Chapter 15
483 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ethan’s POV)

 

How was he able to just…

I couldn’t believe how quickly and happily he went along with what I had said!

“I will not take the throne, I will not selfishly put my…Pups, onto the throne…Ok?”

I opened my eyes and stared at him, thinking…Thinking that this must be a dream. It was so perfect!

Then, after thinking that, I never wanted to wake up!

If I woke up, will I still be just a King with a chosen mate and had never met my destined mate?

Putting my free hand to his face, I gently kissed him, and he lowered himself onto me, making me lay back down and we kissed for…Well, god knows how long!

I was so smitten that I didn’t stop him when he put his tongue in my mouth. His taste flowing through me, his touch…

I didn’t stop him when he put himself in between my legs and started to kiss down to my neck.

Ok…

I kissed the side of his face and just as I was about to let him know that I was ready, another knock sounded at the door. “Your Majesty, I believe you and I should talk more about this before you make a decision!”

“That old man!”

Damien left me suddenly and I took a moment before I became worried as he might actually cause a fight!

Sitting up in a rush, I see Damien walk into the bathroom, and turn back to me, “I’m having a shower! Tell him I’m going to put my scent all over this place!”

Then he slammed the door!

 

He had looked so cute with his words and slamming the door, that I let out a giggle. Ah, I know it hasn’t been long, but I really liked this guy, he was great!

“Your Majesty.”

I looked to the door, which had been opened, and I narrowed my eyes at Owen. “Do you not know what personal space stands for, Owen?”

“Not when it comes to you, my King.”

I widened my eyes at him and looked away, “Damien said that…”
“I heard Your Majesty…He was going to put his scent all over this place!”

Seeing Owen mad, made me happier…It looked like Damien was going to put this man in his place.

I was never going to do it, but I did know that…He was supposed to be a servant, a friend, a brotherly figure, even a father figure, but he has always been closer to that of a boss, rather than any of those…

“Indeed.”

“You…Have you forgotten, or am I to repeat things to you?”

“I haven’t forgotten, but it seems he has figured out a few things…Beta Owen.”

“…Beta Owen?”

I took the drink off the tray in front of me and had a sip, I really was thirsty and hungry! The food looked really good!

Diving right into the food, I closed my eyes to the taste…

“If it is the case, then how would you explain it to others? If it is found out, that you are in fact an Omega…”

“Then perhaps the Sollace family is finished and will no longer rule the Shifters.”

When did I get so much courage!?

 

Before I could celebrate though, my food was then smashed to the floor. “Impudent! You are an Omega! The best idea is to keep it from becoming known and wait until Chance becomes of age to take the throne! You are being ridiculous!”

“Me!? Don’t you think it’s about time we stop this lying! Even if I was an Omega and the packs accepted that, they might not accept the fact that we lied all these years! Did you even think of that, old man! If they don’t accept it, what am I to do!? I had been forced to become this way, yet you still think we should keep this lie until the end!? No! I don’t want Damien to leave, we will become destined mates known to the Shifters and if I have to regain loyalty, I’ll do it!”

“You are such a child!”

“No, I just don’t like living this way! Now that I have my mate, I want to live a better life!”

“You will die to Shifters, are you forgetting the Elementalist’s!? They are our enemies, don’t make anymore!”

I bit my lip and lost it…My courage was now gone…

I was scared of the Elementalist’s…I didn’t need to be reminded that they were a threat to me…Us…

Even Chance…My…Future pups…

How would they survive!?

…He was right…

Right now, we could not let it become known…I will not be able to say that I was an Omega, nor that of wanting to publicly announce that Damien was my destined mate…

To be together with him, wasn’t I sentencing not only him, but our pups, to death!? Was I a complete fool!?

 

All at once, not only did I remember why I don’t deserve Damien, my mate, but I continued to feel inferior.

…It was such a good dream…

Sadness rolled through me like a ton of bricks…

“So, you understand?”

Not having the courage to nod, because I desperately wanted Damien in my life, I instead got out of bed and put on some clothes…

I couldn’t handle this…

Leaving the room, I charged down the stairs and directly went to where I could run with my wolf.

Neither of us where happy…

My wolf didn’t want to bring death to our family, just like myself.

Although I felt like the world was at an end, my wolf did get over it rather quickly and stated that we just have to be strong enough, so that our family won’t die!

…His faith in us was scary!

 

Before even getting to the end of the hallway, I shifted into my wolf and charged out of the palace. I needed space…I needed…To…

I didn’t even know what I needed to do!

Running, I tried not to think of anything! I just ran, ran and ran…

What do I do?

What do I do!?

My mate had made an oath, a blood oath! With a promise and some of his blood, he can never go back on his word! And…He’d so easily done it! Within a minute, the seal was created, and his blood connected with mine!

