Chapter 10
171 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I know I should focus on what was going on and how this future is told, but it took me awhile to get over the sight of seeing an end come to our dearest Rexxie…

Having stopped, minutes went by as I collected myself and Isilesah was not too far ahead of me. We had both taken a great big shock and it ripped to our very core…It was simply something that we both obviously could not handle…

Finally, having calmed down, we both searched the memory, helping each other overcome this sad outcome of the future. We had to change it! We had to find out what we had to do to change this future!

…There seemed to be something on us, somewhere, and that little thing waited until Rexxie was in sight, and then…An explosion filled my sight, making me sure that it would be something that both Rexxie and I could not live through…Actually, it was quite an extensive bomb, it was even going to wait until a confined area to blow up, making me think that perhaps someone might be able to know the best time to make it go off!

That’s right, it seems that this trap was put up, to let us go, so that we would bring the trouble to Rexxie ourselves!

They had done something!

When!?

The only conclusion I could think of, is when we were asleep…Otherwise, I was pretty stomped…

What and where was this little thing that would explode upon seeing Rexxie and being confined!?

 

 

Having no choice but to return back to the Light Exalted Pack, both Isilesah and I fell into a strange daze.

She got depressed and I was trying to figure out a solution to our problem…

We couldn’t go back to Rexxie…Well at least, we couldn’t go back right now.

Even though we found a way out, a way that they hadn’t even come after us, we still couldn’t take this chance…

Trying not to think of depressing thoughts, I fought myself to continue to find a way, find what it was that was on us!

But it was extremely hard to see a good short-term future for us at the moment…

We missed our beloved Rexxie a lot and knew that we were getting weak because of it…Yet, we can’t go back and let him die!

It really was a messy situation!

 

I must find what is on us! But where do I start looking!? In the future sight, the thing ended up growing suddenly and then blew up moments afterwards…If only I could pin point the exact location…

But my future sight was only of what my own eyes had seen in that moment and I only saw a tiny two seconds or less on this thing that came from me…Could I somehow slow the sight down?

In my last life, I had not been able to know to much about my future sight, it just happened and I was ready to pay attention to it straight away…Of course, that had taken a lot of time to get used to, but seeing it from the age of nine, I had time to learn how to focus.

Slowing my future sight down was never something I could do though…

I thought about doing it so often yet could never accomplish it! All I could do was pay complete attention to my future sight when I saw it and go through the sight afterwards from memory.

Nonetheless, if I want to try and slow it down, it was not the time to do so, we still had to get back to the pack before they notice that we had gone in the first place!

Silently and discreetly making our way back to where we were supposed to be, I made myself to focus upon two things for the next two days…And that was to find what is on us and to look as though we had not left at all or even look as though we had accepted our fate here in the pack!

In this predicament, I felt like this is all I could do!

 

 

While Isilesah sulked, I took over, making sure to stay vigilant. I watched as some strange glances went our way and was sure that they had probably already known that we had tried to escape.

I see them talking at a long distance away, but even with my keener hearing then my last life, I could not hear what they were saying…Well, half of it wasn’t said in the open either, so there was no point in trying to figure it out…

It looks like they were onto me being ‘older’ then how I looked, and I felt that perhaps they might change their plans or something…But, what I hadn’t expected was…They showed the path directly to me again, then…Showed me a map to how I could get back to Rexxie.

Yes, I couldn’t help it, I looked at the map eagerly, wanting to know where I was and how to get back…But, I wasn’t going to fall for their trick!

Until I remove what was on us, I was not going to return!

I can’t…I can’t do that!

There was absolutely no way that I could kill my mate!

To this, I think they misjudged my abilities to see the future…Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if they never thought of me being able to do so, I suppose…

So, this thorn will stay by their side and continue to poke them over and over again!

 

That’s right…I stayed!

I stayed at this pack that was to the south west of Rexxie’s establishment. They were indeed not too close, nor too far…

The pack that had helped the puppy and I to get to Rexxie before, when I was inside my new mum’s body, was to south east, so it seems we were closer then them…What made me think more though, was that…The map showed areas in circles surrounding this one, and I really wanted to know what they meant!

But…At least now I knew where we were! And, I also knew that we couldn’t leave yet…So…

I knew that I had no choice, so I wanted to make the best of the situation!

I acted like I was wanting to stay, even calling that cruel woman ‘mummy’ with an innocent smile!

