Chapter 55. Energy absorption
100 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The dark space, the boundaries of which could not be seen, was immersed in deadly silence. The only thing standing out from the surrounding dead void was an illusory and gaseous giant, in front of which a small blue sphere hovered in comparison with it.

 

Looking in front of him, the illusory giant carefully observed the processes taking place in the ball in front of him. Previously, a rather hazy, but uniformly blue sphere, under the influence of the fragmentary law disk, began to change.

 

The green light emanating from the disk became brighter and brighter, absorbing the glow of spiritual energy. Soon, almost the entire center of the sphere turned pure green, hiding the disk and displacing the blue energy to the edges.

 

These changes led to the spiritual energy being forcefully pressed against the strangely strong edges of the sphere, becoming denser and more saturated. Looking more closely, it was possible to notice how in some parts of the compressed blue energy, one after another, darker areas of energy began to appear.

 

These areas of blue, as if they had a natural mind and, under pressure from the green glow, began to resist it. This resistance instilled in the fact that the compressed spiritual energy began to go against the green light. 

 

This resistance turned into a full-scale war between two energies located in the enclosed space of the sphere. Gradually, the battlefield became uneven, one could see how, on the one hand, the green light was able to push through the spiritual energy and reach the edge of the sphere, on the other, the blue energy turned out to be stronger and slightly passed into the middle of the sphere.

 

Manipulating the spiritual energy, the dark fragments, under instinctive fear, moved as far away from the green light as possible and gradually connected with each other. But even if one watched the collision of the two energies from the side, one could understand that their battlefield was evenly distributed between them.

 

Although the green light was inferior in strength to the concentrated spiritual energy, but due to the fact that when moving forward, the spiritual energy began to lose its newfound density, the green light could hold its positions.

 

Watching the struggle of the two energies, Ernes was internally satisfied. After a few minutes, the darker blue energy merged into a small unbalanced cloud of energy.

 

Seeing this, Ernes stopped his observations and reached for the sphere with his hand. It didn't take a second for the two-colored sphere to appear in the palm of the giant humanoid. After lingering for a moment, Ernes concentrated and directed the streams of his spiritual energy into the sphere.

 

Like a lightning strike, streams of blue energy burst into the ball and wrapped a cocoon around a clot of dark energy gathered in one place. Soon, a small circle surrounded by blue energy was formed in a large two-colored sphere, with darkish energy trying to get out. 

 

After making sure that the blue cocoon was strong enough to hold the dark energy, the humanoid carefully removed it from the two-colored sphere and transferred it to the other hand. While all these actions were taking place, one of Ernes' streams of consciousness with inner coldness suppressed various fragments of thoughts, memories, dreams and hopes of various people transmitted by spiritual energy.

 

At the same time, when Ernes removed a dark clot from the two-colored sphere, changes took place in it. The previously controlled spiritual energy became calm and only passively resisted the green light, which gradually began to lose its power. After watching the decline in the intensity of the green light and the sphere with the struggling dark energy held in the other hand for a few seconds, Ernes thought to himself.     

 

Stream 1. "Eight minutes is pretty good for such a small fragment of the law. Although it was obvious, after all, when creating this fragmentary law disc, I did not put an aggressive meaning into it. If my goal was meant to be an attack, then the consumption when using this fragment would be higher. Hmm, now we can emphasize a few more disadvantages of the disk. The first is that it is possible to put only a general meaning, and not to give a clear purpose of actions. The second is that the energy consumption in the fragment of the law depends on the first..."

 

Stream 2. "This clot of polluted spiritual energy can be useful. It's a pity that my knowledge is incomplete, otherwise perhaps I could have processed these fragments of personalities into something more useful. So far with my current capabilities, the only thing I can do with them is a dirty spiritual bomb."

 

Stream 3. (Soul Emulation) – My family, I have to return to them... – I need more gold... - I'll pay for everything, we're going for a walk... - Mom, mom, without leaving me... - She screamed so loudly while we her... - Honey, you have to become strong by the time I get back... - As soon as this is all over, he will cease to be needed, and I I'll kill him... - Don't go away, I love you... - Creature, how dare you laugh at me…

 

"It's informative, even though these are fragments, there are quite a lot of indicators of a human being in them."

 

After spending a moment thinking, Ernes waved his hand, throwing the blue cocoon with the dark energy contained in it aside, ceasing to pay attention to it. Focusing on the slightly shrunk blue sphere, he realized that the fragment of the law had finally dissipated, leaving nothing behind.

 

After looking closely and applying a giant finger to the sphere, Ernes made sure that the spiritual energy was completely purified. A barely noticeable satisfaction passed through him and grabbing the blue ball in his hand, he began to squeeze, absorb it.

 

Slowly, the giant's illusory body began to saturate, acquiring clearer outlines. Earlier, the bluish fog that made up Ernes' body became more saturated. The size of the humanoid has also increased significantly, exceeding the previous half.

 

But it did not last long, and gradually the clamped sphere of the beginning ends. When the pure spiritual energy in the blue ball was almost completely over, Ernes stopped and unclenched his fist, directed his spiritual energy into a barely noticeable sphere compared to him.

 

Once again, trickles of blue energy escaped from the giant's hand and penetrated into the sphere, began to mix with pure spiritual energy. Soon the blue energy, having lost a little color, began to increase in size, until Ernes stopped the supply of spiritual energy.   

 

Ceasing to hold the ball of energy in his hand, the giant pulled it away from him and turned his attention to what was happening outside. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

- Why did this part of the forest survive? Didn't that madness destroy almost everything around?

 

- Ugh, why are you asking me, How should I know. Better help me, my leg still hurts.

 

Looking contemptuously at the limping comrade, the first speaker clicked his tongue, but reaching out, grabbed him by the elbow.

 

- Don't be so arrogant, I actually saved your life… But all the same, I think I agree with you, this section of the forest is definitely abnormal. 

 

- What are we going to do? Maybe there is something there?

 

- Hmm, maybe... okay, let's go, otherwise, others may get ahead of us.

 

Having completed the dialogue, the two, with complications, climbing over fallen tree trunks on their way and bypassing the holes formed from uprooted trees, hobbled towards the intact section of the forest in front of them.

 

When two people just stepped onto the whole, but covered with barely noticeable frost grass of the untouched forest, they were immediately pierced by strange sensations of complete silence and tingling all over their bodies. But soon these feelings of strangeness quickly turned into fear, when the men heard the beating of their hearts and a lot of sounds of flowing liquid.

 

Unfortunately, this was the last feeling in their rather dubious life. From previously tingling places all over the body, blood began to flow and the two who had already died in a standing position began to fall to the ground.

1