Chapter 20
92 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rex was thinking of mates, then ages…

Age was definitely something new. His sweetheart was not the normal Shifter, she was still young and really…Does the normal rules still apply or not?

If she had been of age, there probably wouldn’t even be a problem whatsoever but that was the wall here, age…

Since Shifters didn’t get their wolves and find their mates till eighteen normally, this really was new territory, a new and unknown idea…

Marking a twelve, thirteen-year-old...Will it hurt her? Will it...Be something that will look bad upon her?

If only the little treasure had not brought it up!

Now...He was unable to let the thought go so easily!

He and Alister wanted to mark her! They wanted to complete the bond but of course, they knew it was too early!

What a little tease!

 

Rex could only sigh and bring his mate close to him.

Both of them still needed time...

She needed to grow up!

And he...He needed to stop thinking of 'completing' the bond until a further date!

It wasn't that hard, after all, to stop thinking of it. Whether it was his wolf or him, they didn't dare to harbor feelings that would be beyond her age.

He will continue to act the father or brother that she would need, right until she was ready for them to advance further beyond that!

Yes, for a while he wondered, as he was a man with his treasured mate after all, but he was quick into falling back into his original thoughts and feelings. As…He would never hurt or take advantage of her in that way!

But...The idea of marking...That is something he did want to look up!

 

If he could mark his treasured mate, half completing the bond between them, then he will do so!

Having his scent all over her because of the mark, basically stating that she was his, would probably stop a lot of things! Of course, it would add on a better link between them, with other things as well, but her being marked would mean that he had chosen his mate!

The rumors would seize and not become a reality and then everyone would know for certain!

It really was such…A good idea…That’s if it could be done to begin with though.

Everyone was normally eighteen when marking and mating was done, so knowledge of marking without being intimate was something Rex didn’t know about…

He will wait patiently for her to grow, to complete their bond, but if he could mark her earlier…

Yes...He will look this up with some loyal people and...And he will also talk to her about it.

Tightening his hold of the girl, Rex easily fell asleep, relaxed and content...

 

 

Feeling like something was real, I suddenly woke up, with Rex by my side, holding me tight.

He was sleeping so soundly that I dared not to move to wake him.

It had been so long that we had been so close!

How could I not make the best of it!

I smiled and closed my eyes, holding tighter to the arms around me and sighed.

Why, all of a sudden, did I feel that everything was fine once again?

Was it because we finally broke down that barrier? Was it because we finally touched each other again, reminding us on how perfect we were together?

 

Unable to stop myself, I spent a long time slowly turning around to face Rexxie.

He was so handsome, so perfect to me!

Was being in love something like mates? Or was it more powerful to have a destined mate?

Perhaps they were two totally different things...

Touching those lips of his, his cheekbones, that chin...I nearly squirmed my body in delight, stopping myself quickly.

Do I really have to wait so long to be even closer to him!?

It had been years now, years of only seeing him as a father or brother figure...

Hang on just a minute! How was I thinking such thoughts!?

 

I was only...Thirteen!

Actually, I wasn’t thirteen just yet, which was even worse! But…My birthday was soon…

It doesn’t matter, dufus!

But…

...It wasn't like thirteen-year old’s didn't know how to love, I suppose.

They could have crushes and wants to kiss a man!

Then, I remembered that idea of marking.

Isilesah was immediately paying attention then...Could she hear my inner thoughts?

Oh...Was it because I had unconsciously placed my fingers to Rexxie's neck?

I heard the basics of markings and was sure that it never had come to pass to mark someone as young as thirteen before...Simply because wolves didn't appear until an eighteenth birthday.

Most times, the female didn't bite the male...Yet...Why did I have the extreme want to bite his neck, right this second!

 

If only I saw a light, either that of red or green, but I didn't...

I leaned forward unconsciously and tried to get more comfortable, finding myself right up next to his neck, suddenly going crazy!

My body was just moving on its own!

Isilesah!

Can't help it...

Seeing a slight green color in the place that I wanted to bite him, I just lost all resolve and Isilesah suddenly took over!

 

What the hell was going on!?

I was just happy to finally be in my mate’s arms and suddenly I see Isilesah biting into Rexxie!

Was he going to die!?

What would happen!?

A new and updated link was formed straight after Isilesah bit into Rexxie's flesh and I knew that he was awake now but was not pushing me back.

He groaned into my own neck, while Isilesah finished and licked for a moment. Then, as Isilesah swapped back to me, I pulled back, hurriedly saying, "I'm sorry!"

Feeling me pushed into him again, I heard Rexxie grunt, holding me tight.

 

After a moment of silence, Rexxie finally said, "I...Didn't expect that..."

I was washed over by his feelings, now that his shock was gone, and I felt his conflicted happiness over what just happened.