To be honest, as soon as I had made my decision to stay and ‘act’ happy, I felt better…Of course, I was still was looking for this bomb that was attached to me but until I found it, I might as well have some fun!

The cruel woman didn’t like it at all and kicked me, but it really only made me more determined to piss her off! Didn’t they want me to be like this anyway? They really only have themselves to blame!

No one bullies and schemes against me and gets away with it!

I seemed to have more fight in me now and them seeing this…Sort of made things worse!

…Now they were thinking of making me a part of their pack…

Ah, I must have acted way too good!

 

***

 

At night time, when I was ‘sleeping’, I was finally able to look for this ‘bomb’.

I got Isilesah to help me, both in wolf form and human form, yet, my skin was soft and didn’t look out of place. The only place that had a scar now, but had practically healed, was that of my shoulder…

That…Was when I remembered what they had done and got angry once again…But, I also had a slight idea.

What if…They had put this bomb into my shoulder?

Keeping this in mind, and checking the rest of my body, with Isilesah’s help, I came to the conclusion that this ‘bomb’ must have been implanted when that person had pushed into my shoulder wound that day!

That has to be it!

Was that the reason they had me shift and fight?

Had they thought of this back then?

Of course!

The more and more I thought about the sudden demand that I fight, the more it made sense that they had already wanted to put a bomb into my flesh!

It’s not something that I should digest, as I could poo it out, no…They had gone that one step further and put it into my flesh, making sure that it stays with me until the time is right!

After these questions, I also realized that I had not gone into the ring again, since that day…So they must have thought that after inserting this bomb, it was enough, that I was no longer required to fight in that stupid ring.

So, that was probably the only reason that they had put me into the ring, so they had a chance to insert this ‘bomb’…

Creepy bastards!

 

…The next question was, how was I to take it out without them knowing!?

Not only would I have a new wound, that would state that I had done something to my shoulder, but they might know due to the bomb no longer being where they would think it to be…

Do they have some kind of camera on it or something?

Isilesah and I had a few chats about what we should do now and so I spent the next two days after that trying to find out information on this bomb, yet we found nothing…

What to do?

Do we attempt to leave again, get rid of the bomb somehow on the way and then go back to Rexxie?

Or, should we try to get rid of the bomb before leaving, because then they won’t let it go off because it’s in their pack territory?

Before I knew it…Having such a predicament on my hands and still being busy, another week went by…Making it now five weeks that I had been away from my mate, my family and my home…

 

***

 

Isilesah and I tried to think of the best method to leave. She too worried of when and how we were to get rid of the ‘bomb’.

We weren’t sure how big it was or if we could even find it, making us wonder how much damage we could do to our shoulder when we tried.

With this thought, we thought it would be best to do this in the pack, as then we could heal before we ran away…But then, would the pack know that we had taken out the ‘bomb’ and just implant another one…

It really was a predicament, because then we thought we should do it after we left, knowing that we might take a while to run far enough away, because we’d have to heal…

But, as we tried to come to a decision, it became too late…

Before I knew it, I was initiated into the pack…

 

The ceremony had not happened like that in the books, no, instead it seemed a rushed event and I was forced to drink the Alpha’s blood and bend to his will as my pack master…

It sucked…I honestly thought I was worth more than this!

What about a festival or something, you know a day in the year that people get off from working…But no…There wasn’t even an extra meal for me or some booze…Well, it’s not like a two year old could drink booze but still, having it on the table would have been like saying, ‘hey were having a celebration!’.

The worst part though…Was that now my thoughts could be read when the pack members were in wolf form and I was too…

They immediately tried to get me into my wolf, and I found that they had read my thoughts, as I could read theirs…

Again, before I knew it, they acknowledged the fact that I was indeed above my years and that I was able to speak and interact with my wolf very easily…

 

Shutting down my thoughts as much as possible, I hoped that they did not know much more than that.

I had never been in a predicament where my thoughts could be read, but in my last life, there were times that I didn’t want to ‘show’ what I was thinking and would revert to singing a song or whatever in my head.

And that’s what I did…I sang songs while in wolf form…I also went on and on about how beautiful I was and how much I loved being in wolf form.

Getting carried away with myself, on most times that I was forced to shift, I took a while to snap out of it once I shifted back to human again…As I found being human was something that they couldn’t read into my mind, giving me time to relax.

I don’t think they know…I’m not sure, but if they knew that I had already left the pack once already, come back because of seeing the future and knew that I had a bomb inside of me…I’m sure they would act differently then what they were now!

5