Chapter 14
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

JEON

The wide Clevy drifts from the dirt road fast. Its engine whines. Beside it, a black what-the-hell-I-know BMU catches up.

"You can't get away from me." George Hunimo says.

He then slams the wheel. Rushing on, his Clevy bangs the armor of BMU. Hell yeah! This is getting intense.

From nowhere, something buzzes. The sound pierces mah ears over and over again. Looking beside me, mah phone ticks off the alarm. I slam it to the desk.

Front me's mah bunk, sheets displaced, all rowdy to the lower side of the mattress and on the floor, pillows lie. I stack them all on the sheets. Something's missing though, where's the comforter?

I look the left. It's not here.

On the right. Just dirt.

Suddenly, sharp pain jabs mah stomach. Right, I haven't eaten anything yet. Hunger's deadly so I'mma just find it later. I walk outside.

Door across me remains shut though the office texted me earlier. A new one's coming. Forgot his name but it starts with m... Mark? Is it Mark?

Thinking bout Mark, I get out the unit. Many peeps are loud cuz they're messing around.

"Come on. You have a crush on her, don't you?" boy in uniform says while holding a pocketbook.

"W-w-what are you saying?!" nother boy side him asks.

They go the elevator at hallway's end. I join them.

It's hot and crowded but way better than taking the ass stairs.

"So what did she say?" a student asks.

"She'll be coming tonight," slick haired blabbers smirking.

Feel mah stomach churn to their chit-chat. Real gross. They planning to bang her or what?

Comforting me, I look around. The four corners of the wall have light bulbs. Both ceiling and flooring are carpeted while the walls just plain metal. Two mirrors compact the left and right, then mah eyes meet mah reflection. Am looking haggard but is fine. I can even wear something disheveled if I wanna.

Ding!

I head straight the cafe. Suddenly, small waves run mah skin. Feels like electric currents. I felt it the whole time am in US but still hate it here cuz it hits stronger here.

I turn to the tables. All of a sudden, feel a pressure on mah back.

"I'm sorry." someone's weak words drill mah ears.

I turn mah crown to the sloppy accent, and a tall boy stands front me. He ain't wearing school uniform, instead just casual shirt and sneakers. Mah heart beats hard. But I'm hungry. I'mma ghost him.

"You need not worry," I say. "I did not get hurt."

"Thank you," tall boy says.

He's carrying bag and baggage's side him.

"In any case, do you happen to be a new student in this school?" I ask.

"Yeah. I just arrived a while ago."

I smile. "I understand. I am currently on my way to acquire my food, may I excuse myself?"

He nods. "Again, I'm very sorry."

"Do not apologize because I am not hurt. I am afraid I need to go."

I walk away from him. Outta nowhere, feel a touch in mah arm.

"Wait," he says.

"What is it?"

"Can you show me the room I'm assigned?"

"What room number have you received from the registrar?"

"Nothing. I didn't receive anything from them."

The heck. "Do you mean nothing as in null?"

"Y-yeah."

I cross mah arms. "That is rather odd."

On the other end, he keep standing like a building. Wait, this is the time to make things real smooth. I walk closer him.

"I believe it is indeed very rude of me to not introduce myself to you. I am Jeon-chun Myers. Nice to meet you, Mister."

He raises eyebrows but receives mah hand. "I'm Isaiah Matthew Cruz. Nice to meet you."

I hold his hand hard. Us holding them makes me, inside mah head, hear heart beats faster. His hands are warm.

"Matthew? Did I hear it right? Your name is Matthew?"

"Yeah. Why?"

Talk about dink. "Actually, the registrar's office has informed that a student will occupy the room across mine."

Matthew throws a wide-eyed look.

Can't remember the name but I ain't letting you slip. "Matthew. Matthew is the name they told."

"So that means—"

"Perhaps you are my roommate."

"But, Matthew is a generic name. What if it's another student?"

"It is indeed a possibility," I say in English.

"You can speak English?"

"I am." I dart to the counter. "Should we not acquire foods first? I am certain that you are hungry, especially after coming from a flight, Mr. Cruz."

"Thanks."

I take charge, and he tails me. Though am calmed down, the feeling in mah heart's ain't dying.

Looking at him, I notice he's observing the place.

"This is so beautiful," he spouts.

"I agree with you. If I may say, this place truly depicts Baroque Architecture, which is prominent in Europe in the 17th century."

"You think so too? But look, the flush mounted bulb gives this place a modern touch."

Have no idea what that is but... I shake mah head up and down. We line the snarl-up of maroon people. After some seconds, they leave little by little so we turn be next the counter.

"Mr. Cruz, in my humble opinion, eating the food at our unit will be more convenient for you as you need to rest. What do you say?"

"It's ok with me."

We jump at the counter. A young lad wearing a weird blue uniform greets me.

"Good afternoon, sir," I say.

"Good afternoon. What do you want today?" his deep voice rings.

