Chapter 44. The first subject
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After examining the various shapes, Ernes chose a standard double-edged sword blade. Substituting the mold under the oven, he stretched out his hand to the control panel and directed rashu. Soon, molten iron began pouring out of the hole into the mold, and after waiting for the mold to be completely filled in, Ernes removed his hand from the panel.

 

After waiting for the metal to harden a little, Ernes took the form and put it on the table, opened it. Inside there was a standard blade with no visible defects, it was orange because of the remaining temperature. Reaching out, he took the long tongs stuck to the stove and used them to remove the blade from the mold.

 

After walking a little towards a small tank filled with a yellowish-gray liquid, he dipped the blade into it. When molten metal and liquid came into contact, a jet of flame in meters escaped from the tank. After holding the blade in the tank for a few seconds, Ernes took it out.

 

The blade turned black and had a burning smell, but at the same time lost its temperature and became strangely cold. In this tank was a mixture of melted fat and the blood of rashu creatures mixed with rashu masters. Unlike ordinary people who use oil, masters need to use only rashucontaining ingredients to create a rashuitem. If an ingredient does not contain a rashu, the master must, throughout the entire creation cycle, imbue it with the rashu of the masters and use various auxiliary components that have a rashu or originate from the rashu beings.

 

When the blade was fully hardened, Ernes went to the grinding wheel for sharpening. Directing the rush into the panel, he activated the circle and taking the blade in his hand began to direct an abundant amount of rashuinto the blade.

 

Slowly and carefully, trying to sharpen the blade as carefully as possible, Ernes covered it with more and more rashu. Suddenly, a calm, but teacher's voice reached his ears.

 

- Too much, reduce the amount of energy. Although it is a rashuof masters, it still has a detrimental effect on ordinary metal.

 

Nodding in understanding, Ernes slowly began to reduce the amount of energy. Soon 30 minutes passed and after deactivating the grinding wheel, Ernes began to observe the blade. It was no different from a standard sword blade created by some blacksmith, except for the incredible smoothness and brilliance of the metal.

 

Having assessed that the blade was sufficiently sharpened, Ernes approached the ingredients processing table and, using fasteners on flexible, long legs, secured the blade in a suspended state.

 

Taking a long cutter in one hand and a bone handle in the other, Ernes began to make a non-continuous hole in it in order to be able to insert the blade into it. Having adjusted the hole and several times adjusted the handle to the shank, he put the cutter aside.

 

Shifting his gaze to the many drawers, he was confused until he heard Annie's voice again.

 

- The drawers on the right. It looks like a square box the size of a palm. There should be an inlaid red stone on the lid.

 

After listening to the instructions, Ernes opened drawer and stood on tiptoe to inspect the contents. There were many neatly arranged boxes with unknown contents, after examining the lids, he quickly found the indicated box with a red stone and took it out and closed the drawer.

 

Placing the box in front of him, Ernes opened it to find a lot of blood-red cubes the size of a fingernail inside. They had a slightly crumbly structure and they exuded a rich smell of blood.

 

Carefully taking one of the cubes with two fingers, Ernes crumbled it into the newly made hole in the the hilt. When he was about to close the box, he heard the voice again.

 

- One is not enough, better add another cube.

 

After listening to his aunt, he took out another one and crumbled it in the same place. Closing the box and putting it aside, Ernes put the handle with the guard to the shank and put them on as much as he could. When the shank entered the handle as much as possible, Ernes put one hand to the cold iron of the blade, and holding the handle with the other, he began to direct a copious amount of rashu.

 

The smell of blood spread throughout the workshop. The blade held by Ernes began to emit a small light, and a small reddish steam emanated from the barely noticeable gap between it and the handle.

 

This process lasted for several tens of minutes until the reddish steam completely stopped coming out. Seeing this, Ernes took his hands away and walked away from the table a few steps and bumped into something with his back.

 

Turning around in confusion, he saw Annie standing next to him, a faint smile was visible on her face, and rays of pride were splashing in her eyes. Approaching the table, she reached out her hand and took the sword and running her finger along the blade, trying to say as calmly as possible.

 

- Not bad, there are a few disadvantages, but they are insignificant. If this sword had been created by some savage master, it would have caused many deaths. Let's go check out this sword, and then you'll need to rest.

 

Turning away, Annie walked rather quickly to the door. Surprised, Ernes quickly followed her. Coming to the general workshop, he continued to look around trying to see everything around.

 

This time they went through the workshop much faster, and when they got out of the gate, Annie stopped. And, looking at her nephew, she thought about something. After standing there for a minute, she nodded decisively and put the ring to her lips. Saying something into it, Annie quickly picked up Ernest and disappeared from the place.

 

This time, the blurring around was much longer, one could even make out the rapidly changing surroundings. He saw the blue sky overhead, and in the first few seconds, he could see a lot of blurred houses, which quickly gave way to a green veil.

 

Ten minutes later, the surroundings froze in place and Annie lowered Ernes to the ground. Sitting down in a squat, he began to slowly come to himself. Although he was not shaking, but because of the rather rapidly changing picture, he was a little seasick.

 

When he came to his senses and slowly looked around, Ernes saw that they were somewhere in a small clearing in the middle of the forest. Annie, who was standing next to her, took a deep breath and looked at her nephew's confusion, answered.

 

- This is the forest that lies on the border between Verne and the United Empire. Don't worry, after we check out the first sword you created, we'll leave right away. And now look.

 

Stepping forward a little, Annie weighed the sword in her hands and swung. Immediately Ernes saw how the blade of the sword began to be covered with blue light. The temperature around dropped sharply. Sighing, Annie, unnoticed by Ernes, struck a blow.

 

Everything that happened next could not be described in simple words. A huge explosion of air spread around the area and the forest of dense trees in front of Ernes disappeared along with several meters of land. After a moment, a colossal cloud of dust rose, blocking the view around and swallowing Ernes, who was standing in surprise.

 

But the cloud didn't affect him, as Annie, who had already completed the strike, approached him and created a sphere of rush around them. The dust cloud did not last long and a rather strong gust quickly blew it away, revealing an incredible picture.

 

The previously existing of the forest in front of Ernes disappeared into  to the horizon, leaving behind a few meter hole with a ruffled surface of the earth. There were pieces of torn wood in the ground itself and nothing more.

 

Annie, looking at a certain spot of the surviving, but slightly disheveled forest behind her, sighed. Picking up Ernes, she said calmly.

 

- We have to go. I'm sorry I got a little carried away, it seems the sword broke... don't worry, I'll fix it.

 

Then they disappeared. A few seconds later, a rather large man in black armor with two axes appeared in their place. After examining the missing section of the forest and looking in the direction where Annie went. A tired sigh and muttering came from under the helmet.

 

- Eh ... you are already over 500 years old, but sometimes you behave like children. Am I really going to have to calm Zig down at the next meeting?

 

Once again, a tired sigh escaped from under the helmet, after which the man in armor disappeared.

1