Chapter 3
254 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling the entire area slowly turn from green to red, I stopped abruptly, feeling my tail fall and become unmoving.

Oh oh…

Looking around to see nearly everywhere start to go red, I start to panic and the ‘merry’ part of myself turned serious.

Hearing rummages of leaves and bushes moving, I look around and finally…I hear a growl and as a naked man comes out, he yells out for me to shift and announce myself and where I have come from.

My eyes bulge to the sudden sight of a naked man and I immediately lower my head in complete embarrassment.

Ohmigod! A hot man is naked…

Naked…

I saw…Everything!

 

Yes, with the job I previously had and the strange feelings of right and wrong, with even the sense of understanding some kind of future…I was never able to go beyond a date or two with a man…I had never…

…Besides that, of some movies or shows that may show some skin, this was most certainly the first time I had ever seen a naked man in the flesh with my own eyes!

Why was he naked!?

Was this some kind of joke being played on me?

Having slowly fallen to the ground and then put my paws up to cover my eyes, I slightly heard chuckles through my thoughts.

It took me another moment to realise that…This might actually be normal!

That’s right! The books were somewhat the same…That being naked from shifting from wolf to human…This was normal!

Reading…And going through it…Hell, it was so different!

Even knowing about the people on Earth who had liked being naked had never gotten to me, but now…

Holy crap!

 

“Seems too innocent to be a rogue sir.”

Uh? A rogue?

“Shift!”

I felt an urge to shift come through me but then I felt the puppy awakening and he growled.

“I said, shift!”

Again, the powerful urge went through me, but the puppy finally spouted out some words.

He dares!?

Not wanting to move, because…Weren’t they still naked? I just watched the puppy growl again and hear the other men finally speak once more, “Get the Alpha. Even a Beta’s order isn’t enough for this one, yet…”

I didn’t put much thought into why the person was confused, instead, I asked the puppy about what to do.

You idiot! Why didn’t you go north!?

I did go north…I…Just don’t know for how long…

If you had gone north from where I left you, you wouldn’t have run into this pack!

I sighed…This conversation seemed irrelevant to me because, we were in the pack now and we had to find out what to do!

Dammit, such an idiot. Let me take over!

Thinking that it was probably better for the puppy to take over, since I couldn’t even open my eyes, I felt the change of being in control and closed my eyes as the puppy got up from the ground.

“Peters…”

 

Within no time at all, I heard yells and I opened my eyes to see the puppy running. His thoughts were annoyed, as he didn’t want to content with a pack until he was back with his original owner. He had tried to stay away from them on purpose!

So early, and quickly, they had run into one and it was all thanks to the idiot!

Not long after that, I was blocked from his thoughts and left alone, only to see that we had successfully exited the boundary and members of the pack…

He’s mad at me…

But seriously, what does he expect!?

I’ve never been a werewolf before, does he really think I wouldn’t check it out!?

And besides, I did try to follow his orders! It wasn’t like I was being naughty on purpose!

Getting upset, I decided that I would get some sleep while I could. Sleeping was a lot more easier then getting mad and I was certain I’d be back to normal when I woke up.

So, at the moment, it was the best plan! And without further ado, I was sleeping soundly while the puppy took over.

Of course, he had to eat something, as I hadn’t eaten anything since I took over…And…He also had to get us back on the path of going north!

 

 

After I woke up, I see that the puppy is being very cautious, and I sit up, stretching.

I didn’t like how I’d feel much of what he felt, because it had indeed interrupted my sleep!

It was night-time now and I was pretty sure we were no longer in a bush…

Seeing the puppy trot from one hiding place to another, lower his head and looking around, I start to finally wonder why he felt cautious and noticed that the redness could be seen in my sight.

There’s danger ahead.

I know already!

Already, he was losing patience with me! I really didn’t like it! I had only woken up and didn’t need his angry tone to make me mad again!

Go left!

Having seen a greener sight, I had to tell him! Hell, I agree to staying out of danger!

Why should I listen to you!

Go left!

I heard a growl, but…Strangely, I see him move towards the greener area and I sigh in relief.

Where are we?

The edges of the human town of Knort.

What the hell? What kind of name is that? Never heard of it! And no…That does not really help me!

Are we far away are we from your original master?

Silence followed my question and I felt him block me once again…

Well…This was so much fun!

 

 

After that, I was unable to go back to sleep and just watched what the puppy saw, thinking back to those movies that you could only see through a camera.

It was…Annoying! I really hated those movies!

But…Seeing redness around the scenery, I was happy to keep the puppy in charge. I wasn’t stupid, I knew I was weak in this type of place. I had no idea how to defend myself in any kind of respect!

I learnt very basic defence, but…That was ages ago and I really didn’t want to depend on that knowledge if I had too…And, finally accepting my total inadequacy, I realised that I should learn how to become a bit more stronger, as…To live in this world, learning was probably a must!

