Volume 2, Chapter 5
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Escalating Problems!

 

“Come on then, do whatever you want with me!” The ‘golden’ male stated, laughing once again.

Sharlae could sense Nathanial not to far away and decided that since she had no other option, she’ll attack this man to get him away.

With speed as such of a golden winged serpent, Sharlae race towards the ‘golden’ man, condensing air as she went.

The ‘golden’ man turned into a frog, watching her seriously.

He knew that this woman was the immortal golden serpent, so he must take proper precautions against her. He would most likely die if he went offensively, so he could only be defensive and try to run, run in the direction of the Golden Tribe!

First…He had to make sure that she would follow him though…Because, for some reason, she was very unwilling to follow him! Was it because she felt like she would receive nothing from the Golden Tribe, considering she was already at Immortal Realm?

Whatever the reason, the ‘golden’ man had to find out!

 

Sharlae raced towards the frog and flapped her wings with so much strength that the trees in front of them were all cut down, showing the beach behind them.

It hadn’t been enough though, as the frog had just jumped over her wind, ready to land even closer to her.

Ready to dive at the frog with her mouth wide opened, yet ready to use her tail as the main offensive, Sharlae saw the frog jump over her, taking her by surprise!

Nathanial…

He was starting at them, with a foot behind him like he’s ready to back away…

He’d only come because he saw to his left a lot of trees suddenly break down and practically fly off for a bit before loudly falling over…So, was this her power then? Was she going crazy because of her newfound freedom?

 

In just mere moments, the frog jumped towards Nathanial and turned human, taking Nathanial into his hold easily, “Ah, I remember you!”

“Don’t touch him!” Sharlae yelled, extremely angry.

“I was wondering why you suddenly wanted to come up and talk to me, then attack me so savagely! Must be because I was getting closer to your lover! Am I right!?”

“Get your hands off of him!” Sharlae stated, taking a step closer to Nathanial.

“Uh, I suggest you stop!” The ‘golden’ man had made one of his hands turn to his frog and went only center meters away from Nathanial’s skin.

“Stop!” Sharlae stated, unable to stop the sound of desperation from her voice being heard.

But…Why…

If Nathanial died, then she’d be free…Why was she so desperate!?

 

“Ah, can I help you?” Nathanial asked, worried as all hell.

With the serpent beast so scared like this, it reached to the depths of his core and found what was going on to be somewhat scary.

“Oh, I’m sure you can! Now follow me!” The ‘golden’ man stated, taking Nathanial with him and seeing the serpent beast defeatedly following.

“Stay there! I’ll go with him.” Nathanial stated.

Sharlae stopped and widened her eyes in complete shock…

Oh no!

“No, she comes with us!” The ‘golden’ man said.

“No! She obviously didn’t want to go with you, so I’ll go with you!” Nathanial stated.

If what the serpent beast told him before was true, and he’d be used as a hostage or killed, then things would be scary but…How could he let her go when he had never seen her like this before?

 

“Come here or I’ll touch him! I swear it!” The ‘golden’ man stated angrily.

Sharlae didn’t know what to do, she was ordered to stay where she was but if she were to tell Nathanial to stop his order, the ‘golden’ man would obviously know that she was being enslaved!

What to do!?

“Fine!” Came the ‘golden’ man’s voice, before she could figure out what she should do!

Sharlae put up a hand, still unable to move her legs, and saw with wide eyes as the frog hand touch Nathanial on his arm, even letting him go afterwards.

 

Sharlae could only stand there as she watched Nathanial look at his arm, seeing the obvious slight red mark turn even more red.

Looking at the ‘golden man’, Sharlae didn’t see him leave, but…She wanted to tend to Nathanial so desperately that she was really considering upon telling Nathanial to release his last order of her.

What if he suddenly faints and she can’t do anything!?

“Nathanial…” She started to speak, but Nathanial looked at her with confusion.

His voice was small as he said, “What’s going on?”

Sharlae clenched her hands and her jaw, “Tell me to come to you!”

 

The ‘golden’ man frowned, watching very seriously upon what was going on as he saw the other man say what the ‘golden’ winged serpent had told him to say.

With widened eyes, the ‘golden’ man watched as Sharlae raced to the man and then rushed to attend to the poison that seemed to slowly spread across the man’s arm.

“I think…”

Seeing the man stop talking, then suddenly fall down to his knees, the ‘golden’ man watched more intensely, wondering if he should perhaps get his antidote ready or not.

Some people ended up getting extremely mad if their loved ones died in front of them, wanting revenge, so…

 

“I’ll give him the antidote as soon as we get to the Golden Tribe, so I suggest you hurry and bring him along!” The ‘golden’ man stated.

Sharlae quickly picked up Nathanial, who had now no control over his body.

“Take me there! Now!” Sharlae yelled, coming up to be beside the ‘golden’ man.

“Very well!”

As they went on their way, Nathanial groaned, and as time went on, he even started to breath harder and started to yell out to the poison inside his body.

