Chapter 11
147 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having to get used to this stupid routine of singing, as well as work and train, made everything so much harder!

I wanted to think about our next step, but they made me shift twice a day and had someone inside my head at all times.

The problem was, even if I was trying to keep their heads out of mine, it seemed that they were doing the same to me. I did not find out more information on the bomb nor anything else of their plans.

I was still an outsider and to that I agreed to it…I didn’t want to be a part of their pack, especially when I couldn’t even think normally!

It was such a pain! I was getting so sick of singing the same songs over and over that I started singing songs that I didn’t quite know all the words too and then lost myself on how the song went and before I knew it, I had wasted a whole hour!

 

I knew that they would always talk about me and what I was thinking, even seeing them laugh, but I could only keep up pretence and continue what I had been doing for weeks, only having minimal time to try and figure out what I was going to do now!

Six weeks…Six weeks and I had not seen Rexxie!

I couldn’t believe it!

How much longer will it take for us to get back to our mate!

Seriously, I was really glad that Isilesah was with me, as the only other person I talked to was Pete…Well that and the time that they forced me to talk, knowing that I could talk now.

Ah! I wanted to go! I want to go back to my Rexxie!

 

It was in the next week that things went from bad to worse. It wasn’t just because I knew that they were up to something, something big! But the other thing that happened…

Whatever was happening outside of the pack, seemed to have picked up pace and apparently, I was now some awesome pawn that they could use…It was ‘time’, I had heard and I had already noticed before this that some Shifters had come and many of them had left, it was very different to all the six weeks previous!

I had not taken out the bomb…I suppose I had been too focused upon not thinking about it that I completely did not think of it! It really was a worry though, because even if all this time I did have the chance to take it out, I just felt like I would be given another one…So, it was put directly on hold!

Every time the ‘bomb’ wanted to call me, to remind me it’s there, there was only a long beep on the other side!

But now…Over this week, things got desperate!

First off, they talked about me leaving right in front of me. They had stated that I should go the path that they had showed me, and I had shaken my head, stating that I was a part of their pack now.

One of them had gotten mad and stood up, starting to state that I was needed for their plan to work perfectly, but they were told to be quiet.

That was when the Alpha aura had been used and I was forced to leave…With the bomb still implanted in my shoulder!

 

What they had not thought of, was my unique state of basic thinking and when the Alpha had commended that I leave the boundary…Well, that was what I did. I left the boundary…Then sat right next to it and did not move!

I did what I was told to do!

Singing songs in my head, while still in wolf form, it wasn’t long before they realized that I was not going to move!

Being brought back to the pack, that was when shit really hit the fan!

They all were ganging up on me and calling me names, throwing stuff at me that even stunk! I mean there was only like ten of them there now, but ten against one was really dishonourable and I could only think they were all bastards!

I had been told to shift and then was forced to kneel in front of the witch of a woman!

“Luna, she’s here!”

Hearing a chuckle, I clearly saw her relishing this particular moment…

“You might think you’re clever little one, but you aren’t!”

She pulled at my hair and pressed down upon my face, pushing it right into the dirt. “You like this place so much? Then have some, eat it!”

Laughter rang out, and I desperately tried not to eat the dirt right up against my mouth.

 

Feeling less pressure on my head, a minute later, I still kept it bowed, getting scared.

I know they needed me alive but, torture…Torture didn’t really sit well with me…And…I knew that they didn’t have any time to waste!

They were in a hurry to use me!

“Mmm, it seems that the little one thinks it’s blind…” The woman’s ugly voice let out a loud sigh and after that, and cheers went out, I went from being panicked to fearing what was going to happen next.

And just as I said, from bad to worse, the witch of a woman had savagely lifted my head and brought out her wolf claws and did not stop to gauge out my eyes!

I screamed!

It was not something I have ever gone through, like I guessed many others hadn’t either, but from being able to see, to see nothing and to feel pain!

I felt the blood go down my cheeks and down my chin and I think I felt one of my eyes popped, like a balloon…

Screaming and screaming through the heartless actions of the wicked woman, it was stopped by feeling a hand around my neck.

In the next moment, I heard her wicked words, “I have no problem doing this again, with silver…Now go with them and do as you’re told!”

 

Being pushed down, I breathed heavily, sobbing and wanting to touch my eyes but…I just…

I was in complete shock…

I couldn’t see anymore…Well, it takes me a while to realize that I could still ‘see’ red and green, but at this point in time, I was mortified!

