Breaking Several Million Hearts At Once
8.8k 13 140
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We held onto each other as tightly as we could.

At one point I lifted my head from her shoulder and noticed that it was quite damp.

Eh?

I was crying?

After Eve had calmed down enough to speak, she began to talk about what had happened in the past three years.

I just hugged her while she sobbed out all the hard work she's put in.

"Brother. Did I do good?"

I nodded and she had cried.

While patting her back, two emotions were raging inside me.

Anger and relief.

Anger at the shit Eve had gone through and relief that she was back.

"Adam."

Eve said in a low tone.

"Yes?"

"Adam," she repeated.

This time a little stronger.

"I'm here," she was in my arms.

"Don't let me leave again. Promise me."

"I won't let you leave. I promise."

She cried again and we just sat on the floor as I comforted her.

That night, as I clung onto her, we made another promise in the soft light of the moon.

She looked so beautiful even with tears running down her cheeks.

––––––––

I woke up with Eve still having her arms wrapped tightly around me.

I shook her awake.

As much as I'd like to sleep in and make up for our lost time, I still had a shift that I had to get to.

The headache I woke up with was proof of how drunk I had gotten.

My movements woke up Eve who rubbed her eyes while placing my hand next to her cheek.

She yawned.

"What is it Adam? It's too early lets go back to sleep."

I laughed lightly at her.

"I have to go to work. Don't you have stuff to be doing as well?"

All traces of sleepiness were immediately wiped out when she heard me.

"Ooh that's right! I forgot I have a pretty important meeting with a representative today! Ahh whatever! I'd rather spend the day with you. Victoria's Secret can go to hell as long as I care!"

"Victoria's Secret?"

"Yeah, they scheduled an appointment with me to discuss plans on adding me to their next show's lineup. Don't worry I'll immediately go turn them down. Having to train and prepare for a fashion show will only give me less time to spend with you."

She took out her phone and started texting with one hand. The other was still holding mine.

While I didn't know much about women's fashion, even I knew what Victoria's Secret was. Yvonne was always telling me about how one of the brasserie designs she had sent was bought by them. So I had a general knowledge of how famous their brand was.

"I think you should do it."

She stopped texting and looked up.

"Huh?"

"I think you should do it," I repeated. "I've seen your pictures and you're looking great."

"You've seen my pictures?"

"Yeah. I've been following your Instagram for two years now. Anyways you said you're solo right now. It's not modeling that you hate, it's Ford."

She thought about it.

"I refuse. I've had enough of modeling for a lifetime."

"Hey c'mon. What if I said I just really wanted to see my sister in some sexy underwear?"

She coughed and slightly turned red.

"I could always do that for you...alone."

I bopped her on the head.

"Anyways, you need to think about what you want to be doing while I'm at work. We're both adults and modeling will be a nice way for you to be distracted when I'm away right?"

"Why can't I just work at your restaurant!"

"Slots are all full."

"Can't you ask the manager to kick someone out?"

"Are you hearing yourself right now?"

She folded her arms.

"Fine! I'll go to the meeting today. Getting a new job will be too much of a hassle. At least I'm well-known enough as a model so I can demand the same schedule as you. But tell me where your restaurant is first. I'll go there as soon as I'm done with the meeting."

"Don't worry about me I'll come home at eightish."

"No way! We'll go home together then!"

"Fine, here's the address."

I handed her a quickly written address on a sheet of paper.

"By the way, give me your phone number."

"Huh? Oh yeah, sure."

I showed her my screen and she quickly jotted it down.

I didn't see her put < Adam ❤️ > under the contact name.

––––––––

* vvvvvvvt *

My phone vibrated and I put down the dish I was carrying.

< Adam!!! Meeting's over and I'm on my way to your restaurant. Make sure to give me your best service ~ ❤️. >

I was reading the message when I heard someone behind me.

"Hey whose that Adam?"

It was Yvonne.

She was tiptoed over my shoulder peeking at the message too.

"Ah. Just my sister. She wanted to visit me at work."

"Your sister huh? Is she the one that you were talking about?"

"Yeah. It's all good though now."

She still looked at me a little suspiciously, but then suddenly turned a little bit shy.

"Hmmm okay. By the way, did I say anything strange last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know! You know...like something weird!"

"I don't think so, no, why?"

"Never mind!"

She hastily retreated.

––––––––

* ding *

"Welcome to Lucchese, how may I help you?"

Yvonne was at the reception desk tending to the walk-in.

The usually noisy establishment suddenly instantly fell silent.

I was a little curious and peeked out from out of the kitchen.

Oh dear lord.

Eve was standing there in a rather conspicuous outfit.

Our restaurant wasn't the fanciest place in the world and her designer clothes and jewelry really stuck out.

"Adam!"

I saw her wave at me.

Every head in the room instantly swung at me, including Yvonne's.

I saw quite a few looks ranging from jealousy to surprise.

There were a few whispers that I could easily hear over the rather silent room.

"Isn't that Eve Martin?"

"Holy shit that's her!"

"Do you think she'll give me an autograph?"

"Didn't she just call someone?"

"Eh? Who the hell is that guy?"

"KUHHH that lucky bastard!"

Ignoring those whispers, she ran over to me and gave me a hug.

Right in front of everyone.

My sister was feeling me up in public!

"H-h-hey Eve. Let go idiot! People are going to get the wrong idea!"

"Let them...I've missed you."

