Chapter 10. Desperate resistance
87 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Urug standing at the gate looked into the distance, although it was night now, it did not affect his visibility. He saw a road stretching away into the distance, flanked by agricultural fields ending in dense forest. At a distance of 200 meters from the gate, in the middle of the road, there were frightened people gathered in a heap.

 

After looking at them a little, Urug looked away, he didn't care whether they died or not, since they were nobody for him. Shifting his gaze to the forest dark in the night, a barely noticeable sadness flashed in his eyes.

 

A few days ago, an intelligence group led by his son-in-law collapsed, and failure to return can only mean that they all died. Although his daughter hopes to the last that he will return. As for Urug, he already considered him a dead man, since his son-in-law would not be able to survive the leader of the devourers who is leading this attack.

 

Even for him, a one-on-one battle with the leader of the devourers can end in death. Due to their regeneration, they are practically invulnerable to internal energy-enhanced rashu attacks, only external use of rashu is able to harm them, not to mention the fact that they are able to control their enhanced bones to attack.

 

While Urug was thinking, the rumble of many footsteps and shouts was heard from the darkness of the forest. Hearing them, all the wars on the wall tightened their grip on their weapons.

 

People standing in the middle of the road, hearing the sounds from the forest took a few steps back. Fear appeared in their eyes, and their bodies trembled. Several people at the end of the crowd approached the children and grabbed their hands.

 

The rumble of footsteps and screams grew louder until a nasty-looking creature the size of a horse appeared from the forest. It had six legs with long curved claws, all of them were different in size from each other, the legs had no pieces of skin and muscles with tendons were visible. The creature's body itself was spherical and covered with various warts and rotten ulcers, there were many bones sticking out on the creature's back like a hedgehog, the creature's muzzle was an open mouth with sharp teeth bent back and a long protruding tongue that split in half to the tip. He had six eyes located above his mouth in a circle.

 

Immediately after him, monsters like him appeared with disproportionate bodies, protruding bones, warts and ulcers. Some of them were six meters long with eight legs and bones sticking out of their heads, others had a long tail with a strange bone tip.

 

Seeing the monsters, most people turned pale and turned around and ran towards the wall. Out of fear, they pushed and fell under their feet, others, not paying attention to the fallen, stepped on them.

 

The children, who were dragged by several adults, ran after them without turning around. From behind, they heard the approach of something big, until at one point they heard heart-rending screams of pain and the sound of chewing.

 

Hearing the screams, several people looked around and saw a terrifyingly scary picture, dozens of monsters devouring people.

 

One of the monsters ran up to the fallen man and stepped on his feet with his paw, crushing them, turning them into pieces of flesh mixed with pieces of bones. The man lost consciousness from the pain he felt, and the monster opened its mouth and bit off his upper body, after which, with the sound of cracking bones, he instantly worried. After swallowing it, he opened his mouth again and sat down the remains of a man, leaving only bloodstains in his place.

 

Such an atrocity happened wherever there were monsters. Urug, who was watching this, only frowned a little, then sighed. Counting the number of visible monsters, Urug assumed that only the leader and several dozen more fortified eaters remained in the forest.

 

Realizing this, he looked at the archers from both sides and began to give orders in a loud voice.

 

- Full tension, everyone knows the price of your arrows, so save them, try to shoot accurately.

 

When his voice sounded, the bows in the hands of the archers began to glow a lot, after which they pulled the bowstring as much as possible and the arrowhead also began to emit light. When Urug saw that all the archers were ready, he nodded and his shout rang out again.

 

- Fire!!

 

Upon hearing the order, the archers released the bowstring, and the arrow, creating air currents around itself, disappeared from sight with a pop at an incredible speed.

 

The archer quickly reached behind his back and took out the next arrow, loading it into a glowing bow and pulling the string, he immediately released it. Every two seconds, the sound of piercing and strong wind currents could be heard from each archer.

 

A pale, thin teenager was dragging a boy who was about 5 years old, their faces were full of fear and approaching despair, there was a smell of blood and rot around them, and behind them there were screams of pain, cracking bones and growling monsters.

 

Suddenly, the boy stumbled and fell, slowing down the teenager holding his hand. The teenager clenched his jaw, he promised that he would save at least one child, because of his weak body, he could not carry the boy on himself, so he had to drag him along.

 

Turning back, he froze in fear, four red eyes looked straight into his eyes, and a little lower from the mouth dripped copious amounts of saliva. The monster, which had been quietly following them all this time, practically stepped on the child lying in horror with its massive paws.

 

Bending his camel-like head, from which several bones protruded towards the child, he opened his mouth ready to tear off a piece of flesh from him. When the monster was about to close its mouth, the teenager, overcoming his fear, pulled the child towards him with all his strength.

 

Pulling the child out from under the monster, he picked him up and quickly ran towards the gate. The monster, who saw his food running away from under his nose, got angry and rushed after him.

 

A teenager running with a child in his arms began to choke with fatigue. He could hear the monster's rapid approach behind him. Several times he had the idea of abandoning the child, but he quickly discarded it. Little by little, his suddenly acquired strength began to run out, and his legs began to stumble.

 

Suddenly, the monster behind stopped making running sounds, realizing what it meant, he gathered his remaining strength and jumped aside. In the place from which he jumped a few moments ago, a heavy monster carcass landed. The teenager himself after the jump, along with the child, collapsed powerlessly to the ground.

 

He pressed the face of the trembling and crying boy to his chest, watching as the monster, turning around after jumping, quickly approached them. When the teenager closed his eyes and was ready for a painful death, the sounds of clapping were heard from the wall.

 

After that, an arrow crashed into the monster's head next to the teenager at an incredible speed, which pierced through it and flew further into the ground, creating a small crater in the ground.

 

 

2