Chapter 5: Start of goal
228 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Are you sure about this Valerie?'' 

''Yes.'' Right now Valerie was holding a knife over her finger ready to stab it, while her mother and father watched her with health potions near them and ready to get used at any given moment. And some of the servants who were on break or just had nothing to do were here too, some were watching with intrigue some with concern in their eyes. 

Right now Valerie was getting ready to try and get two of the resistance skills, and a knife was a good tool for that. When her mother finished her lecture about the System, they recommended for Valerie to try and open her System menu, so that she knew how it was. But as she had already learned how to do it she did it easily, and after opening her System menu she told her parents about the [Lower regeneration] skill she had. 

When she told them about that, her parents were both surprised and happy about it because it meant that their daughter will heal from injuries somewhat faster than normal, plus it was a skill she was born with, as for how they knew she was born with it, was because for some reason you couldn't get skills until you're 5 years old. 

Another thing she discovered was that if she gets a skill from the System she can choose to accept it or reject it. If a skill is accepted then it will take one of her empty skill slots, or if all of them are full then they would ask which she wants to trade it for. But if a skill is rejected then it would disappear, and if she wanted to get a skill that she rejected before, then it would be easy to make it appear than the first time it appeared. For example, if she rejected [Running] skill then to make it appear she needed to repeat what she did the first time she got it to show up, in this instant she needs to run, but if the first time she needed to run about 10 minutes to get it, the second time she needs to run only about 7 minutes to get the option to get it.

As for why she was getting ready to stab her finger and no one was stopping her? She told her parents she wanted to acquire all the resistance skills in the world. Valerie's wish took her parents by a surprise, and when they asked her 'why?', she answer that she wanted an unbeatable body, a body that would never break. So they agreed to help her, but not because they wanted to see her hurt herself, but because they were worried she would do it behind their back if they didn't support her.

''Okey, ready-''

''WAIT STOP! Let me do it.'' As Valerie was ready to stab her finger Emine intervened by grabbing Valerie's hand that was holding the knife stopping her from stabbing her finger.

Valerie didn't say anything and just gave Emine the knife, she knew that her mother was just worried, so if this helped to relieve some of her worries Valerie didn't mind, after all, nothing changed if she stabs herself or someone else does it. 

''Ok, we will start small. Here I go.'' Emine didn't like hurting her daughter, but at the same time she was scared that Valerie might stab herself too deep as she is only 5 years old, so Emine took it upon herself with the stabbing. She took Valerie's finger and poked it a little, just enough to draw some blood.

Valerie winced a little bit, but that was it, and thanks to the [Lower regeneration] her little wound started to close up slowly. The wound wasn't big, it would heal pretty fast by itself, but with the skill, it took only a minute to close it up. After it closed up Emine cleaned the blood and then looked up to her daughter, but Valerie shook her head, meaning she didn't get offered the skill. So Emine took a breath and stabbed the finger again, but this time a little deeper. The same thing happened but this time the wound took a little longer to close. They repeated this action until.

[Would you like to acquire ''Pierce resistance''?]

Seeing this Valerie automatically accepted the skill, and when her mother looked at her again this time she nodded with a big grin on her face, she just got her first resistance skill. So without hesitation, she accepted the skill, and all she had to do to accept it was just think about accepting it. After she accepted the skill she looked at her Systems menu.

 

++++++++++

Name: Valerie Blueleaf

Class: -

Species: Beastkin (Rabbitkin)

Skills: [Lower regeneration(Lv.4)] [Pierce resistance(Lv.1)]

++++++++++

Seeing that she really got the skill, Valerie was happy and because of this, she couldn't wait to get the next resistance skill. This time it would be her father who would be helping her, as he is more experience with making precise movements with a knife. The next skill she wanted to get was a [Cut resistance] skill, and to get that she needs to cut a knife across her flesh, so it is important not to cut open some major blood vessels.

After feeling ready Valerie stretched her arm to her father, who inspected it to see where the appropriate place to cut would be so that nothing goes wrong, but in case something actually goes wrong they have plenty of healing potions. After Alvis was done inspecting he took the knife and with the utmost concentration cut her arm. And so started the same process where Alvis would cut her and Valerie would shake her head until she got the skill.

[Would you like to acquire ''Cut resistance''?]

A similar message popped in front of her and with a nod, she accepted the skill, now she has two resistance skills and Valerie was excited, and couldn't wait to get more resistance skills, but that would have to wait. Valerie made a deal with her parents, that they would help her with her resistance skills but with the supervision of one of them at least, until she is old enough. And Valerie was okay with that because that didn't hamper her plans, plus it possibly would help her because, let's be real if you have a chance to get advice from someone who has more experience with the System, why not use it.

''I'm going out to train.'' After Valerie got over her excitement of getting the two skills, she decided to go train, after changing her clothes to something more appropriate for it.

''Stay safe.'' Valerie started training recently, a little over a week ago, she asked for her 5. birthday a training space for her, and her parents happily agreed. It was nothing big just a space that had a few dummies with iron armor, which by the way was crafted by her mother, yes Emine got back to doing her craft about a year ago, little after Valerie turned 4 years old.

Valerie didn't usually use the dummies, she was more focused on building her body, endurance, muscles, flexibility, and a few other things so that she could be in top health. Valerie found out that beastkin can start training all these things, earlier than humans, so she took advantage of that fact. Valerie liked to improve her body, to make it stronger, more durable, the idea of her body becoming better excited her, so sometimes she got a bit too immersed, so there were one or two servants that were on standby, just in case.  

Yes, Valerie in week's time had worried her parents so that they put someone to watch her. The first day she started training was okay, nothing bad or crazy happened, but the second day was a whole other story, Valerie tried to do as many different exercises possible, without a break until she collapsed. They found her lying in sand passed out not moving, so when her parents found out about that, they put some rules for Valerie and her training, and one of these rules was that a servant was to watch her and make sure she doesn't overexert herself. And Valerie has to listen to the servant, meaning if they say she needs to take a break, she needs to take a break no questions asked.

Valerie got to her training area, with a servant in tow. She stretched her body after that was done she ran a bit for a warm-up and started her training. Valerie had to take short breaks from time to time, to hydrate and to rest a little bit. As there wasn't too much of anything else that interested her Valerie spent her time training until it was time for lunch. 

 

9