Chapter 2 – The Board
152 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Browning stared at the board before attempting to touch it. However, as he was about to touch it, the board began changing.

 

<<<Recalibrating…>>> 

 

In response, Browning retracted his hand and merely waited for the board to finish. 

 

<<<Identifying Pilot…>>>

 

Browning had a moment of realization after seeing that text. It was very similar to an AI HUD he had developed for the crew of various vehicles. He was dumbfounded as the AI initially was meant to be implanted into the crewman’s eye, but here it manifested as an actual object. 

 

<<<Administrator detected>>>

 

<<<Welcome back Chairman Browning>>>

 

Browning slightly sneered as the AI fueled his ego, but he quickly stopped as the board began to flicker and glitch.

 

<<<War#InG C?/neCtIOn I#%erUpTEd>>>

 

Browning watched as the board violently flickered and showed random characters and symbols until it seemed to stabilize, turning red. 

 

<<<Hello Noah>>>

 

<<<I’ll get straight to the point>>>

 

<<<Afterall I know you’ve always been that kind of person>>>

 

Browning took out his pistol and continued to watch the board, very confused. 

 

<<<I am not the God you know>>>

 

<<<However I am a god>>>

 

<<<You will do a few favors for me>>>

 

<<<If you refuse you will suffer a fate worse than death>>>

 

After seeing that message, Browning tightened his grip around his pistol in anger, but he let the board continue. 

 

<<<Regardless I doubt you would refuse>>>

 

<<<You will be given powers to do these favors>>>

 

<<<I have manifested myself and those powers in a way familiar to you>>>

 

<<<If you look hard enough on this world>>>

<<<You’ll find a generous surprise I have arranged for you>>>

 

<<<The favors you must do will be found within the powers I have given you>>>

 

<<<Happy hunting Noah>>>

 

<<<Enjoy>>>

 

The board then returned to its normal blue translucence. 

 

<<<Welcome back Chairman Browning>>>

 

The board then turned into a menu similar to a game. There were four different tabs: <stats>, <inventory>, <units>, <shop>, <assignments>, and <logs>. Browning looked around, sighed, and stared back at the menu. He stared at it, taking in what the so-called god said to him. 

 

"The fuck is all this bullshit?" Browning thought.

 

The menu was currently open to the <stats> tab.

 

<Stats>

 

Name: Noah Kojima Browning 

 

Race: Human 

 

Class: None 

 

Level: 1

 

XP: 80/100

 

=

 

HP: 120/120

 

Mana: NA/NA

 

Money: $10,000

 

=

 

Strength: 20

 

Agility: 22

 

Vitality: 12

 

Intelligence: 78

 

Perception: 41

 

Luck: 10 

 

Magic: NA

 

=

 

Passive skills:

 

 

1. Artificial Training 

 

 

The user’s brain was injected with thousands of hours of combat experience and training due to the Augmented Reality Progam. The Program significantly reduces training time and cost and could effectively enhance the brain. 

 

 

2. Enhanced Learning

 

 

Due to the Augmented Reality Program, the user is capable of absorbing information at higher rates. (Class and user XP boosted by 4X)

 

 

3. Magically Inept

 

 

Because you are not of this world, you cannot use magic. However, magic debuffs and mental skills have no effect on you. 

 

 

4. They Are Under My Skin

 

 

Years of living under the eyes of the government have made you extremely paranoid, granting you amazing perception.  

 

Active skills:

 

None 

 

-End of Chapter 

[A/N]: Sorry for the shorter than usual chapter, guys. I was a little busy, the next one will be slightly longer. 

7