He had called me ‘sweetheart’ and had accepted me as an Omega King, giving me hope that others could too. He said that nothing was going to get in the way, that he was ready! It was completely obvious that he meant it, he was so ready that I would have been marked right now, if it wasn’t for Owen!

It really was so romantic! So brilliantly beautiful to me that I felt my heart overflowing!

Never really feeling special, Damien’s actions and words gave me strength, they made me feel that the world was amazing…That life was worth living and happiness was in my grasp!

Slowing down, then stopping, I panted and found myself really woozy. It wouldn’t take a genius to figure out that I was utterly exhausted. I had very little sleep and food in the last 48 hours…

 

Falling to the ground, I then let out a massive sigh and closed my eyes.

Thinking about what would happen if Damien and I did what we wanted, I was worried. Chance might not feel loved if he saw that his father was with another and even having his pups…He might even eventually hate me for doing this to his mother…Dam, what would even happen to the Queen then!?

Shifters…They will know that I lied, that all this time, I was an Omega…

I had already hated the fact that I as an Omega was kept secret all this time, but now, I wished we had been upfront about it from the start. I wished that I had thought of this earlier and made it public, but I…

As much as I wanted to state it was all Owen’s fault, because I was just a small kid placed into a position with many worries, I still felt like I was at fault too. As soon as I knew that I was holding such a secret, I should have said or done something…

…Then…Another thing does worry me. How much time could Damien and I even spend together anyway!? I was a King with many problems…He was an Alpha of a pack…We could be on opposite sides of the continent!

…Hadn’t I always known that life wasn’t fair?

Why was everything so problematic though!?

Why can’t I just…

Putting a paw over my face, I just stayed there and tried to calm down. Trying not to think of the happiness I may loss, or the happiness I may never obtain.

Instead, I thought of all the sadness I continued to get and all the sadness in the present and, possibly, the close future…

 

 

(Damien’s POV)

 

“Alpha Rendall.”

Already, I hated that voice!

Man, I can’t even get dressed before I’m ambushed by this old fart!

“Beta Owen, tell me about these…Elementals?”

Seeing the old guy smirk at me, I narrowed my eyes at him.

He was picking up a few things from the floor, from having knocked over the food earlier, and said, “I will not tell you anything, ‘Alpha Rendall’!”

“I will find out, I would much prefer, though, to not make my mate upset and ask him, so you can tell me!”

“You are mistaken if you think I will tell you of such things!”

Growling, I then angrily said, “Are you psychotic? Why would you make it harder for me to protect my mate, when he is your King!?”

“He is my King, but you are nothing to me.”

I really didn’t like how he had talked to my mate just now, I didn’t like it that much that I couldn’t concentrate in the shower!

And…I completely hated the fact that this old man was being nasty to me! Hexxah was ready to shift and to make him kneel! The Alpha in me was completely vexed!

This ‘Beta’ of the King, was…Questionable! Even more so now, that he was not accepting me in the slightest!

I knew it wouldn’t be an easy road for us, but what my precious mate Ethan had said, was right, the lies should stop, and loyalty could be regain! Hell, maybe some of them knew already that Ethan was an Omega!

So, why was this old fool wanting to continue to lie so much!?

 

“I think your stay here at the palace has come to an end, Alpha Rendall.”

“Oh, has it really?”

I walked over to the closet, in only a towel, and didn’t spare much of a glance at the old man.

Honestly, it was taking a lot out of me not to kill the bastard!

“Here I thought you knew our King, you don’t look worried at all. Do you really think that what I have said to him isn’t enough for him to stop any relationship with you?”

I turned around and eyed him, whom continues to overstep his boundaries and look overly confident, “Do you even have a mate, ‘Beta Owen’?”

He went silent to my question and I smirked, he was definitely hiding something!

I continued to browse through my mates’ clothes, getting annoyed at only finding ‘royal’ types of formal clothing…Finally though, I found something that could fit me in a small draw.

Fiddling through the clothes, I hear him stand and then say more crap to me, “Who are you to question? Perhaps I should question if you are really the destined mate of my King! It wouldn’t be the first time that someone had tried to claim themselves to be his destined mate!”

I, again, turned to him and put on the shirt I picked, “Then perhaps you are the one that doesn’t know the King!”

I was angry at that last statement, so I had said that quite harshly…I didn’t like the idea of others having their eye on my precious mate!

Putting on some jeans…That were really tight, I then took them off, to find another pair.

“You are in over your head in this, Alpha Rendall, and you look completely idiotic!”

“I beg to differ…Instead…If there’s someone to question…” I turned to him, taking the towel off me, now that I found some jeans that fit me to wear, “You are the one that is questionable!”

8