Vol 1 – Chapter 11: Our Fated Duel
152 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dazzling. That was the only word I could use to describe her. She had recovered from her fight against Crow, or rather me controlling Crow, and was now tearing her way through the battlefield. Most heroes and raiders fought in a party but Angelina was one of the few who fought alone. Her holy light magic not only allowed her to attack and defend but also heal herself which was downright broken in my opinion. 

I sat on my throne while Lauren stood besides me pouring a glass of wine. She handed me the glass whilst saying, "She's coming for you. The hero. She's already taken out most of your guards." I took the glass of wine from her hands and sipped, "so it would seem. Though are you implying that I will be defeated by the likes of that scoundrel." Lauren closed her mouth and turned her head. I stood up and grabbed her chin turning her head to face me. "Your impudence amuses me. Your defiance does not. Answer me." I said as I tilted the wine glass over her head. 

Dark red streams ran down her face and the sides of her head. "Of course not master, I would never imply something like that." I tossed the wine glass aside, a loud crash echoing as it shattered on the floor. "When I was a boy, my parents bought me a pair of dogs. Prized hunting hounds trained to track down any beast. They served me well, but like any creature, they were ruled by instinct. Over time they became unruly and refused to follow their commands; so I was left with no choice but to put them down. With my own hands." 

I lifted a hand and purple energy flickered from my fingers. Seconds later, two skeletal dogs crawled up from the earth and took up positions at my right and left. "Obedience is a virtue. You would be wise to learn it lest you wish to sleep with the hounds" Lauren simply nodded meekly before beginning to pick up the broken shards of glass. The story was obviously bullshit but it added to the character of Judas and made him or rather myself even more unlikable. I was slightly concerned that I had been too rude to Lauren and she would take it out on me later but that was a problem for future me.

The only one of my so called generals remaining was Nightingale who was currently positioned outside the manor. The drone that had been filming me switched its camera off. I relaxed back into my throne and let out a lengthy sigh. "Oh, do you need help with that?" I asked as I looked at Lauren who was still picking up glass off the floor. "You better sleep with one I open tonight" she said without turning to look at me. "Understood!" I quickly responded as I sunk further back into my throne. She was definitely pissed. If only she was as appreciative of my acting as all my fans I mused.

Readying my possession spell, I Prepared myself to enter the body of Nightingale. He was the strongest of my generals and used a set of cursed armor that could tank most attacks. The dizzying feeling overcame me once again as my consciousness entered that of Nightingale. As I opened my eyes, I could see Angelica approaching. “Move out of the way or I’ll destroy you” The young girl said. “How dare a little girl try to fight me. I am the right hand of Lord Judas, my blade shall deliver his penance.” My voice bellowed. I drew the massive obsidian sword from my back and swung the blade through the air as a show of force. 

Angelica drew her own blade of light and began to approach me. Her slow approach transitioned into a steady charge as she raised her sword. Our blades clashed and a loud crash echoed throughout the courtyard. I swung my blade, sparks flew as Angelica parried it with her own. She slashed at my chest and her sword dug a large gash into my breastplate. That blade of light was no joke. 

We continued dueling as she pushed me closer and closer towards the mansion. I was primarily on the defensive due to the overwhelming power of her Saints Armor spell which had created the armor and blade of light she was currently using. I began to notice slight cracks in my obsidian sword as the battle continued. It wouldn’t last much longer. The air began to grow heavy as Angelica said “ Let the clouds part and clear the skies. Separate form and spirit. Heavens Light Slash!” A brilliant flare of light ignited on the tip of her blade and erupted as she swung it. 

I was hit by the blast and flew into the mansion, destroying most of the entryway and cracking several of the floorboards in front of the stairs. My vision was blurred but I managed to right myself into a kneeling position. I recognized the pommel and handle of my sword out of the corner of my eye and reached for it, only to realize that the handle and pommel were all that remained of my sword. Angelica entered the mansion through the hole I had created and began approaching me with the intent to finish things. 

I remained in a crouched position as I said, “You dare to enter the sacred dwelling of our Lord Judas. For that, you will pay dearly.” She raised her sword above her and swung down. My hands shot up catching the blade between the thick armored gloves I was wearing. The blade’s magic slowly began eating through the metal of my gloves and I could feel my undead flesh sizzling as it was subjected to the sword's power. Regardless, I smiled. “Bequeathed in darkness, the son of night smiles upon me. An army of forgotten soldiers cry out. From inky pools their hands emerge. Shadow Blades” 

Several wispy hands holding black swords emerged from behind me and thrust their blades at the girl. A number of the swords made contact with the armor and were instantly dissolve but several of the blades managed to find the chinks in her armor. She howled in pain as the blades pushed further into her skin but refused to let go of her own sword. I began chanting another spell but before I could finish, my hands grew numb and her blade completed its descent slicing past my arms and into my head.

I was rocketed back into my own body as the possession spell was cut off. The sensation made me feel like hurling but I managed to hold it in. I could hear loud crashing sounds in the distance and feel my skeleton soldiers returning to the earth. She was getting closer. I recomposed myself as I got up from the throne. The doors to the throne room blew open as smoke and light filtered into the room. "Your life ends now Judas. It's too late to run"

This kid was sounding more and more like a villain each time I heard her. "Defeat me? How humorous. You're hanging on by a thread, little hero, and I intend to make it snap. Unearthed from shallow grave. Rise and walk amongst the living once more. Skeleton brigade" the ground trembled as multiple skeletons pulled themselves from out of the floor. Ignoring the fact that we were currently on the mansion's second floor, the skeletons rose up and began to surround Angelica.

While she was busy with them, I used another spell. The ground split in front of me and a bone white sword emerged from the crack. I had learned the spell after the recent attempt on my life. The bone sword was porous and light as air but still incredibly sharp and durable. Angelica finished dispatching the skeletons and charged at me. Her form was slightly clunkier and her moves were slower than when I had fought her in the bodies of my generals.

She had healed herself numerous times but the attacks had no doubt taken their toll. High and swift, her first strike was powerful and she likely intended to end things In a single strike. Unfortunately for her, so did I. I blocked her incoming blade and twisted my own, pushing both of our swords into the ground. As she tried to pull her sword free, I reactivated the spell and summoned another bone sword for the earth, gripping it with my free hand. A felt a tinge of remorse as I swung the blade and embedded it halfway into her torso. 

In her fights against Crow, Nightingale, and now me, the poor girl had fallen for the same tricks over and over. She was incredibly powerful but whenever her attacks were engaged or blocked, she was always left wide open. She made a low growl, a guttural sound that was likely possible thanks to her demonic heritage, and broke her sword free of my hold. I quickly leapt back as she swung the blade and clipped the edge of my mask. The left half of the skeletal mask shattered and splintered fragments fell to the ground. 

Angelica also collapsed, the bone sword still lodged in her chest. She looked up at me with one eye open as her body slowly disintegrated. It was finally over. Half of my face was exposed and I quickly placed a hand on my head, squinting through my fingers. She had likely gotten a glimpse of my face but judging by the way the cameras were positioned, none of the audience had. I sighed in relief before laughing maniacally and beginning to monologue. The cameras eventually cut out, and I was pulled from the simulation back into the real world. I had won.

5