|| Prologue ||
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is said that before humans got the ABO genes, they went through a lot first. It has so many legends, theories and rumors of its origin. Some said it was because of further development in science or maybe because of the fantasy-like myths: cross-breeding with beast people or because of eating mythical fruits. But would you believe it, if it was because of prayers?

A long time ago on Earth, when humans didn't exist yet, it was known as the era of mythical creatures. 

When angels went back to Heavenly Kingdom and Demons were exiled, God wanted to make new residents for Earth. But one glance at it and you can see it was left to ruin, after the long war between His first children. 

The Earth that time is full of dead bodies that didn't start to disintegrate because there is no soil to absorb it– it only floats on the dirty red ocean, a thin mist hangs everywhere, while the scent of dead, blood and smoke was strong. This is the abandoned battlefield of the angels and the demons. 

The once, new and abundant Earth, became a living hell with no one left living on it at all. So God decided, He will make His new children reside in it and give each different blessing that will make Earth stabilize and become inhabitable once again.

And after long preparations, four ‘children’ were born. The first child will have the ability of growth that can rebuild the planet. The second and third will have the strength to protect it. Then the fourth will have wisdom second to God. God also assigned spirits to each of them to guide His new born children. 

After thousands of years full of the effort of the four God’s children, Earth then became better than it was before. 

There are new trees and flowers; the mountains stand strong and tall; the oceans are clean and flowing; the atmosphere is finally fresh and bright. 

When God saw their achievements, He gave names to His four sons as a reward. The first child will be called Elfia, the second is Dragmar, the third is Mermia and the fourth's name is Noma.

The four children were filled with content and happiness so they liked to share this moment with the spirits who guided them. After celebrating having their names, they suggested to God to give one to each spirit too. 

God agreed to them but the four should be the one to name them. 

Finally, after giving it a lot of thought they named four spirits and gave them free will, too. 

The first was named Tyche, the second was called Hera, the third was Sofia while the fourth was named Thavma.

Finishing their main mission, they were all satisfied and lived harmoniously despite living separately. 

During those years, under the seclusion of the four children, they have established their own families, gained strength and masteries. 

They evolved and spread, until it became a race. They finally have descendants and the latter named themselves after them. The Elves, the Dragons, the Mermaids, and the Gnomes. 

Then a long period of time passed again, the era came where the old breed with new descendants and new races were born; the era where Humans and Beastkind entered the Earth.

Hundreds of years went and passed, the Humans and Beastkins gained knowledge from the old residents of Earth.

They learned how to take care of it, they learned how to be strong, and also learned how to forge.

The two races owe what they know to the old races. But unexpectedly, the latter suddenly vanished and left no traces of where they went. 

The two races were left alone in their big home, but the human race were the ones who took care of everything after the disappearance. 

Beastkins evolved faster than Humans, but sooner for other unknown reasons they became extinct. The only proof of their existence is the animal race in wildness, living on Earth.

Centuries have passed and the said old races became a legend and myth. But this is also the time where humans discovered new things that the said old races never taught them.

They discovered Science and continuously striving for education and innovation. The old teachings were either improved or changed.

They built kingdoms of their own on Earth, and established society. 

However, this is also where their complicated life started. They began to desire the power to control, command, and be tempted to malicious order. Their own traditions and culture broke their simple living of age.

 

So one day, Earth became a bloodbath once again.

Humans lie, steal, and kill –for a long time no one between them can stop it. 

The war came one after another; more people died and were sacrificed in vain. Their population went down and at the same time, a new problem arose. 

Disasters and plague also came consecutively; the first victims were always the weak ones. The human population immediately went half, and when their inventions can't stand anymore the calamities and war that's currently happening, they almost met their end. 

God saw everything and wanted to send His angels but He remembered the resting spirits were still residing on Earth. 

These spirits after losing their first masters slept and never once woke up. Now it is time to wake them up and give them another task: to guide the remaining races on Earth. 

With that, the spirits opened their eyes and left their slumber position.

The humans had four different kingdoms before the war, the north, west, east, then south. After the war, the south and east kingdom suffered depopulation but the disasters also affected the north and west too, destroying their natural resources and killing most of its folks.

After receiving God's order, the four spirits decided to split up and enter each kingdom. 

They give them a blessing based on their needs.

The spirit of the north, from the Tyche Family, gives them blessings of fortune and luck.

The spirit of the South, from the Hera Family, blessed the people with youth and health. 

While the spirit of the East, from the Sofia family, helps the people to increase the population. And in the West, the spirit from the Thavma Family, gave wisdom to its people to bring back its nation.

The people who saw these spirits after helping them, were so amazed that praises won't be enough to show their gratitude. But even before, they can thank the spirits the latter immediately hid. 

Sooner, these spirits were called ‘Fairies’ and people built small temples for them. 

