Chapter 21
164 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One week had passed since the incident in the forest.

 

When I met the royal knights and saved the royal princess of Zuela Kingdom, I didn't tell my family about what happened in the forest because it would be trouble if they found out, but I'm glad that I did not tell them my real identity, so it was not easy to find me, and when I was gone for two days, they were all worried and panicked, and they even hired a few adventurers to find me in the demon forest.

In the backyard of their mansion, where Riyo is laying down on the grass ground, 

" *Sigh* I wonder if they arrived at their location in the Zuela Kingdom safely. I worry about them. Also, I get the impression that the royal princess is terrified and she's scared. Also, I wonder where Hannah is. I'm bored today because I can't find anyone to play shogi with." (Riyo)

"I wonder... What I'm going to do ---Wait!" 

He suddenly stood up with an excited look on his face. And he hurriedly walked to the kitchen.

Because I'm getting tired of living a life where our food is limited to bread and hot meat soup, I came up with an idea to change our daily food. Also, I intend to increase our food supply.

The most I wanted was rice. It is definitely rice! It's been five years since I tried to find the rice, but I couldn't because my father said it's rare and only available in other cities.

 

When I got to the kitchen, I noticed an old man named Gard, who was also a cook from our mansion.

[Oh! It's the young master!] (Man 1)

[What do you need in the kitchen? Young master in this afternoon?] (Man 2)

[Huh! What are you doing here? It's unusual for you to come here, young master.]  (Gard)

"Oh! Hello!" Riyo nods while saying.

Gard said while he was preparing the food, his appearance was normal and his voice was gentle. 

Gard is close friends with my father, Jake. They met in the guild and became group adventurers. 

Gard He was different from the adventurers because he couldn't fight; he only knew how to cook in their group, but after a few years, he became a famous cook, and after that, he followed my father and became head of cook at our mansion.

 

"Mister Gard. Can I borrow the kitchen?" (Riyo)

[Huh? What do you need? It will be dangerous for you to use the kitchen at your age.] (Gard)

Gard's got a worried face and shows a suspicious expression on him. 

"Well... There is something that I want to make. Can I?" (Riyo)

[I can't. Because I have no permission from your father, also, can the young boy make something?] (Gard)

"If you give me chance then... I can definitely do it." (Riyo)

Even though I lived alone for a long time in my previous world and I had no family, I can still make something good. That's why I can do it.

Gard looking at me with a serious gaze and then,

[*Sigh* I understand. But I will be your guide for your safety if anything bad happens to you.] (Gard)

For the safety of the people who work in the kitchen, only a few people are allowed in. And then Gard. He's allowed to let Riyo touch the cooking tools.

Gard is observing me while I was looking in my surrouding.

[Hmm... it seems you're a serious young master? But I can't still let you get injured. I will guide you all the way as a head cook.] (Gard)

"Emm... I understand and Thank you. Old man Gard." (Riyo)

[So, what do you need young master? To make a food you want?] (Gard)

Even though his face was serious on the inside, he was excited.

"I want to make a light food." (Riyo)

[Light food? What's that?] (Gard)

"Old man Gard Just give me some salt, oil, and a few potatoes. And then you will understand and find out what I mean." (Riyo)

[Eh? Wait!!  Does that mean that only three ingredients can make a light food?] (Gard)

"That's right. Just help me and give me what I want, and I'm going to show you." (Riyo)

[I don't know if it's possible to create what you want by using only three ingredients, but I'll try and help you, I'll bring right away the ingredients you want.] (Gard)

Gard hurriedly ran towards the basement where all the ingredients were all in place. And Gard prepares the three ingredients and materials that I said to him.

[There are only eight potatoes left, Young Master. my apologise.] (Gard)

"It's fine. it's fine. and I only want is only seven potatoes." (Riyo)

"Old Man Gard Can you help me put the oil in the cooking pan while I'm slicing the potatoes?" (Riyo)

[I understood...] (Gard)

In a few minutes, I finished peeling into long thin pieces of potatoes using a small knife, and then I washed the potatoes for the last few minutes, and after that, I threw all the potatoes in the cooking pan with hot oil and mixed them.

[What now young master?] (Gard)

"Hehehe... Just calm old man Gard" (Riyo)

And after that, I remove the potatoes from the hot oil cooking pan and allow them to cool for another few minutes.

And again I put the potatoes back in the cooking pan and fry for another minutes.

After a few minutes, I remove the potatoes and transfer them to a wooden plate and sprinkle some salt to taste.

The Ingredients is seven pieces potatoes, A dash of salt, four cup cooking oil 

"Ok! It's finished!!" (Riyo)

[What's is that young master it's look normal for me] (Gard)

*Sigh* This old man he only wants is a beautiful view of cooking, not a taste of food.

"You know it when you taste it. Right! Head Cook!" (Riyo)

Gard looks at the hardened state with great interest in the potatoes' food. and he approached it. his face shows that he wants to eat it quickly.

I taste the fries before Old man Gard.

"Hmm... it's not bad. The taste and the smoothness of the potatoes are not bad." (Riyo)

And then I look at Bartholo and he ate the fried potatoes.

[What!! This is delicious! What's this!? Young master]

[Oh!! What's that you eating let me taste it too]  

One of the servants notices their boss is eating the fried potatoes. and then the numbers of people keep increasing.

But I also saved for my family to taste the fried potatoes.

[Emm...That was delicious. Young master. Right! What the name of your food?]

 Gard he asked Riyo while they eating.

"Well... It's Called French Fries" (Riyo)

[What Fre..nch...Friess..?] a cracked voice from Gard.

"Yeah, French fries. Even though it looks normal, the important thing in eating is the taste of food." Riyo said with a gentle smile.

Two days had passed.

The French Fries was introduced immediately in my family's dinner and it caused an uproar in the house, it became also popular.

So I'm glad that I came up with this idea. It was also very popular in the Zohaya village because even poor people could eat and create it. 

7