“Hurry!” Sharlae stated in even more desperation then before.

 

As a frog leaped ahead, Sharlae also sprang into action with her wings and followed, and in no time at all, ended up to a secluded little island that held a cave entrance that seemed to show the rest of the cave disappearing into water.

Racing after the jumping frog, not worrying about anything else but Nathanial, Sharlae didn’t even react to seeing and feeling other golden types around her as she went.

She was being surrounded but…

It didn’t matter!

When they came across a place that had a decent amount of sandy surface, the ‘golden’ man stopped and returned to his human form.

Sharlae put down Nathanial and looked up at him, “The antidote!”

“Put him into the cell and I’ll do it…While you speak to the leader!”

 

Sharlae took in a deep, angry breath and once again picked up Nathanial, seeing the cell to the side, half in the water.

Feeling like she had no choice, she went there, seeing Nathanial becoming more and more painful and even delirious as the time went on and watched as the ‘golden’ man went into the cage, closed it after she got out, and then locked it after him.

“Through the next entrance is the leader.”

Sharlae was going to watch the ‘golden’ man give Nathanial the antidote but saw that nothing was happening as he stared at her with what she thought was the greatest courage she had seen in a long time.

“If you don’t go, I won’t give him the antidote!”

Clenching her hands, Sharlae finally turned and continued through the cave, hoping that the ‘golden’ man kept to his words!

 

Stepping through the next entrance, Sharlae did not show any type of interest in who was before her.

“Speak!” She stated, wanting to get the matter over and done with!

“You’ve come!” Said a voice.

Sharlae was not in the mood to play hide and seek, nor waste time on pleasantries! “What do you want!?”

A person’s hand came out of a dark spot and picked up a cup, and it disappeared again. “Are you in a hurry?”

Sharlae tried to calm herself down, as she might be in Immortal Realm but now they had Nathanial as a hostage, she couldn’t just do whatever she wanted to…

 

With Sharlae not speaking, the person finally came out and stood before her, looking at her with interested eyes.

“It’s my pleasure to meet you.”

Narrowing her eyes at the man in front of her, Sharlae watched as he took a sip from the cup and he walked to set upon the chair that looked like a leader’s chair.

“Tell me about yourself, golden friend.”

With the easy way the man spoke, Sharlae breathed out, sure that this person did not yet know who she was or that she was enslaved by the person that they now held hostage. “There isn’t any need, I have no want to join your tribe. Please let me and that of my…Friend go!”

 

The leader looked at her in a pout, “Has my subordinate been that disrespectful to you?”

Sharlae frowned, she could see through his words. Obviously, they wanted her to stay, but…She had no intention of staying!

“Yes, he was very disrespectful!”

The leader laughed, seeing her so openly admit it, “I see. I will punish him for you then. Come, come and eat, you must be hungry!”

A table was to the side, yet Sharlae did not feel hungry, “I wish to leave.”

Silence entered that area of the cave and she saw the leader frown, “We do not often come across others that are of the golden line, dear. Please, I’d ever like so much for you to change your mind!”

“Master, she is the Golden Winged Serpent…”

Turning, she saw the ‘golden’ man walking in lazily, looking at her again with interested eyes.

“Did you give him the antidote!?” Sharlae asked.

“Yes, so he won’t die.” The man said.

 

“Demetri, did you say…Golden winged serpent?” The leader finally said.

“Yes, master.”

“My lord…She has finally returned!” The leader said, dropping the cup in his hands.

Sharlae frowned, “I have not returned! I will take the man that you poisoned and leave, never to return!”

“…But, my dear…” The leader started.

Interrupting the leader with a glare, Sharlae said, “I don’t care of your tribe! I will bring it to ashes if something is to happen to that man, now I will take my leave!”

The leader swallowed and watched the woman leave…

“Master, you’re just going to let her go?” Demetri asked, quite astonished.

The leader looked at him, “What, you think I have enough power to make her stay!?”

 

Demetri remembered once again of the golden winged serpents’ power and sighed. With her acting this way, he was sure that she had been holding back so…He felt like he had done the right thing by supplying the antidote!

“I can’t believe it.” The leader muttered. “Tell me how you met her…Tell me everything!”

As much as the leader felt like he had no power over the immortal, he still wanted to know all about her!

He would even give up the leadership of the tribe to her! He would become her loyal servant and he…Would help her in any way possible for her to do what the Golden Tribe had always wanted to do!

Of course, though, being the Golden Rat that he is, he had his own hidden agenda as well…

 

 

Sharlae raced out, after getting Nathanial, and flew quite a distance away, even though they had to somewhat return to the area to finish Nathanial’s messenger job.

Bringing Nathanial to a lush bush area, in between the beach and another type of bush land, Sharlae looked over Nathanial and saw that he had a high fever.

Cursing, she quickly flew around, to find some type of pool for him, taking him even further away from where they were supposed to be heading.

