Chapter 1: The Calm before the Storm
758 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: This is an Eren x Mikasa story. Don't read if you dislike the idea, this is my story. Also, I humbly request my dear readers one single thing: to be active in the comments section. If you think something is funny, leave a comment. If you think there's something to be improved upon, leave a comment. This way, I can improve upon my mistakes and create high quality content for you.

Thank you!

P.S.: I don't like dubbed version of the anime very much, so make sure to use the voice of the subbed version when you are visualizing the story

 

In the realm of heavens, an ear-piercing scream could be heard along with the sound of someone smashing a television. 

"WHAT THE FUCK, EREN!"

"Kami-sama, please calm down! The realms are going to be destroyed at this rate!"

An old man is stomping a now broken TV, his strikes are so strong that the realm itself is slowly becoming unstable. An angel by his side is trying to calm him down, but it doesn't seem to be working.

"WHO GIVES A DAMN?! MY FAVORITE ANIME CHARACTER JUST-"

"Kami-sama, there will no longer be any more anime if you destroy the realms" God suddenly stopped his rampage, He sighs and sat back down on his throne now that he has calmed down. 

"Forgive me, I lost my composure for a moment, but this treachery is unforgivable"

"Its quite...unfortunate, but there is nothing we could do about this situation. That world's fate has already been decided, any further alteration can bring unimaginable consequences"

God looks at the angel as if she was an idiot

"Answer me, my dear, who am I?"

"You are God, the divine and unquestionable being who created the realms"

"Exactly"

The angel's expression grimaced, she immediately dashed forward and tries to stop God from doing what she feared he was going to do.

"WAIT NO-"

A bright flash of light illuminates the entire room, God was nowhere to be seen when the light disappears.

 

Meanwhile, in the Attack on Titan world, Shiganshina District....

"The survey corps is back!" Eren grabs Mikasa's hands and started to run towards the opening gate. "Come on, Mikasa! It's the triumphant return of the heroes!"

A few moments later, the duos arrive at the gates along with the crowd that have already gathered beforehand. Eren desperately jumped around to get a better view but he was too short. After several attempts, he finally found a box to stand on and got a clear view of the survey corps. Erwin Smith, the leader of the survey corps, along with 2 hooded soldiers on horses walked in first. The next scene blew Eren's smile right out of his face.

Several wounded soldiers emerged from the gate, some are missing an eye, some had bandages around their mouth, and some were even missing a limb or two. 

"Only this many of them made it back? They must've all been eaten" An onlooker commented

"This is what happens when you go outside the walls" Another said

 

'Moses?! Moses?!" An old lady ran towards the corps and stopped some of the soldiers. 

"Excuse me, I couldn't find my son Moses...where can I find him?"

The soldiers looked at each other and looks back at her with expressions full of pity.

"It's Moses's mother, bring it to her"

The soldier hands her an object wrapped in a bloody piece of cloth without saying a word. Moses's mother looks at the thing on her hands with a grimaced expression, she quickly unwraps the cloth to see a severed arm. Eren could only watch as the woman broke down crying while cradling Moses's arm in her hands.

"But...my son...carried out his duty, right?" She asked the soldiers with tears streaming down her face while kneeling down. "Although it may not have been anything significant, he contributed to mankind's retaliation somehow, didn't he?!" 

There was a brief period of silence

"Of course-" The soldier cuts himself off. "No..."

"Throughout this mission, we...no, throughout all of our missions...WE FAILED TO ACHIEVE ANYTHING! Because of my incompetence, I've gotten soldiers killed for nothing, and failed to learn the slightest thing about them!"

After the corps left, the people started to talk about how the tax money they paid have gone to waste and several other topics related to the survey corps. Eren was about to hit one of them with his firewood but stops mid-way. He suddenly collapsed because of a massive headache.

"EREN! EREN, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

'It...hurts!"

"I will ask uncle to take a look at you, it's going to be alright!" As soon as Eren opens his eyes, the headache went away like nothing has happened, but what he saw changed completely. Instead of the colorful world he once saw, the only colors he can now see are black and white. The people's body looked...transparent, Eren could see every part of their body, their brain, skull, muscles, blood-flow, everything. 

"ren....Eren...EREN!"

With a gasp, Eren was jolted awake by Mikasa as his vision returned to normal once again.

"Eren, are you alright?"

"Yeah, Mikasa, I'm alright now"

A few minutes later, they finally made it back home.

"We're back"

"Welcome home!" Eren's mother, Carla Jaeger, greeted them warm welcome while cooking dinner. Eren and Mikasa dumped the firewood that they collected into the box.

"My, Eren, I see you've worked harder than before"

"No, Mikasa helped me a lot today" Carla's eyes widens a little, she smiles and gave Eren a head-pat. "I see, work harder next time, you can't just leave all the work to Mikasa,"

"I know, mom"

Moments later, Eren's father left the house on a business trip, promising Eren that he'd show him the basement that he hid for so long. 

"Mikasa, come with me for a bit. I have a bad feeling that..."

"A bad feeling about what?" Mikasa asked

"Shhh, be quiet. I want you to listen very carefully." 

 

"ARGH!!" They heard Armin's scream in the distance

"Come on, Mikasa! Armin is in trouble again!" Eren ran off without saying another word

"Mikasa, that boy has a habit of getting into trouble, so when something happens, be there for each other."

"Okay"

 

"Hey what's wrong, heretic?" The 3 boys who were bullying Armin before came back again 

"If you don't like it, why don't you fight back?!"

"As if I'd do that, the last thing I would do is stoop down to your level. "

"What was that?!"

 

"Oi"

"Huh?! Who's there?!"

"Looks like you have not learned your lesson from before"

"There! On the rooftops! It's Eren!"

"Hah! You got away last time because of luck, I will beat the living shit out of you this time" . 

"You guys didn't learn a thing, huh? Don't worry, I will engrave them into your soul" Eren cracks his knuckles and looks down on them menacingly

Eren jumps down and picks up a wooden plank, he took a deep breath before knocking out one of the boys with a single swing. The other two tried to gang up on him but he managed to dodge both of their punches and hit them in the head with his wooden plank. Eren finally breaths out, it looks as if steam was coming out of his mouth.

By the time Mikasa arrived, it was already over. The bullies are on the ground knocked out, and Eren is helping Armin up.

"Eren...he really has changed, hasn't he?" Mikasa thought to herself and smiles

 

The trio walked to a nearby river and sat down next to it, talking about what just happened to Armin.

"So, when I said mankind would eventually need to go outside, they hit me saying I was a heretic."

"Damn it! Why does simply wanting to go outside turn everyone against us?" Eren's eyes widened. This conversation, the exact words that him and Armin spoke, it seemed...dangerously familiar. Without wasting a second, he grabbed  both of their hands and started to run towards his house.

"Eren, where are we going?!"

Then, a bolt of lightning came from the sky and hit the ground right outside of Shiganshina district's gate.

"DON'T LOOK BACK! JUST KEEP RUNNING!"

--> To Be Continued 

18