Chapter One
84 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Really? You feel that way about me? Are you sure? ...Even with a man like me? But I-!! Are you really sure? I-I'm so happy that you feel this way towards me. I-I always thought tha-that I..."

You take the moment to gently caress his crying face and move closer to him. He notices you moving closer with your lips slightly open and then...

"Huh? What? To be continued? No!! I'm right there!! I'm!! Right!! There!!!!! Are you telling me!? ME!?!? That I need to wait another 16 hours just for 1 energy JUST for me to kiss him? NO! Damn this game to hell!!!"

"Airis, are you okay?"

The boy who sits behind asks me in a concerned tone.

I snap at him with an exasperated look and retort coldly, "No I'm not okay!!" He chuckles in a light hearted manner as he brings his chair over and straddles it.

Even though I was mad because of the game, I'm a nice person in general.

The boy who is sitting next to me is actually my best friend.

Kawākari Estheim is a close friend of mine ever since we met back 6 years. He has short spiked purple hair and purple eyes. He's tall and has a big body frame. I guess if he tried to lose the weight he would look much taller and more pleasing to the eye. All in all however; he's my best friend who I can trust on. That's all that matters to me.

"You're still playing that game? When are you ever going to stop?" He says in a causal manner. "Never!" I retort. He was taken a back by my sudden retort. He smiles wryly and said, "Really?"

"Really!" He sighs and his head drops down in exhaustion. I turn my head away from him and made an audible sigh that tells him that he doesn't understand.

He doesn't understand my love for otome games, especially this one in particular.

Out of all the otome games that I have played, this one was the best one so far! I mean the voice actor for my favorite guy sounds amazing. The only sad thing is that no one knows the voice actor. In the character selection menu, normally you would get the voice actor's name underneath the chosen character before playing his route, but it only appears as question marks. I really want to send him fanmail, but it seems like he's not going to release real name yet. I wonder what kind of guy he is.

As I thought it couldn't get anymore worse, it did.

"...By the way Airis, I can't be with you this Christmas, I have to attend to a very important matter."

"What? But we spent every Christmas together ever since we became friends. Why only now? Out of all times?"

Anger was swelling deep down inside me. When he told me that we couldn't spend Christmas together, I just wanted to punch him so badly. "Kawākari!!" I clench my fist and swing it at him. But then...

He calmly deflects it with his wrist and catches me after swinging such a powerful punch. "Now hold on there. Quit being so testy now. I know you're hating this idea of not spending Christmas together this year, honestly; me two. I hate the idea spending Christmas alone, but just this time I suppose. I really need to attend this meeting with them."

"But!- But!-" He stands me up and I begin to throw light punches into his pudgy body. He laughs at me even though I was already near the verge of crying. "Even though we can't spend the holidays together, I got you the best present you can ever ask for!"

"Really?! What is it!?" After hearing that he got me a present, I open my eyes and wonder. In that instant, I stopped being that child I was few seconds ago. I look at him and he was smiling brightly. "What's the present?" He puts his finger on his lips and said while closing one eye and said, "That's a secret. I will give it to you after school today though since I'm leaving midnight."

"You're leaving tonight?! I see..." He's leaving tonight... I really don't want him to leave, but it's important to him that he needs to go.

With my head facing down, I wasn't aware of his sudden advance. He places his hand on my shoulder and asks with a smile, "Walk with me to my house after school?" I smile back and agree to him. "Okay!"

On the way back to his home, Kawākari treated me to crepes. I guess this is his way to spend Christmas with me before he leaves. If anything, I really just wanted my present from him, but... Free food is always good too!

"I'm home!" He announces as he enters. "Sorry for the intrusion." I excuse myself. His mother comes out from the corner and greets us. "Welcome home! Oh!- Airis!! I didn't know you were visiting."

I bow my head and said, "Unfortunately, I'm not here to visit, Mrs. Estheim. I'm only here because Kawākari said he's going to leave midnight and he's going to give my Christmas gift."

"Oh that's right! Kawākari!! You got a call from them. They said they will meet you at the station, so make sure you get there early!"

"Really? They even said midnight... Okay then! I guess I will leave a bit early then. Come on Airis! Your gift is in my room."

"Okay I will be right there. Well, Mrs. Estheim I will see you later."

"I guess I will Airis. Merry Christmas!" I answer her back with a bright smile and head on up.

Kawākari leads me to his room and he told me to sit down on his bed. "Are you ready for your Christmas gift?"

"Uh... Sure! I guess I am."

"Okay then. Here you go Airis, Merry Christmas!" He hands me a rectangular box that was wrapped in festive gift wrapping. It was nicely topped off with a nice white ribbon on top and it had a tag on it saying "Merry Christmas Airis!"

"Go ahead and open it!" He encourages me. "O-okay..."