 

With Nathanial mumbling words that didn’t make sense to her, Sharlae took his clothes off and placed him into the small water hole.

Taking off her clothes as well, she went in and used one piece of cloth to wipe him down.

His body was so hot, so the cooler water did give him some type of awareness, but it hadn’t lasted long.

“Beast.”

…They all called her beast, or serpent beast…

“My name is Sharlae.”

 

She stopped to this sudden sentence from herself…

Why had she told him her name? Her name had been sacred once, as she had been a close subordinate of the Dragon King and also the only Immortal female, now…It was just an ordinary name.

Did she want to hear some type of reverence from him as he said her name?

Did she want him to say it, thinking her as someone powerful now?

She wasn’t sure what she wanted from having told this one master her name…

From all the masters that she had been with, only the first and second ones had known her name but had rarely used it.

Now…Now she had told someone and even felt glad, glad that someone knew it, glad that perhaps someone may call her that, even if it’s just once…

“Sharlae…”

A strange sensation passed through her at hearing him say her name. It had been so long and with him, the one that had ignored her the most of her master’s, it was him that had called her name…

 

“Sharlae”

…This man…Was repeating it now.

Over and over again, Nathanial repeated her name and made her feel more and more enthralled by it. Was it because it had been so long? Why…Why was hearing him say her name making her feel so delighted?

“…Can you hear me? Nathanial?” Sharlae had just wet the cloth again and wiped his forehead.

“Sharlae.”

“Nathanial?” She asked, wiping his neck now.

Nothing else seemed to happen as she tried to wake him up or get some other type of reaction from him.

She pinched him, even made his head go under the water, but he had only gone silent for a short time before he started to call her name once again. He didn’t even drink water properly at the moment!

He was quite slack, giving her the realization that he was lethargic, hardly moving much of his body but…His mouth kept moving…

 

“Ok, I’m here, Sharlae’s here.” She said in irritation.

She wasn’t particularly mad at him, it was just hard hearing her name over and over again from a man that was in such a state…As she liked hearing her name but wished instead that he was saying it to her when sober. Of course, she buried those thoughts deep down inside her…As she wasn’t used to carrying around such thoughts!

Having a man hold so much power over her, just because of her name, scared her. Yet, she couldn’t deny it at the same time.

How do I act to such a situation?

Sharlae was really at a lose to this type of development!

 

Sitting next to him, as she went to wet the cloth again, she was suddenly pulled on top of him and after he spoke her name once again, his lips were on hers.

Absolutely dumbfounded to this sudden action, Sharlae didn’t even respond to being completely in his hold.

…Did the poison have some type of aphrodisiac?

With the sudden feel of this man’s hands going up her bare side, Sharlae heard herself moan…

His lips and hands were doing crazy things to her, making it hard for her to push away!

This man…Why did he have to act like this when he wasn’t himself!?

She knew, without a doubt, that he would probably not continue this if he were sober but as she tried to get away from him, he just held her to him tighter, making her lose a lot of her own resolve…

 

In that moment, Sharlae kissed him back, forgetting completely about the cloth that was now floating away.

She had desired this man for a while now and finally, he now desired her.

Knowing of his fever, she still felt like it was a nice change to be had, one that she wanted to take advantage of!

She told herself that she deserved this, after all the work she had put in, that she had every right to take advantage of him in this situation because…It would probably never happen again!

What she didn’t question though, was that this master was the only one that had made her want to be this intimate, that she wanted to do this act on her own accord!

With his hands over her skin like that…So gentle, she just couldn’t say no to this chance!

She knew he wasn’t in his right mind but if it was the only chance that she had to be held by someone and feel so desired and sweet…

She felt wanted…It had been so long since she had felt wanted!

Not wanted as a tool, not wanted as a pawn or forced help…Wanted through other means…

 

He kept wanting to kiss her and touch her, like all the boundaries between them had been broken down and it made Sharlae feel like a whole new experience was to be had.

Every master that had demanded her body had been rough and used her but Nathanial…

“Nathanial…”

That’s right, he was caring, she knew that.

He was going to openly become the hostage for that golden man, putting himself in danger just for her sake…

 

Kissing his neck and hearing his groan, Sharlae knew that this man was also stubborn in wanting her. She knew it in his body’s reaction, just like now, that he wanted her and that had always made her feel good.

He had never taken advantage of her body…As even now, while he kisses her shoulder, it was like he was waiting to see what she would let him do, trying not to cross some line…

Even in the state he was right now, feverish and probably not even fully aware, he was not forcing himself on her…No, he didn’t act like a ‘master’ with her, he rarely has…He treats her as someone nearly equal to him, only upset with her for valid reasons and not because he could be cruel to her and get away with it, and…She liked that…She liked that he had accepted her as not someone he had enslaved but someone…

Well, she didn’t know, he may had ignored her a lot, but she felt like it was more because of what she had done when he had set her free, not because he was acting like a master…

0