Chapter 14: Beheading
159 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''YAWN~'' It was the next morning, and Valerie felt great. Stretching her limbs out she was ready for the day. Hopping out of bed she looked around her room, not really remembering how she got here, but frankly, she didn't care, because it was the first time in a while when her mother didn't need to pull out of her bed.

*Knock* *knock*, while she was getting ready someone knocked on her room's door. ''Come in'', putting her last piece of clothes on Valerie invited them inside. 

''How are you feeling?'' After hearing her daughter's invitation Emine was a little surprised, but she still came in and inquired how Valerie was feeling after yesterday. 

''Great!'' Without hesitation, Valerie answered her mother with some enthusiasm. ''But what happened yesterday?'' all Valerie remembered was that the moment she chose her class, she felt a weird sensation all over her body, and then the last thing she saw before losing consciousness was her legs changing. There was no pain, just some sensation as if someone was gently stroking her all over her body.

''Well...'' So while they were walking Emine, talked about how Valerie got the [Skill] activated and in what state she left the room, plus how they found her passed out after all that. Of course, Emine reassured that all that was normal and even told little about her own experience in this.

For Valerie it was somewhat reassuring that her mother had experienced something similar. So while they were making their way to eat some breakfast, the mother and daughter duo continued to discuss this topic, but mostly it took the form of Valerie asking some questions and Emine answering those she could.

''Good morning.'' Arriving at the breakfast table they were greeted by Alvis, who had something that looked like a newspaper in his hands, which he put down when his family arrived. Greeting Alvis back the duo took their seat at the table. 

''So how are you feeling?'' While eating, Alvis struck up a conversation with Valerie, who explained to her father how her body felt different and that she was feeling better than ever.  

''Has any of your [Skills] changed?'' 

''I don't know,  I haven't checked yet.''

To Valerie's answer Alvis just nodded and turned his red eyes back to his food. Only now Valerie remembered that she hasn't checked her [Status], and she was kind of excited to see if any of her [Skills] changed or combined, but she decided that at the table won't be the best place to check that. So she put [Status] checking at the back of her head and put her mind on her breakfast.

''So what [Class] did you choose?'' After finishing breakfast, Valerie was asked a question about her choice. Giving a quick ''Thank you.'' to the servant that took her dishes away, Valerie turned to her parents. 

''I choose [Child of metal], it had the most things in line with what I wanted.'' Valerie gave her answer while some servents came in and out of her vision as they prepared the table for dessert.

Emine and Alvis weren't surprised by that, because as her parents they knew that their daughter had some interesting obsession with her body. So they didn't say anything and just listened as their daughter told all about her [Class] and some future plans with it.

But while Valerie was talking the dessert was brought out, it was a cake, but it had some particular shape. But Valerie didn't see the cake she just kept on talking, and you could see those red eyes of her's getting more wider as she talked. 

*Tuk* although she hadn't looked at the cake she still had heard where the plate was put down, so using some of her instincts she had taken the knife and started cutting the cake, but the moment she made the first cut, her parents eyes turned to her in what looked like surprise, so she stopped talking and looked down, to see if she had somehow made a mistake.

''Oooouuu...'' It was silent for a second, none made noise, and Valerie was still holding the knife but she had her face collared with surprise. Know Valerie understood her parents expressions, the reason for all this was because she had just chopped a baby's head off, going with the knife's blade clean through the neck.

Luckily it wasn't a real baby just a cake in the shape of one, but it still looked kind of shocking because the baker was good at their job. So after a little silent moment, Valerie started chopping the face into smaller pieces. Why? Because the silence and shock made her brain go a little numb and so for her the logical thing to do is to continue cutting the cake.

*Tuk* Putting the knife down she put a piece of cake on her plate and then she served her parents. After that, she slowly started to eat her piece of cake.

''Sooo...? Why is it shaped like a baby?'' Valerie knew that the cake was because of her birthday which was yesterday, but usually, the cake wasn't shaped like something, except a circle. Maybe her parents wanted to do something more special as this was more major than the birthdays that were before, but then came the question, why a baby?

By now Emine and Alvis are back to normal and are enjoying the cake. Hearing their daughter's question they stopped and put the utensils down. Seeing this, Valerie predicted that this is something serious.

''I'm pregnant.'' 

*Tink* Valerie's fork slipped out of her hand and made a nice sound when it landed, and like this ensued another silence in this room.

 

 

6