"I was having enough trouble with wanting to mark you but then...You throw everything out the window and mark me instead!" Rexxie stated, then let out a small chuckle.

"I...I don't know why, but suddenly I felt like..."

Rexxie pulled back, looking at me with such gentleness in his eyes that I stopped talking, only for him to say, "You had too?"

I nodded, somewhat in a daze.

 

His eyes were shining, making me ever so trapped. It was just me and him, there wasn't even a world, another person or even space.

Tingles were now even stronger and both of us seemed to have the same idea of wanting to explore our new and improved link between us.

Rexxie kissed me on my forehead, touching my face and I hugged him, falling so perfectly into his embrace.

"You smell even better now..." Rexxie stated in husky words.

"So do you." I stated back.

Our hands connected then, as he clasped his fingers through mine, and I think both of us sighed.

 

"I don't know anyone where the female had bitten the male...It's...A mythical type thought." Rexxie stated, kissing me on the forehead again.

"Apparently it's been done but there isn't much about it. I know I shouldn’t have done it without at least looking it up but...I don't think it will be bad for us." I said, bringing our clasped hands up to my chest.

"Shifters are well known to 'complete' a bond through body and blood but having a marking done like this, what will it mean?" Rexxie asked, which sounded like he wasn't just talking to me.

I snuggled even further into his embrace, so relaxed and content that I was thrown into a new way of tiredness. "I just...I just wanted more. I guess it was because of this...This bodies age..."

Without more prompting, I fell into a sleep, not knowing that my Rexxie was so smitten to hear me say that, that he had never been happier in all his life!

 

He had been worried, even a bit scared that his mate’s emotions and the past of her going out often was her taking steps away from him.

Now, seeing how she had wanted more, and so boldly at that, and having admitted to him so openly only made things even more questionable.

Knowing that her upbringing had indeed gone a bit haywire, considering that she had been bullied and had even attacked someone, he hadn’t known what else to do but take her into his arms and show her how much she meant to him.

Finally, he felt like he was obtaining what he held most dear to him!

It was now time for him to openly state his wishes to everyone!

His mark would be all that was needed and with these laxed thoughts, Rex fell asleep easily…

 

***

 

The next day, it became obvious very quickly that a scent was on the King, which led shortly after by seeing a mark now on his neck.

Many things were stated, even before Rex could say things himself!

He was a King after all, so any news about him would fly everywhere very quickly!

Upon finally getting his closest aids to his room, having asked for them an hour earlier, half of them already had an idea on what the King was going to say!

“It seems, the news has already gotten out.” Rex stated, sighing in dismay.

He had wanted to tell the whole world that his mate had claimed him! It was such good news and should be his to share but now…Now it was like getting a present that’s already been unwrapped!

 

“Is this of your choice, My King?”

Of course, the first to say something and say it in a way that the King may be a victim…Was Danika’s father!

Rex looked at him squarely and showed a deep smile on his face, “If I knew this could be done, I would have asked my mate to do it upon her birth!”

Yes, he wanted everyone to know that he had always been loyal to his mate! He had always wanted her! His Naomi!

“Congratulations, My King!” Came two responses but still, Danika’s father said nothing of congratulations!

 

“Then what of it of your first heir then? Danika will be heartbroken, like she has been used to only carry your child!”

Silence entered the area and Rex narrowed his eyes. “If you believe that child as mine, you will only make a fool of yourself!”

Rex was very positive in knowing that child wasn’t his and…It wasn’t like they lived in historical days were tests couldn’t be done!

If it got to a point where evidence was required, then he’d do it but…He’d much prefer to get Danika’s help with that instead because…Well it would only prove that he, the King, was the one being used!

 

The problem was, no one had known that Danika had gotten pregnant till this very moment. Not only that but…The King so openly disregarding the child as his, when everyone knew that he had been intimate with her recently…

“It’s true…” Came a voice at the door.

Rex turned to see Danika…Who looked absolutely terrible.

Finally, Rex understood what was going on!

Danika must also be a victim!

Before anything more happened, Rex quickly got up and went to Danika, “Do you know where your mate is being held?”

 

Even though he used a light voice, everyone heard it and Danika’s father was speechless.

Danika looked up at Rex, then turned to her father, seeing him narrow his eyes at her and she shivered.

Closing her eyes, she didn’t know what to do!

If she were to state a lie, only to have easy evidence to prove it was not the truth, she’ll be in trouble later but…

“I promise to find your mate!” Rex stated, looking directly into her eyes. “So, tell me, do you know where your mate is being held?”

“No…” Was all Danika stated, somewhat lifelessly.

Whatever path she took, she knew neither of them were easy but…The one that meant to most to her…Was her mate!

And that was what Rex thought as well, simply because he felt the exact same way!

3