Chapter 6
233 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…After watching ‘Chelsea’ for a while, even after she had woken up, and still feeling nothing for her, they had let her go to another part of this secret complex…Well, it wasn’t like they had a choice, she had found her mate here and no one could come and go as they pleased!

Hearing her story over quite a number of hours, because she was just so timid, they were happy for her to stay here anyway.

It was a sad fate, to have been abandoned by her own father and to have no mother. She didn’t tell them names but had said ‘Beta’, making a lot of them unhappy!

To add onto that, a few of them knew that her running and being found with something that she had ‘stolen’, was all a ploy, and felt completely sorry for the omega girl.

Upon her feeling like she should return and ‘accept her fate’, because she didn’t belong here, Rex himself stated that she was to stay from now on, and that she was not to return to a pack that could treat their own members that way…Making her have no other choice…

And her finding her mate, really was quite an amazing feat, considering that she really shouldn’t be here in the first place!

Not only had she come all the way from the southern end of the continent, but a strange occurrence of her vanishing and having Alister go into her body and her wolf into his, had made her come here…

There was that and…Well Rex couldn’t let her go…

Having felt like his mate was here somewhere, or somehow, at some point…He wanted to make sure that he would not miss the chance to be with his destined mate. That…If there was a small chance that this girl was somehow related to his mate, how could he let her go!?

 

It was obvious though, from waking up and being timid and scared to do anything, that Chelsea had changed slightly upon finding her mate. Her mate was just a simple technician that happened to be close to her new room and he, being one of the righteous few, completely accepted the abandoned Omega.

She was like a blossoming flower…

Well, blossoming flower was indeed a current word, because she had soon become pregnant, and she was actually my new mother…Which sort of explained why I may have overtaken her body…Well, who knows and who cares…

Before I was born though, Rex had been conflicted for a while, just like Alister, not able to pin point what was wrong…

When he had finally realized that he faintly has been smelling a great scent all along, he was relishing in the fact that he would finally meet his long lost, other half and be able to live together and start his family!

The scent was an old scent from his younger years, so it wasn’t like he was unfamiliar with it, but he felt like an idiot when he realized it was obviously because of his mate, when he had not thought of it first…But then, he just had to find this mate, but had no idea where they were!

Normally mates don’t connect with each other until they are eighteen, yet…He had eyed each and every eighteen-year-old and higher, also considering males, and still never found where this beautiful scent was coming from!

It wasn’t like he hasn’t been busy, and he was confused with the girl, so it had indeed taken a while to seek out the scent…To finally find that one of his people had just gotten pregnant…And the scent was indeed the strongest with…The girl, also known as Chelsea…

After that…He was deeply grateful to have thought to have kept that girl close by!

 

***

 

The best thing about being reborn and being a small child, was that I was given a lot of what I wanted!

Luckily, seeing that I couldn’t talk yet for a stupid reason, I was still able to find that my mates name was Rex, but he rarely gets called that…As…It seemed that he was royalty…

Yeah, I don’t get it…How in the world did I, this ‘idiot’, Alister’s words, becomes mates with royalty?

Strangely, as soon as I asked that question, I did get an answer from Isilesah…Apparently the King not only needed my ‘fun’ and unique gift, he also need her to take upon the Shifters as her children. She said that we were a team and that we exhibit exactly what the King needs and…He seemed to come across as thinking the same thing…

He had found the antics of ‘Naomi’ quite charming already, but still keeping his indifferent face as normal…Especially because he knew that this mate of his might cause quite a big problem sometimes!

He was not stupid, as he clearly sees such a carefree spirit that belonged to his destined partner and it really did worry him!

So, for the moment, he was unable to completely show others how content he really was inside, because he was already so worried!

It wasn’t like he was a cold iceberg, he was a busy man and had a bad past, making him not trust a lot of people.

 

After a while, I completely understood him and his distrust, because it seemed there was red within the men that sometimes hung around him.

When my vocal cords work better, I will have to tell him that there were people next to him that he will have to keep an eye on.

Well…That’s if he believes me and my story…

Thinking about telling him, made me nervous…Of course, though, telling him was something I was going to do!

I was not going to be silly and keep things away from him, besides, if he thinks I’m nuts and crazy and wants to burn me to the stake…What could I do!?

So, with this future in mind, I deeply depended upon our bond to stop him from doing that and I reckon that I had the guts and courage for it!

Besides…How could he let the cute and lovable me go!? Seriously!

 

 

As the days went by and I demanded my mate, I would cry, only to be returned to my birth parents to get my fill of baby’s milk.

