Chapter 1
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Another phenomenon that shapes the contemporary time is the Great Eastern War, which lasted for 24 years starting from February 20, 1976, to August 2, 2000. The war caused vast damage in the entire region of East Asia, specifically in North and South Korea." Ma'am Cawagan holds the edge of the book to turn to the next page.

"A series of attacks were premeditated by North Korea against the former country occupying the southern Peninsula, South Korea, now consolidated as Vex City, in the morning of February 20, 1976, establishing a revolution against the said nation's government," she says.

The wall clock at the front flashes that it's 4 in the afternoon, but my teacher doesn't seem to mind. Her eyes remain still on the book as she keeps on preaching of the Great War like a broken recorded tape.

"Hey," Louie squirms in his seat, "what now?" he looks at his watch. "A minute past 4? She doesn't even care about anything except her lesson. It's already 20 minutes past the time, and my club members are starting to page me."

Prez' eyes wander the front of the class.

"Keep your voice down, you don't want to be heard. Trust me, I'm not liking this either. And I still have to supervise cleaners before I can meet Aida."

"I swear. If it wasn't for the grades, I would have told her way back earlier."

"But we know her antics. If someone points out she's over the time, she either becomes angry or angry... As if she's going to listen."

"Ugh... shouldn't have transferred to this school." Louie leans on the backrest. "People in public schools are much pushier. They'll chatter, ignore the teacher until she stops the lesson because no one's listening anymore."

Thud!

A familiar sound comes from the back. I look behind. Staggering to the table is Ms. Anluage. Books are about to fall from her arms all because of the 5-inch heels she's wearing that show its rubiness. Great, my sentence in this cell is over.

BANG!

I shudder. My classmates also flinch at the loud sound, but nobody dares to turn back. Ma'am Cawagan, on the other hand, seems to finally notice my advisor's presence. With wide eyes, she leaps to the right.

"Ah! What time is it?" she immediately gasps. "It's already 4:00!"

Really? I thought the lesson is just beginning.

"I'm very sorry, Ms. Anluage. I didn't notice the time."

So that's why you closed the front door when students from the neighboring rooms walked by us?

"Sorry. It won't happen again."

"Yeah. Yeah," Louie mutters, "It's the seven hundred fifty-nine thousand, four hundred twenty-fifth time you sa— Ouch."

Prez has pinched him.

"It's alright ma'am. You did nothing wrong. It's me who should apologize for interrupting your class. You may continue," Ms. Anluage says.

"No. I'm going."

Ma'am Cawagan takes a deep breath. Then, straightens her stance from the awkward frog pose she's in.

"Alright class, study for the quiz on Monday. Don't forget to bring your quiz booklet or else you won't be able to take the quiz."

"Yes Ma'am!"

"Goodbye class."

We spring from our seats. I notice that Louie's legs are shaking a little. It must be from sitting too long.

"Goodbye Ma'am Cawagan."

As fast as lightning, she bolts out of the room.

My classmates prepare their things. Few of them are already wearing their bags. They're ready to leave the room, fresh from the 20-minute extension. On the other hand, I stuff the Black Apple spiral notebook into my backpack together with the pencil I used for doodling.

"Excuse me," Ms. Anluage says, "please take a seat. I have something to tell you. It will be brief."

Those who are about to leave the room suddenly stop, and those who are wearing their bags take them off. Most have scowls on their faces, but the remaining don't seem to mind.

"Don't worry. I know that you really wanted to leave, but I just need to say something..." a gentle smile has shaped her lips. "So, tomorrow is our field trip, right?"

"Yes."

"Good. Our assembly time is 4:00 am, and the bus will leave at exactly 4:30 am. 4:30 am. No extensions for those who are always tardy. If anyone arrived beyond that, you won't be able to attend the field trip. Understood?"

"Understood."

"Also, don't forget to wear your proper P.E. uniform and your school ID for identification purposes. For those who aren't paid yet, hand it to me later or tomorrow morning, and for those who haven't submitted the waiver, give it to me after this. See you tomorrow." then, she walks away.

Standing up, some students follow her, and while beaming their eyes, several boys also walk after her. It's her front that's attracting stares. It's bouncing.

I have better things to do. I take my bag and sneak from the room.

0