"It's only been like 6 hours!"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it..."

While we were whispering, I guess everyone was assuming we were whispering our everlasting love for each other or something.

I dryly chuckled at all the hostile glares I was receiving.

I just about had enough and dragged her into the kitchen, with Yvonne following closely behind for some reason.

"Hey, hey, hey. Who told you to make such a scene?"

"I'm sorry Adam, I just couldn't help it. I'm so famous you know?"

She gave me a cute clueless look.

I easily saw through it and pulled at her cheeks.

"You knew exactly what you were doing Eve. Don't try to act all cute. Talk about a grand entrance..."

"Hmpph! I was just practicing my stage presence! You were the one who told me I should go with the meeting!"

Yvonne tapped me on the shoulder, causing us both to turn around at her.

"Uhm. Is this your sister?"

My sister glared at me. She took a glance at Yvonne's bust and glanced down at her own.

She turned red in anger.

"Adam? Who's this?"

I separated myself from Eve and pointed at Yvonne.

"Ok. Eve, meet Yvonne. Yvonne, meet Eve."

I pointed at Eve, "that's my twin sister," then pointed at Yvonne, "that's my coworker."

Yvonne looked at me with a frown but it quickly disappeared into a smirk.

She slithered up to me and grabbed my arm, pressing it against her chest.

"Oh? Just a coworker? Haven't we shared quite a few drinks together?"

I rapped her over the head with a knuckle.

"Idiot. Don't say stupid things like that. It was a party that we both happened to participate in."

I could see Eve was on the verge of an aneurysm. "Damn cow! Get away from my brother!"

"And you," this time I flicked Eve on the forehead. She reeled back in pain, "don't fall for such an obvious provocation. Anyways we've dillydallied here long enough. I still have an hour left in my shift."

Eve begrudgingly left the kitchen, but not before whispering something in Yvonne's ear and walking away with a triumphant look on her face.

Our victim in question was fuming. "That crazy bitch is serious! Guh! And she even has his boxers? But I won't lose! At least not with these!"

Hmm?

She was heaving up her own chest with pride.

I only stared at her with amusement while she also began walking out of the kitchen.

Her hip movements were being exaggerated and I even caught her looking back once.

––––––––

I was told to go serve "the young lady at table 4."

Of course the young lady was Eve.

She was giving me a bright smile that screamed manipulation.

I guessed she had specifically requested for me as I could see there were still customers waiting to be seated.

There weren't as many stares as before but there were still quite a few.

"Don't you feel uncomfortable with all these gazes?"

"Kind of. But it can't be helped you know?"

"Haaah. Whatever. What do you want to order?"

She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Is that really how you treat customers around here?"

"*ahem* What would you like to order ma'am."

She giggled.

"Just a cup of black coffee will do."

Since when did she drink coffee?

Well we did have a three-year missing gap in our lives.

I guess I would no longer know everything about my sister.

I served her the coffee and finished the rest of my shift.

I changed quickly and stepped out of the restaurant with Eve and Yvonne in tow.

The streets were unusually crowded today.

Especially around the restaurant.

I guess walking around with two beautiful women really made a difference.

The two women in question were trying to bicker as silently as possible behind my back.

"I've slept with him since we were four!"

"You guys were kids! That doesn't count!"

"We slept together last night ha!"

"Well, I've seen him changing!"

"Damn stalker!"

"Shut up brocon!"

I interrupted their argument.

"Yvonne, didn't you miss your bus stop?"

"Ah shit! You're right! Then I'll see you on Monday, Adam!"

She ran away, her sneakers thumping on the ground as her rear bounced in those tight jeans.

Was she doing this on purpose?

Eve saw me staring at her ass and tugged me away.

She pulled out her phone and triumphantly shoved it in my face.

My eyes bulged out at the screen.

< Eve Martin spotted hugging a man! Her boyfriend? >

The center spread was a picture of her hugging me. It was only showing my back but you could clearly see the ecstatic expression on her face.

The article went on to discuss Eve's recent feat of becoming one of the top models of this generation.

Then it went on to guess who the man in the photo was.

All sorts of names were being thrown there. Actors, other models, you name it...

There were quite a few comments under the article, most of them calling me a manslut or baby dick for daring to soil their goddess.

I sighed at the misunderstanding she had caused.

This was really turning out to be a headache...

"Hey Adam."

Eve had stopped walking after Yvonne had fully disappeared from sight.

She was looking down at the pavement.

"You promise there's nothing going on with her?"

"Hey Eve cut it out. She's just a friend."

"ANSWER THE QUESTION."

Her voice rose to a crescendo.

"Woah woah. Calm down. There's nothing going on...for now."

I gave her a hug and she quieted down.

I hailed a cab down and I let her rest against my body in the backseat.

She stayed quiet until we entered the home, when she suddenly asked.

"You have an off-day tomorrow, right?"

I was a little surprised at the question.

"Mmm. My next shift is on Monday."

"Great! Then how about a date with your pretty sister? We have to do something about these clothes."

"My clothes? There's nothing wrong with them."

"No, no, no brother. I won't take no for an answer! We're getting up at 8 and immediately going to the Fashion District!"

I had a bad feeling about this...

––––––––

A.N.

Adam will be kind of dense for a bit until Yvonne confesses.

I mean, he already kinda knows that they both like him more than as a friend, but he's more unsure of what he wants for himself.

thanks for reading.

140