a hand to my face and I got up the nerve to say something really cheesy, but dam…

“Thank you for surviving.”

I couldn’t add more to that, I pulled him into me and cuddled him, hiding my face…

I didn’t want him to see my pained expression to potentially losing him.

Feeling his hand pulling at mine, that was holding his legs and butt, I let him go and he slowly put his weight upon the ground.

He was in boxer’s and a singlet, nothing else. That was all we could find quickly with the trip from The Watcher’s Pack to here…And when I put my hand then around his waist, my fingers easily slid under the big singlet.

“…I…Don’t know what to say, even though I know we should talk.”

He squared his shoulders, then walked around me and towards a desk drawer, pulling it out.

He held something in his hands then and I saw that it was a letter.

Looking at him, I could clearly see that he was shy, not even looking back at me anymore…

So…Was he going to give that to me or just stand there like an idiot?

I held back a smile to his cuteness…I couldn’t wait already, to spend the rest of my life with him!

 

 

(Ethan’s POV)

 

All this time, upon waking, I had no idea on what to do with this man.

I should protect him, I should let him go…But my heart really didn’t want too! My hands seemed to have a mind of their own…Making me realize that every part of me wanted this man with me…My nose, my hands, my…Well…

I could only sigh…

Now that I had this letter in my hand, with all I had to do was give it to him, it was like I had more courage now to do the opposite.

But then, he wouldn’t know how much I cared for him…

Dammit, it was so confusing!

What sucked the most, was that Owen would want me to get rid of him…I could feel it from before…

Sighing to my conflict, I didn’t think that the letter would be stolen from me instead!

“Hey!”

Before I knew it, Damien’s back was to me and he had already opened the letter!

“Wait!”

Damien, my mate…”

I tried to get the letter, feeling my cheeks go red, but was unable too!

A hand snaked itself around my waist then and a kiss was felt on my forehead, making me forget what I was doing.

So easily…So easily he had done something so intimate to me!

Could I smile, I really wanted too!

I have tried to find the exact reason or reasons that you have rejected me, and I understand why you did it…You think I rejected you?”

I puffed up and then put out a hand, to only just miss getting the letter back. “Don’t read anymore.”

“Tell me…”

 

I was stunned, because his hand pulled me closer into him and he had said this near my ear. Dam…

He was distracting me so much! But…I couldn’t help but become so happy about his intimacy…It was like a whole heap of presents were coming all at once!

The sparks, the feathery touch of his breath to my ear and neck…

Closing my eyes, I put a hand up, wanting to touch his face. Feeling his cheek in my palm, I looked up at him and put a kiss on his chin. Ah, I always wanted to do that!

His chin seemed to say, ‘Kiss me!’.

“Tell me, my King.”

Shivering to his words, I looked away from him and slumped my shoulders, “What did you want to tell me?”

“No, you tell me!”

“Tell you what!?”

I was confused, I hardly remembered what we were talking about!

“Tell me why you said I rejected you! It was plain as day that you rejected me!”

“What!” Now that got my attention!

“You were having a celebration for your son!”

Oh…

So, it was family…

I don’t know what to do now…As I was reminding that I don’t deserve him. I really don’t…

 

“…A secret, an Omega, I'm King, I already have a family...” Releasing myself from his hold, I sit down on the chair close by.

With all the tiredness I had, the hunger…I was still smitten to have him here, but it just…It wasn’t what I expected. Well, actually, I never expected it to come this far, not in my wildest dreams!

…He was really here…In my room!

I felt really lucky to have this chance…But…Why so personal? Can’t we talk about favorite colours or books instead?

“…You are not at fault and I don’t blame you for the rejection, as I would probably do the same in your shoes.

But, let me tell you something...I would never be able to put you to death, for knowing that I'm an Omega...Even if you told the world. Well isn’t that nice…Thank you, my King!”

Looking at Damien sharply, I then turned back away from him. I decided then to let him read it, since he wanted to read it so much! With him getting mad at just that one sentence, he probably won’t care for the rest very much either!

“…I can never hate you for thinking of me as a lowly Omega, as I feel the same about myself…That reminds me…”

Suddenly he was kneeling in front of me and taking my hand in his, “I don’t even know your name, little Omega.”

I looked away from him and closed my eyes. I felt like crying.

Was he teasing me? Was he playing games? Does he have to do this before he leaves me? Why can’t we have a good smile and a laugh instead!?

“Hey, look at me precious.”

So, I did…I looked at him…Uh?

I must be hearing things…

He wiped at the tear falling and sighed, “I’m sorry, if you don’t like it, I won’t say it.”

I furrowed my eyebrows at that and felt worse! I liked how he had called me precious…And now, so easily, it’s puffed into smoke!

9