Chapter 13
278 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…The good news is that I believe that you are still south, which means that you may be closer to master. The bad news is…At the moment, you are in between the Light Exalted Pack and the Breaker Dawn Pack, whom is another pack against master. It isn’t a very good position and I don’t know how you got here but we can’t go west because that is the ocean…So, the only way out of here, is to go east.

Frowning, I finally remembered something, wait…Wait, the reason I thought of you, was because we are a part of the Light Exalted Pack and I wanted to stop the bond to the pack!

…You were initiated? It worked?

Ye…Yeah. I can only admit this seriously, disturbing fact outright. I was completely bummed out…

Dammit! Ok, we need to cut the link first, hopefully myself doing it will be enough but…Don’t expect perfect results! If…If we only knew that it would have worked on a two-year-old, dammit, of course it works because you are already able to shift! I’m sorry that we had not done it beforehand, Darlin.

It’s ok…Mmm, even if we did it beforehand though, they would have done it anyway, breaking our link to you afterwards.

I smiled, to be honest, I felt a lot more assured then I did earlier. Seeing him made me want to burst into tears and snuggle into him, while I told him all of my complaints!

Sweetheart, you…We need to focus!

Ah, I smiled wider, I could feel his want to let me do all that just by how he had started to talk!

Isilesah and I were really very lucky, we have the best boys as our mates!

 

 

Alister came up with a quick plan, to loss our connection, while being in the water and at the same time it would also get rid of our scent. So, while in the water, he took over and bit himself, swallowing some of his blood…Which I’m sure wouldn’t work normally but, this was my body and since he was an Alpha, it was worth a shot!

And it worked!

Our bond to the Light Exalted Pack was now gone and I…I finally could feel Rexxie!

Sweetheart! Oh…Rexxie’s voice in my head! Rexxie’s pack!

Rexxie!

I’m coming Darlin, I’m coming for you! Good work, Alister!

 

Master, thank you. Seeing that she could be initiated at such a young age, I could only do it with us to rid of her last link. But just wait a moment, you do know where we are and what is in between us? To be safer, I think we should try to get away from this area first and meet with you further away from these two packs.

Silence came over the link between us and I got worried. Now that I thought about it, they were after Rexxie’s life and if he came here, in between two enemy packs, his survival rate would diminish by a lot! I couldn’t have that! As much as I was exhausted and hadn’t been with him for a long time, I couldn’t take the chance that he’d get killed just because of me…

I agree with the puppy! We’ll try and make our way to you ourselves!

That’s my girl!

I nodded inwardly at Alister and knew that Rexxie’s silence did not state that he agreed and that he wasn’t happy.

 

Rexxie, is Isilesah alright? I asked through our link.

Oh, she’s alright. I told her to get some sleep while I trusted Alister with you. I can wake her up at any time.

No, don’t wake her, let her sleep. I sighed, and then continued, she’s probably exhausted, and we might need her later to take over me when we meet up…

I heard a grunt over the link between us and I wasn’t too sure what it was about.

Finally, Rexxie’s voice came to me again, Take good care of her Alister! You must bring her to me in two hours…Or I’m coming to get her!

Master, we…Please be patient! I will bring her to you!

 

Alister and I took the silence from Rexxie to start organizing ourselves and I reminded him that I could see red and green again and how that’s been a helping hand to how we’ve survived so long without them.

Alister also guided me towards some fresh water and he sniffed out a quick catch to eat. I didn’t want any part of it, even though I knew we should eat something, but…Raw meat…Yuck…

In the end I felt better and was thankful that Alister was pretty good with his nose and able to catch something while being blinded.

Another thing that needed to happen, was for us to leave, as I could see in the distance red dots slowly become bigger and bigger. This was where our connection was cut off to them, so it was understandable why they were heading this way…In fact, now that I thought about it, perhaps they didn’t care to come earlier simply because I was still a part of their pack and they could pick me up at any time…

Nonetheless, now wasn’t the time to jump into the minds of our enemies!

We had to leave! Right now!

 

Turn to your right, love. I need to see what’s up ahead before I take over to see nothing.

You’re taking the lead? I asked. I thought that he’d tell me to run and make sure I don’t run into anything…Wasn’t that the most sensible thing to do right now?

Yes, you’re exhausted and…Shouldn’t I take the lead!? You just sit there and wait!

I nodded, even holding back a smile to how much he wanted to protect me. He wanted to be the one to save the damsel in destress…

Ok…I’ll let him!

I wanted to giggle!

In the end though, he was sort of right, I was exhausted!

But it didn’t mean that I was ready to sleep, not when we were still on the run!

