Chapter 2: Some frustration!
318 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Valerie where are you?'' Right now a beautiful woflkin was walking around a mansion and trying to find something or someone. This white-grey collared beastkin was Emine, and right now she was trying to find her daughter.

When Emine gave birth a few months prior to her little bun, she didn't expect her to be this handful this early on. Valerie was an active child, the moment she learned how to crawl she would try to explore the mansion at every instant she can.  The first time it happened the whole mansion was in chaos trying to find her, in the end, they found her under the stairs. 

Emine has a friend who gave birth to a child two years back, and her friend's child as far as she knew wasn't that active. Although this friend of hers was a human as well as her child, she was sure that even a beastkin's child shouldn't be this active. Even though beastkins children mature faster than humans until a certain stage, Valerie was a special case, at least that's what Emine thought.

It wasn't that Valerie was some exception, it's just that she was too active. Valerie was always a calm child, only crying when she needed something, but when she learned to crawl it all changed. In the beginning, it was okay, because Emine always was with her if she decided to crawl around the mansion, or if she needed to take care of some work, she would ask Mari or sometimes a different servant to take care of Valerie.

But Valerie was a little bit too active as she could crawl around for hours on end. At first, it was okay because her stamina didn't allow for too much of that, but whit time she could crawl longer and faster,  making them unable to always watch her, because there were times when the household was too busy, with guests or work, plus crawling around mansion unattended was dangerous for Valerie. So they decided to limit her time she could crawl around mansion.

And with that started Valerie's antics of trying to sneak out, usually, 9 out of 10 times she gets caught before she can go anywhere, but there are times like these, where she needs to go search her. 

''Ah!''

''Valerie there you are!'' Turning around the corner she saw her daughter trying to walk while her hands were pressed against the wall, but the moment she saw her mother she dropped on all fours and started to crawl away as fast as she possibly could. 

''No you don't young missy!'' But she was easily caught by Emine, as Valerie couldn't speak yet to complain, she just made a pouting face, puffing her cheeks at her mother.

But it did nothing as her mother only chuckled at her expression and carried her back to her room. 

---------*----------

*knock* *knock* While Emine was trying to put Valerie to sleep, someone knocked on the room's door.

''Come in.'' With Emine's permission, a came in a catkin, with short brown hair and brown eyes, wearing a maid uniform. It was Mari and right now she was holding some kind of letter in her hand, which she gave to Emine. Receiving the envelope Emine created a small knife made out of ice and used it to cut open the envelope.

'Magic!' That was the first thought that came to Valerie, this was the first time she saw someone use it this close. Yes, she has seen servants use magic tools or some magic for everyday tasks, but even then she had seen that from afar when her mother took her out when she couldn't even crawl.

Valerie found out that being a baby wasn't much fun, because all you do is, sleep, eat, cry and sometimes make your parents and people around happy by just smiling, and most of that she had enough in her previous life. At first, she decided maybe she could train her magic or mana control the same way as all the protagonists she had read about in novels, but no such luck, she just couldn't do it as nothing worked, she tried concentrating, and she thought she felt something, but at the end, that something was her fart, so no magic for her, at least for now.

She thought maybe she has some talent or skill for magic but no, her [Status] didn't show that she has any, and those asking, yes she has checked her status screen but it was nothing much, it looks like this:

++++++++++

Name: Valerie Blueleaf

Class: -

Species: Beastkin (Rabbitkin)

Skills: [Lower regeneration(Lv.2)]

++++++++++

From this, she found out she had one skill, her name, and what she was. She had inherited her father's sub-species as rabbitkin, and his red eyes, and her mother's white hair, although she herself didn't have the gray undertone to them as her mother. As for why her one and only skill right now was at Lv.2, was because she got bruised one time while trying to stand and walk for the first time. It wasn't anything bad and it didn't really hurt, but she could see that slowly her bruise healed, although pretty slow but still visible with a naked eye.

But back on track, Valerie learned the language pretty fast and started to understand people around her a little over a month after she was born, but she still wasn't capable of speech. But she didn't really care about that too much as she was more focused on learning how to walk, because now she can move freely without fear of slipping and dying, so she wanted to explore the mansion with her newfound healthy baby body.

''UGHH... when will those bastards understand that I'm not going back to smithing until my daughter is older. Mari, burn this letter and send back a response to the sender, and just write on the response word, no, with big letters, maybe the will they finally understand, I had enough being polite.'' Valerie's inner monologue about her new life was interrupted by frustrated Emine, it sounded that someone was bothering her again and her patients has runned out.

But Valerie was more interesting about her mother mentioning smithing, the first thing that came to mind was blacksmithing. Now she was interested if her mother was a blacksmith, but her excitement calmed down fast and in its place came tiredness and so she fell asleep.

---------*----------

''Let's see, heat it until it turns green, and then add some ogre blood.'' Right now in what looked like a lab, was a black-haired rabbitkin making a potion of somesort, and as he was making it he registered every action he took and every reaction he saw in a journal that was near him.

He looked quite immersed in this process, *TUD*, but as he was doing all this the only door in this room was pushed open with force making quite a sound, but even then he wasn't disturbed and continued his experiment.

''Please wait a bit Emine, just let me finish this real quick.'' Alvis didn't need to look back to know who had entered his lab, because the only one who would come in without knocking was his wife. So he heard some shifting behind him and the silence, indicating that his wife decided to stay and let him finish.

It didn't take long for him to finish because he was almost done he just needed to do the last step, so after the brew was ready he poured it un a glass container and closed it. He didn't analyze it before putting it in one of the closets, because his wife was waiting for him right now and he could analyze it tomorrow.

''Done?'' After putting everything back in its place, and hearing Emine's question, ''Yes.'' he was done.

''You look exhausted, did Valerie sneak out again?'' Looking at his wife Alvis was little concerned, although he knew Emire was a tough woman he still cared for her dearly, and today she looked more exhausted than usually.

''Yes she did, but I'm not like this because of her, I'm like this because someone sent a letter to me, again, asking if I could make them a weapon.'' The more Emire talked the more irritated she got, and Alvis could see that. So he walked up to her and hugged her, comforting her. 

''Feeling better?'' They stayed like this for a few minutes before separating.

''Yes.'' After this little moment they went back to their bedroom to sleep, well that was at least the plan Alvis had in mind, but that didn't happen, because Emire was still somewhat frustrated so she used that energy in the bedroom.

 

12