Chapter 26. Books
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A few hours later, a young maid looked into Ernest's room. Seeing that the boy was already awake and staring at one point, she hesitantly knocked and entered. The maid was wearing an ankle-length black dress with closed sleeves, and a white apron of the same length was worn over the dress. Her long blond hair was tied up in a white lace cap. Standing in front of the bed, she curtsied and nervously asked.

 

- Sir, what do you want to have dinner?

 

Ernes shifted his blank gaze to the maid and put on a thoughtful expression. After a few tens of seconds, he said with difficulty, in a hoarse voice.

 

- I would like something sweet, maybe a cake with vurga.

 

After listening, the maid smiled.

 

 - Okay, I'll pass this on to the cooks, may I go?

 

When Ernes was about to nod, he suddenly stopped as if remembering something. Chewing his lips, conviction flashed in his eyes and he said hoarsely.

 

- Can you please bring me some books about rashu subjects.

 

After listening to the request, the maid was inwardly surprised. It should be understood that as a maid who is specially trained to serve the prince, she once did not see him interested in this topic earlier. But she was also glad, because earlier most of these requests were carried out by the upstart Franz. Smiling even harder, she said.

 

 - It will be executed as soon as possible. May I?

 

- Yes, yes, thank you…

 

Curtsying, the maid quickly left the door. Before she could take a couple of steps, she saw a man in black armor in front of her. He took out a black key from his bag and handed it to her. Hesitantly, the maid reached out and took the key from the guard's hands. Nodding, the guardian, blurring disappeared. After the guard left, the maid, realizing, bowed into the air and left without saying anything.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Half an hour later, the same maid was pushing the cart. Approaching the door, the guard appeared in front of her again, blocked the entrance of the door. When the maid wanted to open her mouth to ask a question, the guard waved his hand interrupting her. Going to the cart, he took out a strange green stone. And picking up the cloche from the tray, he applied the stone to the eden and sent rush into it. A few minutes later, after checking the entire cart with a stone and nodding, he put everything back in place.

 

After looking at the maid, he took out of his bag an amulet made of gold, with a blue stone in the center. Approaching her and putting his hand on her shoulder, the guardian directed his rush into the amulet. The maid felt a strange cold force penetrating her body, from which she had no secrets. It didn't last long and the guardian withdrew his hand and retreated, disappearing. 

 

Sighing after the guard left, the maid went to the door and knocked softly, and when she heard permission to enter, she opened the door.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A maid entered through the open door, dragging a cart decorated with patterns and precious stones in front of her. On the cart itself, an expensive white cloth was laid and there were several silver trays, which were covered with a cloche on top.

 

Approaching the bed, the maid helped Ernes to take a sitting position, resting his back against the soft headboard of the bed. Taking a flat white board from the bottom of the cart, the maid laid it out, turning it into a bed table. Placing it in front of Ernesam, she put her hand to a certain place on the countertop, directing a small amount of rush. After her actions, the table flashed and stood up straight, now it did not change its position with any movement.

 

Having finished setting up the table, the maid laid out the cutlery made of pure silver. Carefully lifting the tray, she placed it in front of Ernes, whose face continued to remain sad, but the maid saw how saliva was already beginning to flow from his mouth. Smiling, she lifted the cloche, revealing a view of the dish. Looking at Ernes, she said in a cheerful voice.

 

- Bon appetit!

 

Steam and a vanilla-shekoladny smell emanated from the dish, a diamond-shaped, appetizing-looking piece of pie could be seen on a large white plate. From the cut, you could see most of the filling of the fruit vurgo.

 

Initially, the wurgo looked like an ordinary, round-shaped fruit the size of an adult's head. But when cut, a person could surprisingly find a texture resembling flesh. Although the fruit was similar in texture to the flesh, the taste was completely different, it had a unique combination of two flavors, vanilla and chocolate. But the features of this fruit did not end there, it was well known that the fruit was very nutritious and one piece was enough for two adults to eat. Because of these features, the fruit of vurgo has become very popular both in high society and among peasants.

 

Smelling the appetizing smell, Ernes's face cheered up a little and grabbed a fork in his left hand and a knife in his right. Carefully picking up a piece of pie with a fork, and put a knife to it. With the slightest pressure, the knife easily cut off the soft texture of the pie. Ernes picked up a piece on his fork and put it in his mouth. Immediately, he felt a soft texture and a sweet vanilla-shekolade combination.

 

Having quickly sat down the first piece, Ernes quickly entered the second. The maid from the side was smiling happily, watching the little and cute prince in front of her. Less than ten minutes later, the plate was empty.

 

Sighing, Ernes relaxed and leaned on the headboard of the bed. Taking a crystal decanter with water and a glass from the bottom shelf of the cart, the maid put them on the bedside table. Realizing that Ernes had finished eating, she came over and carefully put everything back into the cart. Having folded everything, she thought for a moment and leaned over to the cart, took out two black books with white edging from another lower shelf. Putting them on the bedside table next to the decanter, she said.

 

- Sir, I was only able to get these two books related to the topic of Rashu subjects.

 

After seeing the books, Ernes's eyes flashed with desire for a moment, but it was quickly replaced by a relaxed and tired one. After looking at it, he said a little wearily.

 

- Thank you, after a little rest I will read them. - After pausing, he thought and said. –Can you please tell Aunt Annie that I'd like to talk to her."

 

- Will it be executed, anything else?

 

- No thanks, you can go.

 

Bowing, the maid pushing the cart left the room, this time the guard did not appear, and she calmly left.

 

About an hour has passed since the maid left. Outside, Ernes pretended to be dreaming, but in the spiritual space he was a little dissatisfied. In order to portray a tired and exhausted child, he had to spend time on such a useless thing for him as a long sleep. Although his body needed rest, but a few ches were enough for this, as for mental fatigue in his long existence, Ernes had encountered this only a few times.

 

After waiting a little longer, he decided that enough time had passed. Slowly opening his sleepy eyes, Ernes rubbed them with his hands. Turning to the bedside table, he picked up a glass of water and drank it. After putting the cloth back, he turned his gaze full of interest to the two books lying flat. 

 

"It's time to replenish my knowledge, and perhaps to get new ones."

 

1