Chapter 21. Awakening
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Franz looked into the uncomprehending blue eyes. Slowly lowering his head, Ernes saw a dagger stuck in his chest. Lifting his head back, he looked into Franz's eyes and asked in a confused voice.

 

- W-Why?

 

Hearing the question, Franz's hand holding the dagger trembled, and releasing him, he took a few steps back. Ernes, having lost support, like a doll whose threads were cut off, fell to the ground. The light in his eyes was getting dimmer. Franz, watching this picture, tears flowed from his eyes. Although the boy was not related to him, but the long time spent together compensated for this.

 

Having overcome his emotions, Franz once again remembered his family and clenching his jaw, turned away from the dying child towards the door.  He knew that he had to hurry, no one would be able to detain the eternal guard if there was any threat to the heir.

 

After taking a couple of steps, he felt a strange change behind him. He wanted to see what happened, but a sudden wave of energy entered his body. Franz felt as if he was immobilized in an unknown place. In front of him was a screen showing Ernes' room.

 

But this state did not last long and when he returned, he felt something incredibly sharp stabbed into his back, right into the lower part of the spine. The attack did not end there, and the attacker gripped the dagger tighter, turned it clockwise. Franz felt something sharp rubbing against his spine and tearing his organs, causing excruciating pain from which Franz could not even scream.

 

Through the pain, he heard the incredibly cold and emotionless voice of a child.

 

- How unusual.

 

From the pain experienced, Franz's eyes darkened, and his legs became wadded up, unable to stand it, he fell on his stomach with a dagger in his back. As Franz was falling, on the edge of his blurred vision, he noticed the silhouette of a child standing there, looking at his hand.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ernes clenched his palm into a fist several times and watched her. There was a frown on his cold face. There were barely noticeable cracks on the arm itself, which were slowly disappearing.

 

"For what reasons, the backup plan was completed only by half. Why did the course go astray, after escaping, I had to fly to an isolated dimension, and not to some planet. I also had to fill the wounds left by the will of this planet."

 

Concentrating his gaze on his hand, he once again clenched it into a fist. The blue lines have long disappeared, leaving nothing behind but pale skin.

 

"This body could barely stand..."

 

Ceasing to clench his palm into a fist, he examined the whole body.

 

"So that's what it feels like to have a physical body… It's a terrible feeling. These fragile internal organs and the inability to restore the integrity of the body without wasting energy. Well, there's nothing I can do, I'm stuck in this shell for a while."

 

Having stopped thinking about trivial problems, Ernes focused his gaze on his bleeding wound in his chest. After thinking for a second, he turned towards the window and approached the table. Thanks to the memory of the soul absorbed by him, he knew that there was a healing capsule in one of the drawers of the table.

 

 The therapeutic capsule worked according to a simple principle, it contains a storage facility for storing non-aggressive rash. A rashu user engaged in medicine fills it with his medical rashu. The higher the user's level of rush and the quality of the capsule material, the greater the effect it has. After filling, the capsule is ready for use. To do this, you just need to send part of your rush into the capsule, and then destroy its integrity. The therapeutic rush in the capsule, passing into the body, will cure him of his injuries.

 

But, although capsules may seem like a very big trump card in battle, they have their drawbacks. First, the healing factor is not comparable to a real doctor. The second and more significant disadvantage, in direct combat when using the capsule, the therapeutic rashu that are in the capsule getting into the body of the user, begins to conflict with his own rashu and for a more significant effect of treatment, you need to focus the flow of the treating rashu with your own rashu to the injury sites. This reduces the total amount of energy of the user, which puts him at a disadvantage. 

 

Ernes walking to the table, leaving a faint trail of blood on the floor. Approaching, he opened one of the drawers and took out the medium-level capsules lying there. Holding it between his fingers, he raised it to eye level. After carefully examining the capsule with his glowing blue eyes, he directed a small thread of spiritual energy into it. When the thread penetrated the capsule, Ernes squeezed it, breaking it.

 

The healing rashu moved along the thread of spiritual energy penetrating into the body. Ernes gathered his spiritual energy and directed Rush straight to his chest. Due to the quality of the spiritual energy, the rashu did not spread throughout the body and was not depleted, but gushed directly to the wound healing it.  With the naked eye, one could see how the wound in the chest was healing, leaving nothing behind but smooth pale skin. 

 

"Now it is clear why the will of this planet was able to hurt me so much, the energy of this planet is quite good, although I have lost most of my knowledge, but I can say with confidence that this energy called rush belongs to the middle class"

 

There are many energies in the universe, and the cognizing laws have classified them by levels. From Ernes' preserved memory, he knew that spiritual and vital energy are primary. From these two energies, with a different ratio, some other energies of different levels may appear. For example, the energy of this planet, from the data collected by Ernes, from the absorbed memory of the child's soul and his observation, he suggested that Rasu is a combination of spiritual and physical energy, with a bias to vital energy.

 

After making sure that the wound was completely healed, Ernes turned his gaze to the semi-conscious Franz.

 

"At that time, I stopped him only thanks to the remnant of pure spiritual energy left over from the soul of the previous owner of this body. It's a pity that at this stage I won't be able to read his soul this. But to find out about the threat, you need to interrogate him. If he doesn't want to talk, he'll have to take advantage of another flaw in his physical body."

 

Taking out several medicinal capsules, he slowly approached Franz. Coming up, Ernes squatted down, stretching out his right hand to the dagger in his back. Taking the dagger by the hilt, he slowly twisted it, thereby causing the sounds of the dagger rubbing against the spine, completely pulled it out of the body, leaving a hole of several centimeters.

 

From a new wave of pain, Franz's eyes rolled up, and foam started coming out of his mouth. Watching this picture, no emotion showed on Ernes' face. Turning Franz onto his back, he stretched out his left hand with the capsule inside. With the help of his spiritual energy, Ernes connected Franz and the capsule, after which he squeezed his hand destroying the integrity of the capsule.

 

Due to the fact that no one controlled the flow of the healing rush, it spread throughout the body dulling the pain and only slightly healed the wound on the back. But it was enough to bring Franz back to consciousness.

 

Having recovered a little, the panting Franz opened his eyes a little. In front of him he saw an amazing picture, Ernes was looking at him with an emotionless face. Just at the moment of confusion, he heard a cold and affirmative voice.

 

- You don't mind telling me something. Who ordered you to kill this child?

 

1