Chapter 1
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Death is not an exciting thing. It’s scary. Not many can easily accept death. There are two types of people that I have come to know within my short life. One there’s people who can calmly accept their doom. Then, there’s the others who are scared shitless on the verge of death. I believed that I belonged to the former but I couldn’t be more wrong. I belonged to the latter. I believed in optimistic nihilism. But at this moment, I don’t give a damn. I am about to fucking die. I throw away all my values and instead of accepting death , I try to cling on to life and struggle . Why you might ask? Simply because I am so very scared of death. I have read several novels about reincarnation and other crap, I have sometimes dreamed about it too, but fuck I am scared. I don’t want to die. Fuck being reincarnated in another world or whatever. The other world can go suck ass for all I care about. I love this world. It’s a bit rough but it’s alright. I have a loving family.  Mum, dad, sis I can’t leave them. I can’t live without them. I pray to god, please save me. I don’t want to die.

 

Oh no. I can now feel it, my end is near. I am scared. I am crying right now as I die. Kinda feel pathetic. But it all ended. Now I am panicking and scared and feel my emotions running wild as I fondly remember my short life. It wasn’t a lavish life but it was fruitful.

 

While I expected after death was someone to judge me for my sins and crimes but however, I was greeted with an abyss of white, stretching as far as I could see. I don’t think this is heaven.

Depression set in right at the moment I realised I wasn’t in heaven, but trapped somewhere, possibly, could be my hell. Loneliness set in. I cried and remembered my family again. Cursing myself, I was overwhelmed by emotions. Regret, remorse and loneliness was what I was feeling right now. Regret of not spending enough time with my family, remorse for the way I treated some of my friends, loneliness for the fact that I could be potentiallly alone for all of eternity. 

 

I had almost given up when I heard a voice , of what I assumed to be a god. But it wasn’t exactly what I had thought god would look like simply because it’s form was indiscernible. I couldn’t make out it’s colour, shape or even size for that matter, yet I was keenly aware that it was there and it was speaking to me.

‘A soul’ it said in its otherworldly voice. Again it’s voice was indescribable. Simply because a word to describe it’s voice didn’t exist. While I had all these thoughts, I felt the being scan me and I had a vivid flashback of my whole life. The being had skimmed through all my memories in just a moment. While I saw my memories again, tears rolled down my eyes. I fucked up big time, I realised. This “being” was probably going to judge me was what I thought. But then he said,’lost soul, you come from an interesting world to say the least.’

 

At that sentence I breathed a sigh of relief, I wasn’t going to be judged, that was a huge relief. Now, I have to negotiate to send me to heaven. Huh ? Wait what? “Interesting world?”. But before I could even speak, the being then replied,

 

‘ There’s no heaven. I was never going to judge your either. Simply put, you somehow escaped your universe and ended up in my universe. That somehow is something I am not able to explain, one of my theories is that you were tenacious in clinging to life that you didn’t allow your soul to dissipate. You died young so that could explain your tenacious nature.’

 

Wow fuck , should I have just let go and died peacefully?

The being then replied,’ if you had done that, you would have ceased to exist at all. Many universes have that, a single life , a single chance. Yours was one that did too.’

So all my memories would have just been erased along with me; that’s depressing.

For the first time I spoke,

“Can you send me back?”I really wanted to go back, if I wanted a second chance it would be with my family again. 

The being replied,’no’, crushing all my hopes. 

“What am I supposed to do now then?”

‘I can still kill you or you can live your life in my universe.’

“What? here ?in this abyss? “

‘No, on one of the inhabitable planets in my universe.’

“ one of the? You mean to say you have multiple planets with people on them. “

“No, only one planet has people but there are other planets where you can live in solitude. You know what this is taking too long.”

What does he mean by… before I could finish my thought, all sorts of information flew into me, about this universe, him, why he was treating me amicably and didn’t straight up kill me, some more info about my previous universe and a whole bunch of mind blowing stuff.

Oh wow . It was a mind blowing moment literally.

‘So what’s your choice?’The being asked

I thought for a while. The being hadn’t just given me all the secrets of his universe but the things he told me were real serious stuff. From the info he gave me, there exists in his world, a typical fantasy world you’d see in a novel like wtf are the chances of that, I had no clue.

Considering my options I said,

“ reincarnate me in your world in a position where I can slack of.”

1