Forgive me if I felt like I went back to Earth, that when you go blind on Earth there’s hardly any type of cure, if any at all!

I felt like my life was over, that I won’t see my Rexxie, my wolf, my pack, the sun, the beach, the grass for crying out loud!

Before I knew it, I found myself getting pushed along somewhere and that my hands were bound. I don’t know how much time I lost to my blindness and pain but being pushed and feeling like I was going to trip with every step, scared the hell out of me!

Isilesah finally got through to me and told me that she will heal us, making me finally remember that I was now a Shifter…And Shifters heal…

Oh…

And this point was where I am now.

 

I’m walking…Somewhere, most probably somewhere that could harm my Rexxie, and I couldn’t see…I was in deep darkness, yet I was sure that it was probably still daylight for real ‘outside’.

I remember seeing a few blind people and a watching eyes get poked at in shows or movies but this…Going through it was just too much for me!

Going to the toilet in the middle of the night was annoying enough but it was better than this!

I might have had an idea of how many steps it took to get to the toilet, and where the walls were, but now, now I had nothing to hang on to, nothing to help not trip upon the ground! There were rocks and pebbles and even weeds and roots of trees were enough to make me trip over!

Not only that, but I could feel blood still slowly going down my face and I can’t imagine how I looked like right now!

I was literally freaking out! I had never been this freaked out before!

That woman had indeed put fear into me and even knowing that I would heal and get through this, I was worried that silver would be used in a next time! I really didn’t want this to happen again and to be blind for the rest of my life!

I liked my eyes too much!

 

 

With Isilesah coaxing me, I calmed down a bit more, the pain around my eyes seems less and this was when I realized that I could still ‘see’ red and green.

Taking a few breaths, I then started to get serious. Which direction did they take us in? Did you hear what they were talking about before we left?

Honey, I wasn’t paying attention, I’m sorry.

I let out a calming breath to her caring nature of having been too worried about me, and said back, it’s fine, thank you for helping me with the pain. We’ll figure out how to get out of this mess!

“Was it here?”

“Nah…A bit further to the south east…I think.”

Hearing that at least two Shifters were bringing us somewhere, that seemed to be to the south east, I finally brought my head up to look around.

Seeing red in three areas, I frowned and lowered my head. There’s three, think you could take them, without being able to see?

I will do all that I can!

Did you pinpoint the bomb? I asked.

No, I still couldn’t find a way.

Looking to my shoulder, a very small red light was there, and I was surprised to finally be able to see a positive to being blind! The red dot was so small that it was no wonder why I had not been able to see it before!

I’ll take it out, I stated firmly…I know full well that it was going to hurt like crazy, but it had to be done!

 

Are you sure, my dear?

Yes, but are you sure you can take out all three of these bastards? I asked, feeling slightly better…Perhaps it was because I was getting angry! Really bloody angry!

Of course, I may not be able to see but I still have my nose!

I let out an inner chuckle, feeling strangely overcome with the want for some revenge, very well. I’ll try to help you as much as possible.

I could still ‘see’ red and green so I could possible say ‘to the left’ or whatever…Well, it was worth a shot anyway! I have a gift…Might as well use it! For the fight, if I say ‘Ahead’, that is where they are. If I say, ‘to your left’, that is where they’ll be, understood?

Yes, honey, I’ll listen to you!

 

I took in a calming breath and looked around, one was obviously ahead, pulling us along, one was to the side of us, to the right, and another was behind us.

There wasn’t much else going on, but I guess they were probably getting bored.

What was binding us was just rope, and Isilesah stated that the rope will break when she will Shift…It seems that they think that since we were blind, we weren’t as big of a threat to them.

If we fight, they must be sure that we would be under their control!

It’ll be good to prove them wrong!

As long as we get them fast, so they can’t shift to wolf form and inform the fact that we had attacked…Wait…

This isn’t like Earth…

I sighed, because I realized that as soon as they die, they’ll know! I forgot all about the connection between the pack! What an idiot!

 

Want me to attack now?

No, wait…If we kill them, they’ll know, won’t they?

Yes, but what are we to do?

I frowned…

That’s a good question…

Whatever we do, honey, we should do it as quickly as possible!

Thinking of the predicament of this bond link, I really did try to come up with something quickly, but nothing beat the idea of just killing all three of these bastards!

I know! Ok, they were rushing us for some reason, let’s just hope that killing these three won’t cause us any troubles! There’s one straight ahead of us, one to our left, then one behind us. Are you ready?

Yes, let’s do this!

5