Chapter 3- Questions
65 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You are to go and investigate,” Alfred explained. The tall, thin man stood. He walked with his hands cupped behind his back. “Stay as long as you need. You have all of the temples’ resources behind you.”

Clarence looked at the young woman in the seat beside him. She was dressed in grey floor length robes and a gold and white chasuble. “Both of us?” he inquired.

Alfred began slowly pacing the room behind. “You are an investigator, Clarence. You are among the best.”

“Thank you, sir,” Clarence said, sincerely flattered by the compliment.

“But you are single-minded. In order to support you we need an exact, perfect recounting of your expenses. Miss Semma here is the bride to Zeshesho, the god of higher teachings and mathematics. She is a record keeper and conscientious.”

“Thank you for your confidence, sir,” her soft voice replied. Semma sank down and blushed. She was not used to being fussed over at all.

Clarence looked at the divine bride beside him once more. “Then I will be glad to have her as my aid.” He extended his hand toward the young woman. Confused and inept, Semma took the man’s hand. With a gentle squeeze and a smile he added, “It is a pleasure to meet you.”

“You as well,” she whispered. Semma turned and looked over her shoulder at Alfred. He still paced the room, seemingly lost in thought. “What are we investigating and documenting, exactly?”

Alfred stopped. He let out a deep breath. “There are whispers of a deity impregnating his mortal bride.”

“There is precedent for this. It has happened before,” Clarence said.

“Yes, but it is rare. Many believe only the truly devoted to their husbands are visited by them to carry a half mortal child. Others believe they see the marriages as a symbolic offering and do not always act upon them.” Alfred dropped his gaze to boots. “There are examples of divine brides birthing the children of gods in our past,” he muttered. His eyes glazed over.

Semma frowned. She looked at the older man with confusion in her eyes. “I do not understand. What is your hesitation? Are we not simply recording this event in the modern day?” She began twiddling her fingers and squirming. The older man’s energy made her uneasy.

“You are,” Alfred said. He began pacing again. “But I suspect there is something more at work here than husband and wife lying together as one,” he admitted.

“…Such as what?” Clarence asked. He folded his arms and turned to keep the other man in his sight.

“I would rather not say.” Alfred returned to his desk. “I’d rather…” he cleared his throat, “not influence your approach when you investigate. Simply investigate, keep records and then report back to me with your findings. If anything is amiss, we will take the steps necessary to resolve the situation.” He settled in his chair with a groan. “But I pray it is simply a modern-day miracle.”

“Right,” Clarence said. He nodded. “We’ll set off right away. We need only your instructions and a letter of purpose.”

“Go and pack. Return tomorrow morning and that will be ready for both of you,” Alfred replied.

“Of course, your excellency,” Semma said. She stood, bowed, then left the older man’s office.

Clarence watched her leave. “Will you tell me what you suspect? Why you are being so cautious?” he muttered.

“No.” Alfred held up a chiding finger. “I need your impartial report.” With a wrinkled smile and a sweeping motion with his hand he dismissed the investigator from his office.

***

Vragi pressed his abdomen against Alia’s backside. She groaned and reached backward. She cradled Vragi’s cheek, gently scratching his beard. “Take me,” she pleaded. She felt his cock stiffen after the request. A pleased smile crossed her lips.

Vragi draped his arm over Alia’s abdomen. He gently, but firmly pulled her against him. He moaned as his cock was engulfed by her wet pussy. With his free hand he clawed the pillows. He kept his moans low and soft. Each time he thrust his body threatened to succumb to the intense pleasure.

“So good,” Alia said between breaths. Her face was flushed. Her breathing was ragged. She squeezed her eyes shut and fought back her grateful pleasure moans. Her muscles became taut. The repeated, rhythmic penetration had her nearing ecstasy. “Faster,” she pleaded.

Vragi bucked his hips faster. He wasn’t penetrating her as deeply, but the head of his cock was still pleasantly squeezed and coated in her excitement. “Gonna cum,” he announced. His face turned crimson. He felt her body’s inner contractions. The repeated constriction had him clawing at the bedding. He panted as he came soon after her orgasm. They laid together, still spooning as they came down from the carnal high of their intimacy. “You are amazing.” He kissed her cheek several times.

Alia smiled coyly. “I am glad you think so.”

Vragi caressed the barely visible bump on her belly. “I am still unworthy of your affections,” he whispered. “But I am grateful you have chosen me.”

“You give yourself too little credit,” Alia said. “I adore you.”

Vragi nuzzled her. He began running his fingers through her dark, wavy hair. “And I you,” he whispered.

***

Semma walked through the courtyard ahead of Clarence. She noted the early hour and that there seemed to be plenty of paladins to protect the maidens chosen for the gods the temple represented. “If something is amiss and dangerous, at least there are able-bodied fighters nearby,” she muttered.

Clarence kept his gaze on his boots. “Mhm.” He grunted to acknowledge that the young woman was making observations, but he was at best half-listening. He was now terrified of being among paladins and maidens. Since Alfred has his suspicions, and he did not want to clue them in, Clarence’s mind continued to entertain the worst. He eyed each paladin suspiciously and he tried to see through the maidens as if he could read their minds to know if they plotted treachery against the temples.

“What do you think?” Semma asked. She spun around and stopped facing the investigator.

Clarence jumped, startled. He looked at the young woman blankly. “Sorry, what?”

“I suggested breakfast first and foremost. Then we find somebody in charge and ask the usual routines of the temple so we know when it is best to interact with the paladins and maidens. We do not want our presence here to be a disturbance.”

Clarence’s eyes widened. She stood against the rising sun in the horizon. The bride to the mathematics god had a pleasant demeanor, but with her red hair in braided pigtails, and her wearing a deep purple robe and white chasuble, her physical attractiveness was emphasized. Lustful thoughts about the woman now pervaded his mind. “Cer-certainly,” he muttered.

Semma nodded, then she turned and approached one of the paladin sentinels. After asking for directions she began walking up the large white stone steps. She motioned for Clarence to follow.

Clarence looked around slowly while he caught up with Semma. Such lascivious thoughts were unlike him, no matter the beauty presented to him. His stomach twisted itself into knots. Perhaps he had picked up on whatever Alfred was worried about? “Some dark magic working against the temple?” he muttered.

“Huh?” Semma looked back at Clarence.

“Nothing.” He smiled to reassure her. “I am talking to myself. Learning the layout of our new temporary home.”

“Ah. Well, that paladin there, he said breakfast is soon. Usually just past sunrise. So your idea to travel through the night to arrive first thing in the morning was brilliant. Thank you.”

Clarence’s forehead wrinkled with confusion. “Sure.”

“But, the pregnancy. Apparently the young woman is named Alia. The paladin said she wakes up early for silent prayers then goes to breakfast. We can watch her from afar before we approach for…” Semma folded her arms, “Huh. I don’t know exactly what you’ll be doing.”

“Interviewing everybody. Talking at length about the temple, routines, the people,” Clarence explained. “Unfortunately this will prove to be a lot of writing for us both.”

“That is what I’m here for!” she said enthusiastically.

2