As I undid the ribbon and the wrapping, he went on and said, "I knew you were sad about not getting it a couple of months ago and I know how much you really loved that otome game so... I got you that limited edition audio CD of your favorite character and... a little more along with it."

"Eh?" I was rendered speechless. He knew what I wanted the most out of everything, but it couldn't be possible to get one of those limited edition audio CDs only because only 100 or so were made. "You must be joking right? That's impossible. Only 100 or so CDs were made." I look at him with skepticism and give him a wry smile.

He smiles bitterly and nods toward the present. I look at him again with a bittersweet expression and undo the lid. Underneath the lid wasn't a lie.

In that box, I was staring at a limited edition CD of my favorite character from that game. A hot and charming man with purple short hair and purple eyes were staring right back at me with his white smile.

"N-no way...Y-you actually got me it. B-but how..." I look at him with teary eyes, not being able to contain the sheer joy that was building up inside me.

"I pulled a couple of strings here and there and... that's your Christmas present, Airis." That's what he said. I look back at the box containing the most sentimental gift I got from him.

I didn't realize it at first, but inside, alongside with the CD, there was letter that said, "You have a really a great friend who actually went out of his way to get you one of my limited edition CDs, even though there were only to make about a hundred of these. Keep him close to you if anything, you may never know what other things he will do for you." The letter was also signed by the character, but not the voice actor.

He really does make sure that he keeps his identity under wraps.

I look back to Kawākari and all I see is that he's been staring at the clock with blank eyes. I place his present to me on the bed, got up, and give him a hug. "Thank you so much Kawākari!! I love you!!"

"Huh?- Wah!! Hey, what did I do?"

"You're my best friend! But I'm pretty sure you know that, but this time, you're the greatest person on this planet!"

"If you say so, but... please take back your I love you. Those words are - - not right for me. If anything, I think you love me as friend rather than a potential significant other. Love is just another word until someone gives you the meaning."

"It's true that I do love you as a friend, but as for a significant other - - that will take a bit longer to actually get to. But, thank you for such an amazing gift. I don't know how to repay you or rather I don't know if I can get you any gift that's on par like this. I feel bad..."

"You don't need to give anything back in return for me, even if it's Christmas. I think that your smile is the best present I can ever receive."

I look back at him and he was smiling at me, but I feel like, for some reason, he was forcing it and it gave off that bittersweet aura. I didn't mind it so I just left it there.

"Thank you for such a great present this year. If only I knew what's his email is, I wold thank him too for letting you do such a thing. Honestly speaking Kawākari, I'm really grateful for this kind of present. I know I'm selfish and demanding at times, but thank you for never leaving my side."

I hold on him a bit tighter to show my gratitude towards him. For some reason, he quivers a bit, but he straightens out and hugs me back. "It's not a problem Airis."

He lets go first even though I was the one who hugged him first. I held on a bit longer, but he was becoming uncomfortable. "Uh, you can let go now."

"Just a bit longer..." I beg him.

"No!" He flicks my forehead and I let go. I rub my forehead and look at him with teary eyes.

"I have to get ready for my departure."

"Then can I least be here with you while you prepare? It's not Christmas yet, but I want to spend this day with you just before you leave."

"Okay then. I guess we can talk as I get ready."

I went back to his bed and sit down. He goes his closest and pulls out a dark blue backpack. I found this weird since he was leaving to another place. "Only a backpack? I thought you would use a duffle since you will be gone for a while."

"Should I? It's just going to be a change of clothes and a few documents that will be in here. Should I..."

He seems troubled by my offer... maybe I shouldn't have... "You know, maybe I shouldn't have said that. It's your trip anyways so bring what you want."

What am I doing!? Why am I acting like his mother all of a sudden? I should let him do what he wants to do. After all, I have no business on what he does outside of school.

"Thanks for your concern, but I can do just fine with a backpack." He informs me as he zips the bag open. "By the way, what kind of people are you meeting with? Sorry for asking such a question. I just want the slightest hint on what you do outside of school... You don't tell me anything!"

He stops in his tracks and looks outside the window. "Well, the people I'm meeting with are friendly people and they have quite a reputation unlike me whose only a high school student. The reason why we're meeting is to discuss whether or not if I will take the deal."

Deal? What kind of deal is that? "Is this deal something dangerous?"

"Not dangerous in particular... But troublesome. Can I get an answer from you?"

"Well, it really depends on you. Whatever you do outside of school, are you happy on what you're doing? If so, then you should do it. Don't stop yourself from doing something you love. Since you were handed a deal, I think it's best if you take it."

"I see... Then let me ask you another thing? Would you still see me as a friend if I did take the deal? Would you accept me for who I am after I've taken the deal?"

"I don't know what the deal is, but just know this. You're my best and closest friend no matter what you do."

"I see. Okay then! Maybe I will accept their offer! Thank you Airis for your kind words!"

"It's no big deal. I want you to become the best person you can possibly be and as your best friend, I will support you.