With another minute to look from his eyes, even though Alister was the wolf inside me, he then took over and ran so fast that even I was freaked out!

Ah, the power…

 

Just like this, every few minutes, Alister would switch and see his surroundings and take over once again and I was lucky to not have to do anything but be at ease to my mate’s wolf taking me to my mate and his master.

On the sad chance, we did run into a tree.

In my defense, the red didn’t come up until the very last second!

He was going too fast and when I called out to stop…It was already too late!

With that, Rexxie had been anxious, because his head hurt, knowing that Alister had gotten hurt…

So weird…

If something happens to Alister, it happens to Rexxie, but…Well, I suppose it makes a lot of sense that Alister could see, whereas I couldn’t…It seemed that those two were still linked.

But, how the hell did this all happen in the first place!? How is it possible that Alister could swap places!

He did it with Chelsea’s wolf but…Rexxie had fallen into a coma like state. This time was different, Rexxie was obviously awake and feeling whatever happens to Alister…

 

I couldn’t wrap my head around the strange situation as I continued to try to help with the red, which did again become a problem in the next swap over…

It was a type of bush, I guess, and a branch scrapped past Alister’s leg, hurting Rexxie at the same time…

We had only made it halfway, but Alister decided to swap with me more often after that, so that he would no longer hurt his master and make it harder for us to continue.

Whenever I was in the lead, I couldn’t move, so that we wouldn’t lose our heading, and when Alister took back control, he raced off like he was a mad man…Excuse me, a mad wolf…

Ah, the drama’s of not being able to see!

My wounds were slightly better then before, but I still could not see, and right now, as I wished to get safely back to Rexxie, I wished to also have my eyesight back!

It wasn’t fair!

 

With red dots no longer following us, as they were searching out the area that the link had disappeared, I hadn’t looked back for a while…But when I asked Alister to look back, I found that the red dots were spanning out and looked like they were searching to the east of the lost link…

Dammit…

They must have realized that the other Alpha to the south didn’t play a part in my losing my link to them and they decided to look for me!

I don’t know if they sent many towards the water, because I simply couldn’t see red that far, but I just knew that they were searching east for us!

I think they are searching for us…

I wanted Alister to know, yet at the same time I knew that we couldn’t go any faster.

I was wounded, Alister was wounded, and through that Rexxie was wounded, and Isilesah was trying to sleep so that she could recuperate…

This wasn’t looking very good…

 

Don’t look back anymore, sweetheart…Let’s just focus upon meeting up with master.

I nodded, but still had a bad feeling about this.

This planet had phones and whatnot, they could probably find Rexxie just by seeing what direction I was running in…

Yes, I was getting extremely nervous!

Sweetheart, calm down.

Yes, calm down, Darling. I’ve already asked to get someone to pick us up, there’s no need to panic!

Hearing both Alister’s and then Rexxie’s voice trying to calm me down, I tried again to focus and do as I’m told.

The problem was, as we got closer and closer to Rexxie, I started to see red dots to our left, that were now closer to us…

It seemed that there was a small lot of Shifters watching Rexxie…

There’s some Shifters to the north. I said.

After a moment’s silence, I heard Rexxie’s voice, Trapping me in!

 

I took over one last time, looking to what we knew as ‘east’ and then Alister went running again soon after.

We were all getting slightly nervous and anxious, and I could even feel some eyes from Rexxie’s pack were watching us, while they were in their wolf forms.

There’s a nice cover, further to the south. Meet me there! I heard Rexxie say.

Yes Master! Alister stated, while changing his heading, to what I imagined as south east.

I could feel Rexxie’s link coming closer and closer…

Since we changed our heading, Alister told me to switch and then I was running, getting help by Alister, whom I could see was exhausted.

We had run practically nonstop for two hours and I was proud of him. He had been blind, injured by hitting his head and injured once again on one of his legs that had been scrapped, so it wouldn’t have been easy.

Not being able to see, but by using my nose, I finally caught on Rexxie’s fabulous scent and felt like I glided all the rest of the way to him.

“Naomi! My god, thank you for being safe!”

 

I shifted and flew into his arms, even though I couldn’t see them. I just felt like I would be caught and just like I thought as well, I was directly placed into his embraced and hugged tightly.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!” Rexxie said, his head was placed into my neck and I think both of us were calming down slowly.

I tightened my hands around his neck and snuggled into him, feeling so elated that I couldn’t reopen my eyes.

His smell, his warmth, his protective arms, his familiar voice…Ah

And just like before, as soon as we had touched, Alister returned to Rexxie and I found the sleeping Isilesah back with me…And just like her, I fell asleep too…

5