Prologue
1.1k 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--------

You always have lived a normal boring life. It's almost Deja Vu everyday and nothing out of ordinary happens, except when a classmate of yours got into fights with another student of course but still, that was normal.

You wake up, do your chores, go to school, go home, do your assignments, watch anime until midnight, sleep and repeat. Same schedule, same thing, nothing out of ordinary whatsoever. 

You're pretty normal yourself other than your intelligence and high addiction to novels and animes. You can blend into a crowd without any efforts and you have no charisma. Maybe if you disappear no one would notice it either. 

The only thing that would suit you the most is pretty much the word, Normal. 

You're just a normal girl in the background where no one would notice you. You aren't the main character in a story nor even a second lead or a side character. 

You are lower than that and you don't care. Peace is beautiful sometimes but sometimes it isn't either. You just want something out of ordinary to happen to at least make your dull life worthwhile. Something thrilling, just like those beautiful moments you have read and saw in the novels and manhwas. 

It's a simple wish but you know that it's basically near to impossible in terms of it coming true in this boring old world. 

But it was another day of hell and brain cell executions and you want nothing but rest and read something to kick your boredom and bad mood away.

Thankfully your school have a library that has a lot of selections of books, including some novels, different genres and such. That's where you're heading right now.

You sighed to yourself as you walked through the hallways of your school, everyone's going home but it's not bad to stay for another hour right? It's not like you've been doing these since the earlier days. Besides, it's not like somesones waiting for you at home. 

Entering the school library, you saw other students sitting there with books in their hands and others writing vigorously on a piece of paper, their school supplies scattered on their chosen desks.

It's nice to say the least, not much sounds were heard other than turning pages, the sound of pens against paper and students walking around and whispering to each other.

The librarian who was now a bit old was there, typing away on her computer with her eyes behind her glasses fully focused on the screen. You're shocked honestly, how an old lady like her is better at gadgets than you and the other kids. 

You wrote your name on the notebook in the entrance before walking off to find a book to read. You have read all the mangas in the library but you checked it out anyways, maybe they added a new light novel or even a series.

Most of the books in that section is gone, must've been borrowed by the other students. After all these type of books are popular to teenagers. 

You ran your fingers through the spine of the books before stopping at a particularly unfamiliar yet thick novel. You pulled it out from the shelves, you grunted because it was kind of heavy but you paid no attention to it and looked at the title.

'Undeniable Love : Choose your fate'

You read before looking at the book cover where five Ikemen boys and a beautiful girl was portrayed. The art was very beautiful and aesthetic. It looks eye-catching and interesting indeed. 

You think that you'll read this one.

You opened it into a random page and saw one of the male leads doing the cliche kabedon move in one of the illustrations that the book have in some of it's parts. Well it may be cliche but a book wouldn't be complete and won't be great without those moves actually.

You decided to borrow it and read it at home since it was quite thick. You know you wouldn't be able to finish it at the library. If you do, you might as well love in the library and have books as your pillow. Ha, you will wake up with a broken neck the next day so maybe not. 

You then walked towards the librarian with the book in your hand. This caused the librarian to raise up her head and fix her glasses as she stared at you. There's this glint in her eyes when she saw the book in your hands. 

This caused you to raise your eyebrow but questioned nothing, maybe it's just the light reflecting in her glasses. Happens all the time. 

"I would like to borrow this book ma'am." You told her as you handed her the book so she can register it. She read it and typed in the title on her computer but nothing showed up. This caused her to furrow her eyebrows in what appears confusion and frustration. 

She tried again but nothing, she then typed in the code attached on the book but then nothing showed up again. That's strange, you thought as you watched her try over and over again. The librarian looks like as if she's given up as she sighed and returned the book to you.

"There's no book like that listed here dear but I guess you can bring it home. This book looks new so maybe it isn't registered here yet." She said with a smile. You made a sound of understanding as you got your book. You thanked the old librarian before walking towards the exit, writing your name on the other notebook again before going outside the library.

Someone must've left it or inserted it on the library but finders keepers I guess. But then again, the librarian said it's a new book. 

You put it on your bag before returning home. The book wasn't familiar to you at all, maybe because it was a newly released one. You should search it up later.

You walked home to your apartment, it wasn't far from the school anyways. That's right, apartment.

Your mother already died after giving birth to you and your father long gave up raising you by himself. Thus he left you alone to your auntie who is now assisting you until you're already old enough to have a stable job.

You're really grateful to her. Someday you would get a great job and repay her back and that's why you're doing your best at your school.

You no longer care of your jerk of a father after all, he probably have another family that he loves more than you now.

Though you doubt he loves you at all but never mind that.

You unlocked your door and closed it immediately and locked it as soon as you entered. You're quite paranoid sometimes. Have you ever had the feeling as if someone is following you? Yeah, it's like that. 

"Home sweet home.." You said to yourself as you took off your black shoes before entering. Your apartment wasn't that big or small, it was decent and the rent was also the same so you're contented.

You entered your bedroom and changed to your casual clothes and put your used uniform on the laundry basket.

You don't have any assignment today so you can go and read this new book all day.

You settled on your comfortable bed, pulling your blanket around you before getting the book you got.

Honestly at how thick it is, you would spend some time reading it even with how much of a fast reader you are.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

Some time later, you're completely immersed at this book. It was good and it quickly became your new favorite. No matter how cliche some scenes are, it was still good. The illustrations given too was a bonus, it gave you a better idea on what's going on. 

You also loved how the Female lead, Christina, was not a shoujo clone and was headstrong and intelligent in her own way, not letting the male leads manhandle her or make her as if she's weak.

It defied shoujo rules many times and that's why you love it.

If you would pick your favorite character though, it would be her older brother Theo who was as ethereal.

You don't know why but you love how supportive and protective he is with his sister. You love their bond so much.

Kinda reminds you the relationship you never had.

You kinda wish to be with them now, even if you're only a side character. You want to be in their interesting world where there's a lot of things are going on unlike your world where things are just almost repeating itself.

You are just that tired with your normal life and you wanted a new and more interesting one.

But yet again, here you are searching for the second book of this story since you've already finished it and it made you want more. It left you on a cliffhang where you're about to find out who's making Christina feel butterflies. 

And guess what, it's as if the book didn't exist at all. You tried to search for the author but then found out there's no listed name of the author in there either. 

You tried the title and such but nothing came in and then you accepted your fate that you won't be ever find out what will happen next.

You sighed, turning off your phone as you stared at the ceiling with the book on your chest. Just as when things are getting more intense and interesting.

"I want to find out what happened next, it's kinda unfair to make you so interested in a book but then end it in a cliffhanger y'know." You said to no one again.

You yawned and you felt your eyelids getting more heavier and soon you fell asleep.

You didn't even notice that as soon as you blurted those words, a meteor had fell. 

Edited : March 1, 2022

5