Chapter 14: Riyo place (1)
168 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks have passed since Riyo met Mennna, and today he went to the forest. While he was walking in the forest, Riyo came across seven people dressed in armor. One of them is in the ground.

"Hmm...It's rare that there are still people who keep coming here... Their equipment is all the same, so they're probably not bandits or thieves. I think this is my first time seeing people other than Bandit. It seems like someone is hurt."

As Riyo watched the group of armored men from the back of the forest, he noted that one of the seven men had a wound on his leg.

[Arghh...]

[Hey... Calm down... stay with us.]

[Robert, What happened to you're heal magic?]

[So-Sorry, I almost have no mana. I'm sorry.]

"They seem to be in pretty bad shape... They don't look like bandits or thieves. I think one of them has been poisoned. I should at least give them help and a place to rest. Even if they turn out to be the bad guys, I think I'll be fine. After all, I'm can fight them."

Riyo stood up from the back of the tree and was about to call out to them when it suddenly occurred to him.

"Wait! How am I suppose to call out to them? Good morning? No, that kind of cheerful greeting doesn't fit the situation. Wait how about, What are you doing in this place?"

Riyo thought of helping them,  Riyo was at a lost what to say, and he found himself standing still back on the tree. Because of that the group of armored men noticed him before he could say anything. And of one them unsheathe his sword.

[Wait... I think someone watching us.]

[...Who goes there!?]

The armored man at the front of the group immediately pointed his sword at Riyo, but the man behind him stopped him and stepped forward.

[Alben. Stopped is not enemy!]

[Who are you? Also sorry for suddenly pointing Alben's sword at you. What is a child like you doing out here in this dangerous forest? This isn't a place for children like you. Are you lost?]

The man who looked like their leader asked Riyo, but Riyo couldn't respond well because of what suddenly happened.

"I'm just arrived here." Riyo said.

[Arrived? You?] Leader said.

Riyo nodded to leader.

[Hmm.... I think this forest is a bit too dangerous for a child like you, but... Was there something you wanted with us?] Leader said.

"Actually, I suddenly saw you and your group and I noticed one of your men was injured, so I think I can help you."

And then Riyo pointed his finger at the injured person on the ground.

[You gonna help my men?] Leader said.

Riyo nodded And then Riyo approached the leader and he handed over the medicine with one of his hands. Unfortunately, the other man, who looked young, was wary of Riyo, and he stepped out to protect the man Riyo was talking to.

Riyo finally realized his blunder. Keeping his medicine by his waist, much like the knife by his waist, must have alerted the man, so Riyo jumped back to get some distance and took out a medicine to show that he had no ill will.

[What medicine this?]

One of the man who have the power of healing. And then the man asked, to which Riyo nodded. 

"Yes, it's a medicine." Riyo said.

[Hmm... are you going to let us use this medicine?] Leader said.

"Why? you don't want to?" Riyo said.

For a brief while, the armored men exchanged glances before the one named Robert carefully received Riyo's medicine. When they noticed that the injured person's expression had improved, their suspicions of Riyo began to fade.

[Ahem...Thank you for saving us. This should keep Leo up for a while longer, and his pale face should return to normal. And also, accept my apology to one of my men who pointed a sword at you.] 

[...My name is Alben. I'm sorry to pointed at sword at you.]

"It's fine also and I'm amazed that you noticed me. And How about, rest, at my place?" Riyo said.

Though it took awhile, Riyo was able to calm the armored men and invite the people to his place. However, it would take them quite a while to reach Riyo's place due to the injured person with the group of armored men.

[Why is a young boy like him in this place] leader said.

[Yep...He's obviously still very young kid. and this place is a dangerous for him.] Robert said.

(Well, I can't tell them this is for my training place, and I can't reveal my identity to them. and also, it's only natural for them to be suspicious of seeing a child like me out here deep in the forest. It's not a good feeling though. I'd appreciate it if they could stop being so suspicious already to me.) Riyo muttered to himself while he was walking.

[What do you think, Leader? Is there really somewhere we can rest here in this forest?] Robert said.

[Hmm...I don't know, but the medicine he gave to us it's work, let's trust him, and at the very least, he doesn't seem to be have any hostile to us.] Leader said.

When Riyo is bored, he goes into the deep forest and creates his own place to rest. 

Riyo suddenly stopped and called cast his magic. And  the people following him was alerted at that, however, and they asked.

[What's wrong what did you suddenly cast a magic?] Leader said.

"We arrived at my place."

Riyo said as he looked at the man who had asked that question.

 

7