Humans believed that small human-like creatures were their ancestors, some believed it was angels. But either way, no matter what their origins are, they know it will appear if someone wants to wish for something or when they face disasters and problems—the fairies are there to solve them. 

So starting from that day, most people became so dependent on them and praying to them became a tradition for the Kingdoms.

….

Then one day, one man stood on the carpet, staring at the glamorous altar with different kinds of offered flowers on it. 

But despite the almost towering flowers put on it and bright lights on each side, it never looks crowded from any angle. It is also well maintained– a proof of how much they respect the 'fairies'.

The said man is from the East Kingdom, he is wearing casual clothes, the typical clothes for commoners. The fabric used on the clothes can be said to have lower quality than the aristocrats used. But despite that, the beauty and temperament he possessed didn’t yield on the other type of beauties that any noblemen have. 

When one looks carefully, his almond eyes have a golden sparkle- making it his number one beautiful attribute for his appearance. However, because of the insufficient amount of light inside the altar, the shade of his hair couldn’t not be seen well with a naked eye- aside from one pair of eyes mixing well from the ornaments just above the main altar.

The young man knelt on the soft red carpet and bowed at the same time. He started his prayers and after, he cried.

"Oh Fairy of Miracles, here my plea. I, a commoner, fell in love with a man. We both wanted to marry each other. But he is a son of a noble and they said, if I can just give birth and offer a healthy young boy worthy as a heir of a noble, his family will let us marry and love each other. For I am a man, I cannot give birth; Fairy of Miracles, give me a blessing. I will offer you my dignity, passion, and life. " The boy said while trying to calm himself when he heard the broken voice he uttered due to the pain he is carrying at the present.

At that period of time, the human population was categorized based on their power, riches and education. 

The beautiful man's family is a commoner, too far from any noble families. He believes that he is wishing for the impossible so he desperately prayed and cried. 

He doesn't believe in Fairies so unlike most people from any other kingdoms, he has never ‘prayed’ and became dependent on them. Instead, he believes everything should be obtained from hard work and knowledge. This is what he learned from working ever since he was a kid so his family could eat at least two times a day.

This incident is the only and first time he prayed and asked for the  rumored 'miracles',  because of love. He is so desperate to be with the man despite the treatment of his true love's family.

As soon as the tears stopped dripping, he finally stood up. But together with that, the courage he had gathered before entering the small temple, faded. 

He only has two choices after this, either he can really receive a miracle, and use it  or he will just forget everything. 

He has a strong mentality and he knows he is not weak, so normally even without the fairies’ blessing he could just work hard for anything he wants and sooner it will pay off. 

It’s just, that mentality always fades and tries to escape whenever he encounters the cruelty of reality.

But despite the negativity of the youth, the Spirit residing in the East Kingdom heard him well.  

Sofia felt sorry for him, but she has no idea how to help the begging boy. The boy is so pitiful and it will be her failure if she doesn't do anything to help the lad who can pour much love on his man. As someone who receives blessings from their God the Father, of course she also believes in how important love is! 

It’s just that, what he wished for is so impossible to grant!

So she made an effort and talked to the other spirits. The spirits gave it a lot of thought, then they tried mixing their blessing and changing the boy's genes, not knowing it would cause a huge conflict with humans.

After all, the magic casted by these spirits wasn't a small matter. Even one spirit can bring the whole collapsing nation back. 

And so, because of their slight negligence, the blessing casted were then spread to the rest of the human population. So unexpected to these spirits, it didn't work as they wanted to. 

The said blessing did reach the man but not only him. The magic was cast on each person alive and affected their bodies without acknowledgement. Within 25 days, the effect of the blessings came out. People-either boy or girl- after intercourse get pregnant. 

Of course, a woman getting pregnant was not extraordinary especially for the young ones but a male one is definitely an amazing and almost impossible encounter for them or maybe even a curse. 

Sooner people with different backgrounds but with common traits were announced fertile. However these changes are not considered the extreme ones yet but sooner a problem arose. 

Professionals of that time haven’t got any concrete evidence but they conclude that human genes are altering without humans knowing the origin. 

Sooner, no matter what gender, the ones whose genes are altered will be called Alpha and Omega. The Omegas are the ones who will have high fertility among everyone but in exchange have weak bodies. 

Alphas who unusually, although fertile, were found to have stranger physique compared to anyone while the people who didn't get affected by the magic at all will be called Beta.

And as years passed by, the evolution of humans started, mixing with the ABO genes that the 'fairies' casted. 

Later the said 'Fairies 'who started the ABO genes, will vanish to the minds of humans. But though untold to anyone, no matter how many years flies, no matter what destruction they face, no matter what happens, the spirits, who made a taboo, will forever face retribution for the sake of the one man who wished to be loved.

-END-

1