Sighing, I watched as the puppy raced across a beach or bank of a dam and shot into the new upcoming bush.

He really was an interesting one, he seemed to know the ins and outs of this entire place! Had he been a traveller or something?

Was he…A rogue?

Shuttup! You are the rogue, not me! When I get back to my original master, you can go your own way!

Uh? So, he had put his ‘blocker’ down once again uh?

I wish I could get used to this!

It was all so new, even though I had read about it in my past life! I mean, I hadn’t been the werewolf story fan, I read other stories too, but I swear I should be a lot more adapting to what I am now!

Sighing once again, I figured that I should review everything I knew and what the girl knew, so I wouldn’t come off so much like an idiot anymore…

 

 

Over the next day, I became aware of the things that I didn’t care to see earlier.

Obviously, shifters can go from wolf to human, and being naked was normal. There were packs, some good and some bad. There were rogues and normal humans and even the occasional witch or shaman?

The pack the girl had been in, was called ‘South Valley Pack’, and they had been known as a ‘good’ pack. Guessing that if it was a ‘bad’ pack, it wouldn’t have mattered if the girl had become known that she was the Beta’s child. But, since the pack had good standards and rules, where ‘mates’ came first, the Beta abandoning his pre-mate child was probably considered against the rules...

There were many packs on this continent, and it was large. We integrated ourselves into the human world and we were known about with the humans.

I don’t know much but apparently there had been a war at some stage, but it looks like we weren’t fighting each other currently.

Because some mates could be human, our race of shifters had tried to stay at peace…Some minority ruined it for majority though and that was why the first war had started.

Just like the books, there’s Luna’s and Alpha’s, then there’s also Omega’s.

I was such an Omega and we were shunned a lot but weren’t just killed off for no reason, unless a ‘bad’ pack does it secretly…To that, I don’t know anything else…

But, by the looks of it, rogues can lose themselves if they are ‘wild’ too much. Since leaving the girl’s pack, I had indeed gone rogue and since we had no connection to any other wolf, we could fall under being ‘wild’ and might even lose ourselves in time. It seems that ‘shifters’, or ‘werewolves’, here relied upon having a connection and without one, that is what they call rogues…

I guess now, I realised why the puppy was somewhat in a rush…

…I didn’t know…

Even knowing now, I still didn’t feel worried for some reason. I didn’t feel any different, nor did I feel like we would end up that way. In fact, I hadn’t even known when our connection to the girl’s pack had gone! Nonetheless, now that I knew a little bit more about this new world, I was still not worried…

 

Seeing the future in very small aspects, I was sure that, for now, we were fine.

But…Seeing the future, was not always something good…

The reason why I like to be ‘merry’ a lot, is because I’ve seen a lot of death. It’s not pretty, even if it’s seeing my customer’s die in a ‘good’ way. It was something that I could never get rid of, and since I saw death so much, I found my life to become precious and simply something that I could not let go of easily.

Life was indeed too short and when I see the death of someone, when I do their fortune, most of the time I can only give back false future’s or give them their money back. Through this way, I had lost money and I had gained bad reviews, but what was I to do?

Having told two people of their impending deaths had led me to disaster and I decided to no longer tell a future like that anymore…

I had hated seeing some people’s future’s so much, yet, it was something I was always good at, a natural talent.

Now…By the looks of it, it had followed me here, into this life and…The green and red…It seemed to help me ‘see’ a good and bad path before me.

I wish I had known about it earlier, then I wouldn’t have died previously!

Oh well…

 

As I see the puppy eat and drink the next morning, he then finally spoke to me.

You’re turn, but you better do as you are told this time!

I shrugged. I had nothing better to do, why wouldn’t I try to follow his order…Unless of course I saw red!

Do you see the sun? It rises in the north here, follow it until it is noon, then it should be behind u after.

Really? Earth was different…But…Hearing his voice and how patient he was with me, made me happy and forgot this difference in the worlds easily.

I nod my head and found myself in control once again…I really needed to learn how to do that!

Looking ahead, where the puppy left the wolf, I nod, so that way was north uh?

I did wonder…Did he do this last time as well, having the wolf facing the direction of travel? Haha, if he did, I hadn’t noticed!

Maybe that was why I had ended up travelling another direction last time, because my thought of ‘north’ with the sun was different…Whatever…

This was a piece of cake! I can do this!

As I trotted through the bush, seeing a side of it come to an end, but continue on the other side, I guessed it was better to move a bit to be inside the bush. As far as I was aware, being seen in the open was probably something the puppy would get mad at me for.

Hearing a sigh and seeing him close his eyes to sleep, I narrowed my eyes…It seemed he had watched me, probably not trusting me one tiny bit!

This puppy was driving me crazy!

I am not a puppy!

Humph!

Seeing green, I continue to trot through the bush and luckily, I didn’t feel hungry or thirsty…

6