Prologue
1.2k 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

20th of June, 2024

Because of politicians' greed, World War has shattered all over the world.

 

The dust and sounds of tanks everywhere on the ground are making a dreadful noise, so loud that it could burst.

An assassin and soldier, Michael Wane serves the government as an emotionless tool. He has no family or friends.

He was a refugee orphan, but a soldier came to him and trained him to become a weapon for them in the next few years. 

On the battle ground where Michael is staying to lead his army, The opponents collapsed. And on the ground, hundreds of soldiers died, and the sound of screaming, bleeding, and begged for their lives. 

And a bullet raining everywhere. That's the life of Michael Wane. 

 

A soldier came to the inside of the tent and saluted Michael. 

"Sir, We need to make a decision about what we are going to do with those prisoners!" (Soldier 1)

 

"How many prisoners do we have?" A cold gaze and a voice.

 

"I."It's twenty-five, sir!" (Soldier 1)

 

"Hmm, just kill them."...

 

Sir? (Soldier 1):

 

"Why? Don't you hear me? " 

 

A serious gaze and a cold voice from Michael.

 

"I."I understand." (Soldier 1)

 

A few minutes later, after the man soldier came out of the tent, he suddenly came back and said,

 

"Sir! This will end the lives of many civilians who have nothing to do with this war! And there are still innocent and vulnerable victims too. We don't need to kill them all." (Soldier 1)

 

"Why do we need to kill those innocent people? "Sir," (Soldier 1)

 

"Because we have to seize this opportunity whenever we can. To be able to not have trouble in the future."

 

"But—" (Soldier 1)

 

"— Also, if we let go of this opportunity, even more innocent people will be killed. Anyway, those people are bound to die in this war. "

 

The soldier's fist trembled in anger and pity.

 

Before the man soldier came out, he said the last thing.

 

"Sir."

 

"What is it?"

 

You don't care if that many people die? "(Soldier 1)

 

"What did you say? "

 

The solemn voice from Michael, seated at the table, rang out. He stood up and approached the soldier. The noisy room fell into silence as soon as he heard his voice.

 

"You say I have no mercy on those innocent people?"

 

"Yes." (Soldier 1)

 

The soldier said without hesitation.

 

You know, I'm not a real leader here, and I'm just a mere tool of the government. In this war, we only follow those higher-ups. "

 

He pointed his finger at the soldier while saying those words to him.

 

"Our goal is to win this war." The lives of countless people are on our shoulders, and the only reason we are here is to win this war. Don't waste your time on this small problem. "

 

"Then how are you going to deal with the consequences of having innocent lives?" (Soldier 1)

 

"You have so many questions. Go and finish your job as a soldier."

 

The soldier became silent, with a look of pity on his face. And the soldier came out and followed the orders to kill the prisoners.

 

Michael gives orders to the other unit.

 

"I declared today that we were going to bomb Zane City. That's where the enemy position stays."

"Sir!"

 

 

"We won't accept any orders from you," the female soldier suddenly shouted at Michael. and exchanged an astonishing gaze.

 

After Michael had announced his decision, a few soldiers silently left the room. who was thoroughly dissatisfied with his decision to follow him.

 

"Sir, Give this another thought. Are you really going to slaughter all the civilians you kidnapped? " (Soldier 2)

 

"That's in order, we cannot obey them."

 

"But you are our leader and the one who made the decision." (Soldier 2)

 

Another man with gray-short hair, who was Jason, the second in command of the army, came inside a tent and walked ahead of him, trying to persuade her with an urgent voice.

 

"Michael, I heard you were going to kill those innocent people. Think over this again. We can't allow this to happen to kill those innocent people." Jason said.

Michael sat down in his chair while patting his head.

 

Give the orders. That cancels our operation to bomb in Zane City. " Michael said.

 

"Yes!" (Soldier 2)

"I know it's hard to become leader of this group... but I'm glad you still have mercy on those people." Jason said.

"Tsk. Don't give me a damn gentle word. Get out, I need to rest. " Michael said.

 

After giving the orders to them, all the soldiers salute Michael. And left on the tent,

"Sigh. What do I need to do this? I hope this war ends. "

 

In the middle of the evening,

I heard a noise coming towards my tent and then said,

 

"From Unit 4, We completed the mission and came back to report."

 

The soldier man, who looked young, came to the inside of the tent and met Michael, who was seated in the chair.

 

"What is it?" Michael said.

 

"We found the spot of the enemy leader." 

 

Hearing his report, the expressionless man let out a long sigh, and it was like false information.

 

"Well then, good job on your work."

 

As Michael went back to his tent, he heard the sound of a gun.

 

 

Bang!

 

As soon as he finished, he felt a bullet in his belly and a gun being pointed at him. It was an A-K.

 

Even before entering the room, he felt the tension and acidity spewing from it.

 

"My apologize, but we are now going to take this mission. You are no longer useful."

 

The soldier in front of him, showing  his nasty face and malicious glare, was the leader of Unit 4, who was always kind to him. But it's not true.

 

 

Michael, as always, stared at him with his empty eyes. He felt his life fading away with the blood flowing out of his body. He didn't feel any indignation or sorrow over it. All he thought was,

 

 

 "cough*." "So... this is my ending."

 

A soldier approached him and took the gun from his side and pointed it at his head.

 

And an unknown soldier comes. 

 

"You know I always don't like your orders from me. killing an innocent person. You are the worst leader I have ever served under."

 

 

"If you wish to speak any last words, just say so. If you beg me, I can spare you. Maybe I changed my mind. " 

"I'm...not... going to die by your hands."

 

He put a suicide pill in his mouth. Biting onto it, he slowly curved his lips. He ends his life quickly without any pain.

 

And then, after he took a suicide pill, he lost consciousness and died.

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! English is not my first language, so expect bad grammar. Thank you for reading. And if you find anything wrong in this story, let me know so I can fix it as soon as possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20