Chapter 14
184 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Frowning, to what felt like being in a moving vehicle, I felt vaguely aware that I was not in a bed.

Feeling so tired, I worked hard to open my eyes, to a blurry sight.

Narrowing my eyes, trying to see better, I guessed it was land and then I became aware of arms tightly holding onto me.

I don’t know how long I was out, but it took me a while to understand why I was on land, to what looked like the middle of nowhere!

‘Looked’ in this description purely meant that I really wasn’t sure because it was all mostly blurry…To a degree, I felt like I could be possibly be dreaming still!

And I really was questioning upon why my eyesight was so terribly bad!

 

Upon finally remembering our dire situation, and that my eyesight had actually gotten better and not worse, I move my head to see the other side, from over Rexxie’s shoulder, and then I work up!

…Now I understood why Rexxie was running!

Those red dots had gotten so close that I didn’t need the red dots anymore! Blurry figures that were moving and growling were in sight, quickly catching up to us!

“Rexxie!?”

“Hush…” I heard him breathing heavy and I wondered how long he had been running for.

“How long was I out?” Rubbing my eyes and trying to pay attention.

“Don’t worry, Sweetheart, even if you were sleeping for a week…” He took a fast breath, “I would protect you!”

 

Squinting my eyes, I looked up, to see that the sky seemed dark.

I really wanted to know what that meant…Was it night-time? Or was it possibly dawn?

But even if I knew…What would that mean?

When I was blind, I had not much of an idea upon what time of day it was, so…Even if I knew if it was night or not, it wouldn’t give me any answer to how long I was sleeping for!

Holding onto Rexxie tighter, I see that Isilesah was also waking up and begun to move.

Do you know anything, Isilesah?

Not much, my dear, I was focusing on healing us.

…Oh…

 

Seeing the blurry moving figures come even closer, I was suddenly taken and placed securely on the ground.

Squinting, I saw a big blurry figure cover most of my eyes sight and I knew that it was Rexxie in his wolf form. The problem was…Red dots weren’t just in front of Rexxie, as I turned my head and saw a few to my other side, now slowly creeping towards me…

What do I do!?

Honey, let me take over!

Isilesah might not be able to see the red dots, like I did, but she had keen hearing, able to know that there was indeed a second lot of wolves approaching us.

 

I don’t know what it was though, but I found Isilesah quite confident when it came to her ears…Well more confident than the last time that we fought…So, I let her go forward, as her confidence was bigger then mine and well…Me in human form, at two years old, what could I do!?

In no time at all, Isilesah had gone into wolf form and snarled at the other approaching red dots, backing herself up to Rexxie.

I forbid you to get hurt!

Hearing Rexxie’s voice in our heads, both of us were delighted, even though it wasn’t the best of times to feel that way.

 

I don’t know what was going on, but as growls and wolf steps could be heard, no attacks had been made yet.

Seeing what Isilesah saw, I noticed also that we were being completed circled by red dots, making me start to really panic…

My heart started to race and the intense killing aura’s surrounding me started to make me tremble as well…

Calm down, honey, you need to focus and help me…Remember!?

Hearing Isilesah’s voice didn’t really help me!

Back when we were running away from The Light Exalted Pack, only three had been around!

Now…Now we were surrounded by what looked about twenty, or thirty…More…

I was realistic here!

Forgive me for thinking that we didn’t have a chance!

 

Focus!

Taking a deep breath and shaking my head, in her head, I squinted.

Dammit!

Closing my eyes, I again took another deep breath, but it seems the attack had already started!

I wasn’t ready yet!

I…I needed to…

Forcing myself to pay more attention, I suddenly felt a scratch upon my waist, making me wince.

To your right! I state quickly. Even if I wasn’t ready yet, I couldn’t miss the red dot just about ready to overcome us!

Isilesah used her nose, as well as her teeth to sink into something on the right. She had the same eyesight as I did, so she could hope to see what she was doing was right.

Having suddenly turned her head, two lots of heads knocked together, so she did not actually bite into anything.

Left!

 

After my yell, Isilesah quickly turned left and ducked her head. Since she was down there, she went to go bite the foot of the other wolf but felt the wolf being close to being on top of her, so she quickly rolled to her back and went straight for the wolf’s throat!

Biting hard and ripping to the best of her ability, Isilesah felt the wolf fall and quickly went to get up but was not able to get away from a bite upon her hind leg from another wolf.

Yelping to the bite, the wolf only let her go when a big wolf rammed itself into it, taking along it’s throat, before it continued to attack another wolf trying to get at Isilesah.

Getting up, Isilesah sniffed and I stated, Left.

Isilesah then turned left and knocked her head once again on the side of another wolf.

Shaking her head, because of the impact, I quickly say Left, once again.

 

Isilesah was getting upset that she wasn’t doing so well but really, how could two do well against twenty or thirty, especially when one couldn’t see properly!