I knew that my mate was busy, but he always made time for me, even if it was to hold me, while he worked at the same time. Actually, this happened a lot at first, because I was just so tired all the damned time! But that was great in one aspect! I slept really well with my dear Rexxie!

It sucked though…Because my life as a baby was similar to all other babies…I was tired and could only cry, drink and poo!

There was a lazy side of me that liked it, yet there was an impatient side of me that hated it! Especially when the red would show up in my line of sight and even wake me from sleeping!

I wanted to grow up faster and say, ‘Oi, there’s someone bad here, don’t listen to them!’

 

I also felt bad to my new parents, to always demanding my mate, but for me, he was what always helped me sleep and brought me way too much happiness to stay away!

Sadly, I was never able to get more then cuddles! I wanted to be in his arms all the time, all day long, but I would return to my parents when ‘His Majesty’ slept and had very important meetings.

In fact, I was only with him when he was mostly alone and with his trusted advisors.

Listening in, they had been very curious about the baby that His Majesty holds, but the ‘secret’ of me being his mate was not revealed and they had used this to make his reputation better by stating that Rex was a good leader and would even have time for the newborns…

It was wrong! So wrong!

Not only was I being used, but I still wanted to be in his arms even when he slept!

I was sure both of us had trouble sleeping without each other, but it seemed beyond my capability to change it!

Hearing that I was still so young and that my mother and father were upset that they hardly get to see me, this was the best Rex could do for them…As he already felt lucky that he was able to watch his mate from the very beginning.

If he had to have to wait until his mate had been eighteen, to have meet then, he would not have any type of interaction at all! So, he was still very happy to be a part of his mate’s life at such a young age…

Fair enough, earlier when he was sure his mate was around but didn’t know where, he had thought of starting his family, but that has all changed now!

And I didn’t think it was such a big deal…It wasn’t like my mate was going to take advantage of me! Actually, Rex seemed to be whatever I needed him to be, and I was sure that not once, had he thought of me as a lover.

So…Why can’t I be with him!

Yep, I’m ganna cry! Mummy send me back to my Rexxie!

 

 

Over the long months of slowly growing, I couldn’t help but make it hard upon my parents…Because well, it wasn’t my fault that I had found my mate!

I was such a little schemer and played tricks, making them have to discipline me!

Feeling like I owned the place, I would press the wrong buttons, like on photocopiers and computers, just to annoy people…But…I guess I was going too far…

Sighing, because I missed my mate, I decided that having everyone mad at me and questioning my capabilities as a future Queen, was probably not good and that I should slow down…

As I became two years old, I was able to already shift into my wolf and everyone was flabbergasted to find that I was indeed a special wolf.

I had black, white, brown, gold and rusty colors and grey colors…All the colors of any wolf have been known to have…And in my opinion, I think I looked absolutely dashing! Especially my tail…It was fluffy!

…But, since I was able to talk, I was now able to state about the people that showed ‘false’, or to me red, to my mate…

 

“Then, can you tell me why you think that way?”

Rex’s question caught me off-guard and I put my head against his shoulder, “I don’t have a reason why, but to me, if something show’s red, I have a bad feeling, like trouble is there. Don’t get me wrong, Rexxie, but please just take care when it comes to Clinton.”

I felt my mate lean his head towards mine and hold me slightly tighter, “Whether it is the case or not, I want you to completely stay away from him then. I’ll smack you on the bum if you don’t take my words seriously, sweetheart!”

I nod my head and put my small arm around his neck, “Okay! That’s no problem!”

He kissed me on the forehead and then became busy once again, with the documents in front of him…

Being only two at this time, I was still unable to climb all over him, like I wanted to, so I just stayed in his arms, keeping my head near his neck.

Ah! So good!

 

‘Rexxie’ was my angel! He had seen that I was indeed like a reincarnation and had been the quickest to get over that, but my parents were somewhat scared of me, since I had easily done the ‘baby puzzles’.

At first, I had played with the puzzles for fun, because it had been ages since I was able to do anything fun, but I was already bored of them…I wasn’t stupid!

They know now that I can read and do math, I can figure out problems and that I was special when it came to my wolf…

The problem was…Other people started to see this same fact about me and obvious closeness between that of me and my mate…

 

That’s right, I might be able to see red, knowing that it could be danger…But I was still just a tiny, little kid…

And that was not enough, or fast enough, to get away from someone who came and took me one day, while I was with my parents.

With my small hands and feet, nothing was able to stop the person from taking me, and when I tried to wail out or scream, my mouth was then covered nearly to the point that I could barely breath!

Within just a few minutes, I was taken out of the complex by someone who declared himself as ‘fat’ and then I was strapped to wolf and rushed away…

5