"I will give them a call and give them my answer right now!"

He takes out his cellphone and calls his friends.

He seems kinda happy with his decision. I'm glad that I helped him with his answer.

"Hello? Yes, I'm glad everyone picked up my call. I'm sorry if you guys are doing something at the moment, but I'm ready to give you all my answer. The answer is yes, I'm taking the deal! Yes! Yes!"

It seems like his friends are also ecstatic about his answer too.

"Ehh!?!? You want us to leave now!?"

Huh? Now... But... It's his last day with me... "Kawā-"

"Airis..." He looks at me with such an apologetic face.

It looks like he really wants to go now as well... Just this once, okay idiot?

"Go! I will still be here if you need me. Just promise me that you will call me? Call me when you get there and text me when you wake up and before you go to sleep?"

He was taken a back with my request. He stands there, staring at me with big eyes. "I will if that makes you happy."

I felt relieved after agreeing to my odd request.

"I guess this where we go our separate way, huh?" He states the obvious. "Yeah... Take care, Kawākari. Um, do you know when you will be back?"

He brought his hand to his chin and looks skyward as skepticism rolls around his schedule. He closes his eyes in thought with a strained face and said, "A week from now I suppose seems to be the correct estimation."

"So 7 days huh? I'm glad that it's not that long. Hurry back so we can plan things for the New Years!"

"Roger!" He assumes a military pose and salutes to me. "Oh, before I forget." He walks up to me, kisses me on the forehead, and takes a step back.

What are you doing? But I don't hate it or anything. In honesty, I was kinda yearning for it before you left...

I thank him for the honest appreciation and I send him off...

SIKE! I'm going to follow him and see who are his friends!

I know I shouldn't be following him, but I'm just too curious on who are these friends, he's spending Christmas with. Are these friends of his more important than his best friend who he goes to school with? I don't think so!

Following him a little bit of the way to the train station, I ducked into a nearby café and watched him from afar.

I wonder who these friends of his, are?

I take a sip of my café latte and continue to eye him.

He checks his phone and then looks around. He sighs in angst and continues to look around.

...What's that guy up to?

Unbeknownst to him, there was charming, blond haired man sneaking up on him. He was wearing a form of formal casual wear. Green inside shirt with an unbuttoned dark grey jacket top.

"Ka-wā-ka-ri!♪"

"Huh!!"

The blond haired man gives Kawākari a hug from behind and lifts him up in the process.

It seems like that's one of his friends... He seems kind of affectionate towards him, but Kawākari is not liking it one bit.

"Y-Yato!? Stop hugging me!!"

"Aww, but we haven't seen each other for a long time!!"

"That was last week!!"

"Even though!!! I never got enough cuddle time with you only because Aoiki keeps monopolizing you."

"Agh!!! Let go of me!"

"So that's where the two of you are. I've been looking everywhere for you guys."

Now, whose this guy?

Another person came in and I found this one quite unusual.

Dark green hair? Wears a lab coat? And black squared framed glasses? Not only that, but he's good looking too! ...Where did you find these people, Kawākari!?

"Hey, Good evening Midori!"

"Yato... Still trying to gain Kawākari's affection, I see."

"Boo, it's no fair. You already gained his love and trust from the first day."

"That's why-"

What!?

His friend, who is wearing the lab coat, grabbed Kawākari's chin and peered into his eyes! Not only, but it looks like he was about to kiss him. Their lips are so close to each other and he's blushing too!

Wait! Why am I fangirling? I never thought a boy love relationship involving Kawākari would be this appealing to my taste. I want to see a more intimate relationship with his friends. ...What about a romantic scene where both of his friends seduce him in bed!!

The following scene is happening in Airis's head:
"N-no... We all should stop. We shouldn't be crossing this line..."

"What's the matter? All of us are going to stay in one room together. Let's have some fun tonight." His dark green haired friend says as he moves close to his neck and sniffs him.

Kawākari's breath becomes heavy and rough as one of his friends sniffs him.

From behind, his blond haired friend was cuddling him from behind and he says close to his ear, "We only want to show Kawākari our love and affection for him. Besides, no one's ever going to know what the three of us are going to do anyway. So let loose and enjoy yourself."

He then licks the back of his ear and then nibbles on it.

"No... Stop that..."

Kyaaaaaaa!!!!!! I want to see it happen!!! Wait! I need to stop and calm down. I need to focus on what they're doing...

I look back at the trio and he slaps away his friend's hand and struggles free. He heaved a heavy exhausted sigh and straightens himself out.

"Geez, you guys are such a handful. If Aoiki was here, I would either be safe or in danger. Mostly in danger since you guys don't know how to control yourselves. Come on, we have to meet Aoiki and the producer in Tokyo."

Hm, it seems like he was the one who gave out the orders even though he seems to be the youngest. Hm? He took out his cellphone... What are you doing now?

*Ding*

A text from him!? Was I found out?!

0