|| Chapter 4: The mysterious Roses’ Cafe ||
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ciel was about to open the book when he heard two voices. 

He looked back and met two pairs of eyes staring at him, belonging to two different ‘girls’. 

One wearing a uniform carrying a tray with hot chocolate and a plate if his ordered meal. While the other, wearing a white loose t-shirt tucked inside a red checkered skirt. The latter's clothes, partnered with white high heels, surprisingly look good in the eyes.

Observing the two, Ciel can tell who said what. 

The youth politely talked to the waitress first when he saw her waiting as if asking permission to put down the tray. Not saying anything more, the staff left Ciel and the mysterious 'girl' in a checkered skirt, alone.

The omega first looks at the book currently at his right hand to make sure if the question from the 'girl' pertains to what he is holding. On the other hand, using books from the cafe proved to be alright based on how the waitress didn’t reprimanded him.

Silence can be heard clearly between the two, before the boy replied after a long time, "I’m just curious, but if you want to read it, go ahead," the boy said, trying to give the blue hardbound book to her.

"Ah no….. I already know what happened in the story. It just caught my attention when you chose that book. It's a good story, worthy of your curiosity" The 'girl' answered, shaking his palms towards the omega.

Ciel was mute for a moment not knowing what to reply after that remark from 'hers'. 

The silence made the situation awkward, unintentionally. 

Two grown people, totally strangers, just staring at each other at the cafe. If that's not awkward then I don't know what is. But you can't blame them, Ciel isn't good at talking while the 'girl'... let's just say 'she' looks friendly but not the type the omega will get along with at first.

The 'girl' who was smiling at Ciel surely felt the youths’ awkwardness too, so 'she' gave a polite giggle. 

The little noise made Ciel come back to his senses. But he didn't know what to say to the other so he just said what came to his mind first, which resulted in making Ciel hate himself for being an unwitty and naturally awkward person.

”Is that so then I,I'll definitely try it later."

'Did that sound curt and arrogant? Will the girl be offended?' Ciel thought to himself.

The ‘girl’ looking content and still smiling said "You have good taste, I see. If you want to finish the book then we'll see each other later then! Have a nice meal!"

The ‘girl’ turned her back against Ciel and happily ran away through the big glass door.

Ciel who looked flustered was left staring at the slowly closing door, the jungling of the bell also ringing in the air. 

Walking towards his table, he looked at the blue book with the title: "Mischief of the fairies". 

He felt that the conversation he just had was so unusual, but that rather amplifies Ciel's curiosity about the book. 

Though the title looks childish, and the book looks plain because it has no drawing at all, but as the saying goes you can't change the books by its cover.

Ciel arranges his position and the foods first so he can eat comfortably. He did it so fast before his stomach rumbled loudly again. As he sat, the steam of the hot chocolate from the mug and the aroma of the truffle pasta he ordered caught his attention.

The mug's design is simple but the hot chocolate itself looks interesting. 

It has a beautiful flower- from the looks of it, it’s a rose- drawn on the surface.  It gives off a sophisticated vibe and can make someone feel bad when you drink it because it will ruin its beauty. 

Ciel also felt the same thing, especially because he always does a beauty and quality check on almost everything, and the service from this cafe really satisfied him.

But sooner, the boy decided to drink it in the end, because aside from wasting money to not drink it, it would be impractical and an insult to those who made it right? 

He reached the mug's handle and when the taste of it entered Ciel's system, he almost showed his overjoyed feeling.

'Now, I wouldn't feel bad for my wallet and conscience. it's definitely worth it.' Ciel happily thought as he tasted the hot chocolate again.

Putting down the mug, another beautifully prepared meal caught his interest. 

The truffle pasta is on a round porcelain plate that looks like a small frying pan because of its shape but the inner portions that's filled with the pasta is color white while the outer color is coin-gray. 

The pasta didn't look oily but it's not dried either, instead it has the rich color yellow that blends well with the little green parsley outspread on the pasta. 

Using a stainless fork that's placed on another rectangular plate, he rolled the strands of pasta to his fork and put it on his mouth, but because this is the first time Ciel tasted the dish, his only reaction is that it has an excellent taste. 

But another compliment he can give to the cafe is the good aroma oozing from his food.

It has the calming and delicious smell even before he tasted it, but not to the point it will spread on the whole cafe.

That's what also bugs Ciel. 

Most cafes should either have the aroma of the coffees lingering in the air or maybe freshly baked cupcakes, but this cafe is different. 

The plants are not that many and probably all the ones displayed and used as decorations are fake. 