Focusing more, Isilesah used all her instincts to further her defence!

He went behind us!

Isilesah already knew, so she ran forwards, out of the encircled area and it seemed to break away the circle into two areas. Some red dots stayed behind, while a few followed after Isilesah…

Isilesah trotted and turned around, focusing upon her task and was ready to fight!

Two in front of us, three behind them and one further away to our right. I stated.

Hearing the footsteps, Isilesah backed away, only to go for the furthest wolf on the left in the front and not only shielded herself with that wolf from an attack but got up on her hind legs and bit into the fur at the neck, pushing it sideways.

 

Ripping at what was in her mouth, she then used all her might to take it with her when she went to go around the back of the wolf, towards one of the ones that was behind it.

Having smelt that wolf go around, nearly the be behind us now, I quickly stated what Isilesah already knew.

To your left!

And so Isilesah raced towards the wolf, and further away from the rest of the attackers.

The other wolf backed down, lowering himself. It seemed like he or she didn’t expect what just happened and was surprised.

Isilesah rammed herself into the wolf and the wolf lost its balance and fell, seeing in its last moments another biting at their neck.

 

It wasn’t easy to always have the attackers to be in front of you but Isilesah was doing a great job at it for the moment.

They had the numbers but didn’t expect for a two-year old’s wolf to be one that seems to have a talent at surviving!

I wondered though, if they were trying to keep us alive and that’s why they hadn’t gone directly to kill us, if anything it seemed they wanted to hurt us so that we would stop fighting…

Rexxie is to your left, go there!

Isilesah followed my command, trusting me unconditionally, and I continued, one is behind him, slightly more to your left!

In no time at all, Isilesah jumped towards an attacker, that wanted to get at Rexxie, taking his neck along with the few others that she has taken.

Snorting out some unwanted juices, Isilesah shook her head and I saw Rexxie take one of the ones that had followed Isilesah from her attackers.

 

Once again, we were together, with a few less attackers then last time.

Sweetheart, I thought I told you not to get hurt!

Then strike these bastards down! I yelled back at Rexxie!

As you command, Princess!

With that, Rexxie raced back into combat and I stated left again, for Isilesah to know the closest attacker.

Seeing a red dot race towards us, I panicked and quickly said right! Right!

Isilesah immediately turned, seeing someone pouncing at her and she quickly jumped into the wolf, knocking both of them down to the ground with a thump, yet…Isilesah used that time to quickly rib out the throat of the wolf, before racing off.

I frowned, two are to our right, one in front and one to our left! Why did you do that!?

 

Isilesah, hearing my words and focusing, went left, charging into the wolf and raising her claws to the face of the wolf.

Running again, I explained her new surroundings and then I started to understand Isilesah’s defending technique.

I wouldn’t say it was an awesome one, but it seems this was how she defended herself against a large number of attackers.

She would try to move the attackers around but still not have one behind her. Most of the time she went for a side, to attack one wolf, but when she didn’t and went another way she tried to take out more than one at time. I don’t know what decision she would make because it all seemed to be random!

…I was adapting to what she did though, making me pretty proud of myself…

We made a good team!

 

We did indeed get a few scratches on us and another bite on our shoulders but Isilesah was focusing too much to feel it.

I felt it! Boy did I feel it, it hurt so much that I was losing my focus.

I winced to the pain and clenched my teeth together.

Upon forcing myself to focus once again, I would see Rexxie help us out of a bind and then I would then help Rexxie out from being attacked from behind…

That became our routine…

 

After what felt like five days, a crazy number of Shifters were laying dead all around us and a few Shifters quickly scattered off, not wanting to get killed.

Both Rexxie and I were completely exhausted…Same too with Alister and Isilesah…

Both wolfs stared in the distance, on guard, yet they could hardly stay on the feet much longer…I know…Our legs were shaking so much that I was sure Isilesah was going to fall at any second!

Rexxie’s wolf came up to us, giving a very quiet huff and then licked one of our wounds, making Isilesah snarl at him.

She had focused so much that the lick gave her a complete fright because of the pain that came with it.

Knocking his wolf head into hers, Isilesah quickly stopped her snarl and shook her head, falling down in the next moment…I could tell that her adrenaline was gone now…She was completely exhausted!

I was put in control and I looked up at the big wolf licking me.

 

Sticking out my own tongue, I wagged my tail and closed my wolf eyes.

Ah, I felt so loved!

Feeling the big wolf continue to lick our wounds, I put my head down lazily and let out a big breath.

Twitching slightly to the pain, I didn’t move away from my mate’s touch. Putting a paw on his wolf head, I turned over, wagging my tail more.

Hearing a grunt, I looked up and let my tongue out again.

We hadn’t been able to play much while in our wolf forms earlier, and since lately I haven’t had playtime because I was more of a slave, so I felt thrilled to do this right now!

5