Chapter 40. The right thoughts
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Directing Rush at her nephew, Annie concentrated as much as possible. Slowly and carefully penetrating into the spiritual space of Ernes, she spread the grains of rashu through the void and discovered an incredible picture for her.

 

The illusory spiritual figure of her nephew appeared to her gaze. Earlier, she had already seen her several times when she secretly examined the state of his soul. It was then that she had already noted that his soul surpassed his peers and even probably teenagers.

 

But what really shocked her in the picture before her was that the soul somehow slowly became more distinct, taking the form of Ernes. Although she did not understand the factors behind these changes, Annie felt inwardly that if the soul acquired an accurate and more distinct form, it would bring her dear nephew unprecedented advantages.

 

Unfortunately, the more she observed the changes in front of her, the more clearly she saw how the spiritual energy was quickly depleted, and the figure, without having time to form, returned back to the illusory state.

 

Annie clenched her fists and jaw in frustration realized that she could not help Ernes in this process. If she tries to lead her rush for help, she will only hurt. There was a need for a pure spiritual component, which did not have any external impurities.

 

Over time, Ernes' soul returned to its original state, and the saddened Annie left his spiritual space. As soon as this happened, a giant illusory figure appeared behind the small figure, having the outlines of a humanoid.

 

"Well, that should give her the thoughts I need."

 

Outside, Annie opened her eyes and looked at the wounded body. The bluish cracks disappeared, leaving no trace behind. Strangely sighing with sadness compatible with joy, she examined the body for the effectiveness of the bath with therapeutic rash prepared by her before the start of the workout.

 

Looking closer, she found that most of the smaller wounds and swelling on the skin had already healed, and more severe injuries were slowly regenerating. The most damaged hands have already more or less restored their original appearance, but most of them were missing skin and parts of muscle tissue. Parts of the bones that had fallen into place were visible, but an abundance of cracks could be seen on their surface.

 

Annie also noticed that a significant part of the healing effect from the water was taken over by the previously appeared blue cracks. She suggested that with the process she had seen before, the soul creates a load on the body and it was for its maintenance that this significant part of the therapeutic rush was used.

 

Biting her lip, Annie took a step back from the tub and left the room, leaving Ernes lying alone in the water. But this loneliness did not last long, and after opening the door a minute later, Annie reappeared holding a strange black cube with silvered edges and an incomprehensible glowing green indicator on one side. The cube was slightly larger than a palm, and looked weighty.

 

Approaching, she pressed one of the four slightly protruding round buttons built into the outer part of the wall of the tub. After pressing, a square hole slightly larger than a cube opened in the wall under the button. A loading slot came out of it, in which there was exactly the same cube as in Annie's hands.

 

With her free hand, Annie carefully removed the cube from the nest and placed the one she had just brought in instead. Glancing at the extracted cube, she saw that the same glowing green indicator was white with no signs of glow.

 

These cubes were called a "high-combat medical capsule" or "HCMC". They were very expensive to produce, but this high cost was due not to the creation of the storage cube itself, but to what is stored in it. The medical rasu located in this cube was created by one of the 5 doctors of Verna.

 

Doctors or healers were incredibly rare on the whole continent less than masters. They are incapable of a direct collision, because of their neutral rush, which does not allow them to use it in an aggressive way. Every stronger kingdom or empire is trying with all its might to educate at least one sufficiently high-level doctor.

 

As for these masters of medical rashu, as it is customary to call them in the world of users of rashu, as well as the masters are divided into levels. The doctor is one of the highest stages of the skill of healing. Only a person who has fully dedicated himself to this matter could reach this stage.

 

In Verni itself, their number was 5, which ranked second among all countries on the continent. The only ones who surpassed them were the homeland of the masters of the healing rush, the Krozar Empire, in which there were 9 of them.

 

The HCMC themselves were the development of one of the already deceased great masters of Verne, together with his wife, who reached the rank of doctor. These were the times when Vern opposed the fledgling Runum Empire with all his might. The purpose of the cube was quite simple, it had to store an incredibly concentrated medicinal rush and, before being used on the battlefield, mixed with water. After a powerful enough user of Rush, he had to spray it on the position of the battle-weary and wounded ordinary soldiers of Verna, thereby restoring their combat capability.

 

Although the cost of creating this cube was unprofitable, but because of the empire, which surpassed the Vern in the number of ordinary soldiers, it was decided to use the HCMC. This allowed the troops not to pay attention to muscle fatigue and significant injuries to continue the battle after battle.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The extended cell with a new cube inserted into it slid back. Soon, one could see the water in the tub slowly becoming more greener and glowing.

 

Annie watched with sadness as the wounds on Ernes' body regenerated. Despite the outward calm, she was tormented by pain inside, she took care of her nephew as if he were her own son. In those days, even before Ernes was born, the knowledge of her husband's death hit Annie's state of mind hard and did not contribute to the upbringing of her own son, even now she honors the guilt before Zarion for those times. Most people at that point in time turned away from her and the only person who always supported her was her brother Reis.

 

Since childhood, he paid a lot of attention to her, initially someone did not want to teach Annie combat specialties, they wanted to make a new Vern healer out of her. But Reis, seeing his sister's aspirations for the path of the combat user Rush, decided to train her personally, not allowing even the keeper himself, who trained Reis at that time, to do this. Although he was only a year older than Annie, thanks to his talents, he was able to advance quite quickly on the path of user Rush. But even in a busy schedule, he always allocated time to help his sister.

 

As far as Annie could remember, Reis was one of the few Werners who had dedicated themselves to one path of the combat user rush. Knowing about the curse imposed on his family, Reis set himself the goal of his whole life. This goal, or it can be called a dream, was to go beyond the curse and reach at least a higher stage of development.

 

But, like many previous rulers of Vern, in the end he was waiting for only one disappointment and imminent death. Although death was brilliant, Reis did not give up and realizing the proximity of his demise, he tried with all his might to strengthen the position for his heir.

 

It was at that time that the news came about the death of his dear sister's husband. Annie knew her brother didn't have a good opinion of her spouse, but even so he supported her.

 

Although by that time he could not help her much, since his health and strength were leaving his body at a fast pace. When Ernes was born, her brother could hardly walk at all. His body was aging at an incredible rate, and his once bright blue eyes were getting dimmer by the day. Being on his deathbed, his only request to Annie was to take care of his son.

 

0