Aside from the doors that's being open and closed every time, there are no windows for ventilation. But despite that, it still has a warm and pleasant atmosphere, and that's a plus point. 

It's just a wonder for curious people like Ciel. 

‘Why is it so mysterious, even the customers are strange’, pertaining to the sudden talk he had with the ‘girl’.

The boy that's currently sitting alone, continued eating and appreciating the food and drink. 

After some period of time, he pushed the plate towards the tray and reached two sheets of table tissue. He accidentally looked again at the blue book he took from the bookshelf a while ago.

He put the book at the most corner of the table a while ago to avoid dirtying it. 

Reaching for the book, he stretched his left arm that looked so thin with his loose green cardigan. 

He opened the book and readied himself to read it. 

The first page is just plain blue paper, darker than the color blue cover of the book. Knowing that the title is on the second page, he skipped it. He proceeds to unfold the third and fourth page only to see it blank.

‘Normally it should have a table of contents or maybe acknowledgements or some important words of the author right?’

Failing to notice the written words and sign that can’t be seen clearly because it looks like an old writing that is starting to fade away, at the lowest part of the fourth page, he didn't think much about it and moved on to read the very first chapter. 

It slightly surprised Ciel when he noticed that the book is about a legend of the three secondary genders' origin. 

There are mythical creatures added to the plot, like how Earth was made to be as abundant as it is now, and how the fairies came out of nowhere. They create magic and even grant wishes to the people.  

Time flew so quickly. When Ciel noticed his phone, he looked at the time. It's already been two hours since he arrived at the cafe. He really got hooked on the book.To boot, he hasn't read any books like this so it's pretty fun for him.

The book is in novel-like structure, with a third person point of view. The author narrates everything in detail but not to the point it will make everything from the book believable immediately. 

But some of the content he has read contains interesting stories like in the first chapter, the author did a good job introducing important characters in terms of events and their significance.

One of the most intriguing parts is when the incidents about these fairies suggests empathy from the readers. 

After more than one hour reading the book, since it was not that long and thick he almost reached the finale but remembering he can't stay long anymore he promised to come back again for it. 

He still hasn't got any new job, he can't idle for too long. He virtually sighs, it's really difficult to be an adult.

Ciel stood up and hesitated to put back the book. 

Hoping he could borrow the book from the cafe, he went straight to the bar carrying his things. One male staff noticed him so the staff assisted him. 

First, Ciel asked for the bill and after paying the exact amount he talked about the book. At first the male staff behind the counter stare at Ciel.

He didn't think much about the male staff's gaze because he's used to it. But waiting for too long is never his forte so he acted very uncomfortable. 

Staring at the tall man for too long, the staff immediately noticed his rudeness and stopped while saying "My apologies sir but I don’t think customers can borrow the books but let me call a senior."

The male staff with a small physique, black hair and green eyes, left hurriedly and called the waitress who served him a while ago. 

But just like the male staff, she suddenly has a surprised look before returning to her gentle demeanor. Because of this, Ciel felt something was amiss. Though he knows he's attractive, didn't he met this girl already and she obviously didn't feel much charmed. So what's up this time? 

But despite these thoughts he didn't voice it out and instead talked normally when repeating what he asked to the black haired male staff.

The female answered his question with a no, and Ciel somehow expected this possibility even before he went to the counter so he didn't take it further. 

Thinking for a moment he didn't reply fast but after a while he said " I understand, then I'll be back for this book. Thank you" after bidding farewell and exchanging gratitude words he walked towards the door he entered a while ago, still contemplating if he can stay longer or not. 

Finally holding the door handle, Ciel then decided that he'll just read it next time he comes. The cafe left a good impression on Ciel's first time attending it. It's quite near to his home too, so he can visit anytime.

The little bells chimed together again when the door collided with it. 

Ciel inhaled the fresh air when he finally left the cafe’s premises. But if only the future Ciel can talk to the omega who just left a cafe door, the present will never be surprised anymore as he learned the mystery of the six genders on Earth and how it will change his present life.

At the same time, as Ciel walks towards his home, there’s someone hiding in the shadows, eyeing on his back. Someone, in the shadow of a big tree near the houses, smiled holding a new bouquet of lilac flowers as ‘she’ entered ‘her’ cafe.

Suddenly, all the transparent windows and doors dimmed, isolating what’s inside and outside. 

All the staff made a perfect line for the person who just entered. ‘She’ is wearing a loose white t-shirt and red checkered skirt. 

They all smiled warmly as they say “Welcome back, young master".

1