"A slice of pepperoni pizza, one-fourth serving of cobb salad, half of galbijjim, and a bottle of water. Please contain them inside a paper bag because I will not be eating those here."

"Coming in."

He fetches the grub in a whirl. Even I can't see his hands no more.

I spin to Matthew. He's looking to nother lad in his line. Cuz of side view, can see his real chiseled jaw like Hercules. He can cut me in half with how sharp it's.

"Are you doing fine?" I ask him.

"Yeah. She's just packing my order."

"All right."

"Here's your order young man." lad behind the counter talks me.

I snatch the bag from him. On the other side, Matthew also has the bag in his hand.

"Do you need any help with your carriage?"

"No. I'm fine carrying all of these."

"I see. Shall we go to our unit?"

"Sure."

We get outta cafe. Hallway's empty and we stroll the way connecting the lobby and the wing.

"Hmm..." he's looking down.

"Do you have any problems?"

"No. It's just the floors here are made out of parquet."

What's that? "Yes. It is indeed made of parquet."

"This is great. I'm seeing so many things for the first time here in this school."

"Jip-Eun Sig Academy is one of the pioneer institutions here. This school is an honored elite school famed in the entire city."

"It's no doubt why the architecture looks so refined. But isn't it a bit old-looking for Vex City?"

"I do not think so. Many places here in Vex City are influenced by western culture. Therefore, a vast number of structures are similar to the architecture of our school. Despite that, there are still places furnished with the traditional Korean style. Those can be found at the outskirts of the city."

"That's great. Now I want to visit those places."

"I see. You are quite fascinated by visual arts, do you not?" I say.

He smiles. "I live for art."

"Your attitude toward arts is really admirable." but I like you more.

Ding!

The elevator rings its usual ear-piercing alarm.

"We are already on our floor. Let us advance."

He catches behind me as I tryna keep mah decency though mah heart can't stop beating crazy.

"So, our room is on the 3rd floor?" Matt asks. "This is a good location. Not too high and not too low either."

"You can say that. The East Wing towers in 7-story. Each floor has 10 rooms excluding the 1st level." I walk. "In total, 120 1st year students can be accommodated in this building."

"Only 1st years?"

"2nd year students are sheltered in the West Wing while 3rd year students reside in the main building, the one above the cafeteria."

"Oh."

Turning mah left, I see the same ol sign.

"This is our room Mr. Cruz. Room number 34."

"Hey, you're free to call me whatever you want, but please drop the formalities."

"Fine, if it satisfies you." then I'mma give it to you. "Please come in, Matt."

"Thank you."

"Upon entering, this passageway will greet you. My bedroom is the door on the left while yours is just across."

His jaw drops. "Wow. I thought we're going to be in the same bedroom, but we have our own, huh."

Bummer. "That is very much true. Jip-Eun Sig is wealthy enough to provide separate rooms for each students."

"And the whole unit is spacious too."

He acts so adorable I can't help but smile.

"There are doors on the end of this passageway. The left door is for the bathroom while on the right, the restroom is accessible."

He waves hand. "I got it."

"Before it wanders from my mind, here is the key for your room." I give the key from the hanger. "I am aware that you are weary from your flight, and so, I will let you rest."

"Thank you."

"You are very much welcome."

I rush inside mah room. Everything inside are rowdy, each corner's messy, whole place's real trashy. Shock runs through me. I need to clean this mess or else man will be so shooketh.

Thump thump thump.

Mah heart beats fast. The hell? Calm down!

I look to the mirror. Mah hair's parted on the left cuz stupid cowlick resisting direction. Some hair sticking out. Crap. You're a damned man Jeon.

Putting mah hand down make me feel coldness in pocket. It's mah key. But weird. Another one's lying next the mirror. Is this unit key?

Oh, I forgot to give it.

Looking front, mah hair's messy as ever. I wave it by comb but it ain't working so I use mah hands instead. After some flattening, stupid cowlick still won't follow. Nevermind. Just gonna give him the key this way and go.

I exit.

Close like shut's his door. Hope he ain't dozing off yet. Don't wanna cause a ruckus.

"Good afternoon, Matt. I am here to—"

Nice shape and lean back. Standing front me's Matt... he's bare! Heat creeps up immediately mah face. Crap.

He turns back, and throws wide-eyed squint. Fastly, he pulls the shorts from the ground.

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear you knock," he says, nonchalant.

Mah face feels burning and chest's bout to explode. Crap. Can't breathe.

"I-i-i-i..."

He walks to me. "What do you need?"

His vision falls mah hand. "Is that a key?"

"Y-yes! Please t-take it."

I throw it. I disappear to mah room.

I fall the floor. Front of me, a picture frame catches my attention.

Its white paint only making me feel dirty like the sand George Hunimo drifts on. The pic inside's mocking.

Do I fall for him?

Am I ready?

0