Chapter 1
599 8 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You know system, I have to ask, do you have a name?"

[Negative host.]

"Is that so?" I let out a sigh of relief. "I thought you held a grudge against me since I've just been calling you system."

[It is impossible for the system to hold grudges.]

"I see, I see. Remind me again, what was the last iteration I asked you this?."

[Iteration 421.]

"421 huh, it has been a while since then. But, if you hold no grudge, why did we come back?"

[Iteration-]

"Before that system, remind me which iteration this is."

[Iteration 512]

"Ah 512, thought it was 507. I keep losing count even though I ask you this everytime. Anyways, what happened to 511? Since we reached the end, I thought that was it."

[Iteration 511 failed due to interference with the Power of the World.]

"Interference with POW? That wasn't me though was it? I stopped trying to rebel after the horrors known as 213 to 217."

[Unable to identify how, however, the host is not responsible.]

"Shame, what a shame. I was so close that time." I put my body on the cold cave floor and felt a slight shiver in my body. I didn't really care how cold I felt since I was just waiting for this iteration to end.

"Is it impossible for you to get a new host and release my soul? Also, what was the last iteration I asked this question in."

[It is impossible for the system to change hosts until all tasks are successfully completed. Iteration 476 was the last time this question was asked.]

"Thought it would've been somewhere in the 490s. Good thing you just answer questions system. If you had a personality I might've lost a lot of bets about iterations with you."

I felt a wolf take a chunk out of my hand. As always, the body felt pain but my mind was at peace. Actually, the pain felt a bit nostalgic. This has always been one of my most common death points.

"Ah getting killed by wolves, this is probably the 70th iteration to fall to it right system? Honestly, I have to wonder what you were thinking, this part is pretty dangerous even if I tried to fight."

More wolves started eating my flesh.

"Pretty sure I died here once in the 490s. It's close to impossible for a weak 10 year old child to beat a pack of wolves after all. Or was it the 470s? When was the last time I died here again system?"

[Host has-]

"Ah don't answer that question, I'm a bit sad right now. Let me end 512 with this nostalgia. It'll probably bring my average years lived down a bit though. Ah, that reminds me, how long have I lived in this world again."

[The combined number of years the host has lived is 5122.4 years.]

I started to fade, it looks like I was dying.

"5000 years huh, thank god, well the POW, that you've been with me the entire time system. I might've gone crazy if you weren't. Or maybe I have already gone crazy. Getting eaten by wolves shouldn't be nostalgic, I think? What do you think system?"

[This question lies outside of my capabilities host.]

"What a shame, you haven't been able to improve for 5000 years. Well... I wanted to ask you a few more questions but this is the end of 512. I'll see you in 513."

As I said that, I lost consciousness.

However, something unexpected happened. When I woke up for 513, instead of being greeted with a cold rock floor, I was greeted with a warm bed."

"...Hey system, did you change something this time? Did the POW finally feel guilty and bless this lost lamb."

[No interference detected from the system or the Power of the World.]

"... Then what iteration are we on?"

[Iteration 512]

Well that's strange.

21