Chapter 18. The transience of time
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time continued to flow uncontrollably, the news of the death of the daughter of the manager of the northern gate and the birth of an heir, spread throughout the settlement. More conscious residents, such as merchants and high-ranking officials, began to choose sides and prepare for the impending confrontation.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nor, completely devoted himself to brutal training and meditation, under the approving gaze of Urug. A few months after Elizabeth's death, he was able to ascend to the level of an enhanced person, breaking the settlement record, which surprised Vladimir as he thought he would need about another six months. It takes an ordinary person about 4 years to reach this level, and the fastest settlement result is about two years.

 

Urug hid the news of Nor's success and continued to betray some of his knowledge. As for Albin, his uncle Vladim was responsible for him.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Years passed and so 5 years passed. During this time, the atmosphere in the settlement became tense every day. Most of the merchants and high-ranking employees chose their side.

 

As for Urug, as soon as Nor entered the person who reached the limit, he immediately went into a closed training session. Having handed over the reins of management to Nor, whom Vladim looked after from the outside, by order of Urug. Who spent most of the time running the family while Nor was training.

 

Even after Urug handed over the reins to him, Nor did not stop his training. Sometimes, when Vladimir was not at home, he came to meet Albin and play with him.  

 

As for Albin, according to Vladimir's observation, the child was different from ordinary children. Although his character was still childish, his intellect went far ahead. At the age of 3, he could win one of a hundred intellectual games with Vladimir and over time the number of his victories increased.

 

It should be understood that Vladim is not an easy soldier, but one of the smartest people in the settlement. Having learned about the child's intelligence, Vladim found time between his tasks to teach the boy a variety of knowledge.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

 

One fine day, Albin was watching Nora's regular training sessions with a sword. Bored of just watching the training, he approached the Burrow and asked him to practice an exercise with a sword. After listening to the boy, Nor, after a little thought, agreed. Ten years have passed since Elizabeth's death and Nor has become very attached to the boy.

 

Having trained the child a little, he wanted to check how strong Albin's abilities are in using rush, usually they start teaching the use of rush at the age of 14. Placing his hand on the child's body and introducing the rashu into his body, Nor was stunned by the amount of spiritual rashu of the child. After thinking about it a little and consulting with Urug, who was surprised and delighted with this news, Nor began to teach Albin how to wield a sword and rush.

 

As for the situation in the settlement, over the past five years, the four sides have practically divided the spheres of influence in the settlement. Fortunately, due to the unwillingness to weaken the settlement, all sides tried to solve all the problems that arose without direct confrontation. But according to Vladimir's assumption, this will not last long and as soon as everything in the settlement is divided, conflicts will begin to arise.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So another 5 years passed, to the incredible surprise and horror of the other managers, they learned that one of the trusted people of Uruga was able to go beyond the human limit, becoming one of the strongest people in the settlement. But their shocks did not end there, as the next news was also unfavorable for them. From the intelligence they learned that the young heir of the caretaker of the northern Gate was able to reach the limit at the age of 15, breaking his teacher's record.

 

These fears forced all the caretakers to unite for a joint confrontation. Various skirmishes began to arise in the settlement, and the Uruga side suffered heavy losses. Vladim, who previously controlled the side of the northern gate, disappeared for unknown reasons, leaving all control to the Burrow.

 

The skirmishes continued, causing blood to be shed. But on one of the cloudy tributes, a wave of powerful energy swept through the entire settlement, scaring everyone. She made all the skirmishes in the settlement stop.

 

Nor, meditating in his room next to his disciple, abruptly opened his eyes and jumped up in disbelief after learning where the wave was coming from. The old memories of the loss came back to his mind, making him feel pain. From the place where the wave of energy came from and from its familiar fluctuations, he could say with one hundred percent probability that it came from his teacher.

 

The release of such an amount of pure energy to rush can mean only one thing, a person who has gone beyond the limits has overcome the barrier and entered the level of a higher person. Although this may seem like good news, but the transition to the level of a higher person has consequences. During the transition, life expectancy in some cases may be reduced by several decades, and for an already elderly Spouse this is quite a large number.

 

Understanding the situation, Nor jumped out and without explaining anything to Albin, quickly went to the residence of Uruga. Arriving at the house, Nor saw three managers gathered with gloomy expressions on their faces and several high-ranking employees standing in thought.

 

A few minutes later, a wide-smiling Urug appeared out of nowhere in front of everyone gathered, behind him stood Vladim with an always serious expression. Looking around the crowd, Urug looked into the eyes of each manager, causing them to shudder and lower their heads.

 

A few days later, the news spread throughout the settlement that the settlement was coming under the full control of the manager of the northern Gate. This announcement pleased most of the inhabitants of the settlement, especially those who survived the plague decades ago.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Over time, the settlement grew rapidly and one day, a top of residents gathered on the newly built stone square, expecting something. Soon Urug appeared on a small wooden podium, followed by a 20-year-old boy with short white hair and glowing blue eyes. His facial features were soft with a small neat nose and smooth whitish skin.

 

Coming out on the podium, Urug loudly coughed silenced the entire crowd, after which he began his speech.

 

 - Today I asked all of you to gather here to tell one happy news. Having lived a lot, I am tired of managing the settlement and I want peace, so today, I am Urug, appointing my own grandson as the next manager of our settlement. Hoping that he will lead us to even greater prosperity.

 

After hearing his speech, the people gathered in the square began to cheerfully shout slogans of support. All residents have long known that Uruga's grandson is a genius and it was he who introduced most of the laws adopted to support ordinary people. When the screams became quieter, Albin stepped forward a little and said in an enthusiastic voice.

 

- As the next manager, I want to make my first statement. From today on, I assume the surname Werner. - after a short pause, he continued. – And from today I am Albin Werner proclaiming that under the management of my family, our settlement will move to the heights.

 

Don't forget to leave your great review!
This will greatly help promote the book and cheer me up so that I can continue writing, delighting you with new chapters.

 

1