Vol 1 – Chapter 13: A Bad Situation Gets Worse
161 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Alexander is Judas?” she muttered as though saying it out loud would lead her to some profound conclusion. “Judas, Who’s that” I asked trying to play dumb in a last ditch gambit to throw her off my trail. “Alexander, your really, Judas, right?” she asked, fear creeping into her words. There was no way I could convince her otherwise so I turned to the only option I had left. I dropped to the floor and bowed my head as I yelled, “please don’t tell anyone. Pretty please.” She looked down at me for a moment before snarling, “I'll tell everyone you evil man. I’ll never forgive you for humiliating me!” shit was she still peeved about last night, I wondered as she continued.

I suddenly realized she was still partially undressed and averted my eyes as she put her shirt back on. “Is that catkin girl your slave?” she asked me as she began buttoning the shirt. “No, I am Alexander’s bodyguard.” Serenity replied 

“I don’t believe that. Your an evil man who preys on others and forces innocent women to be your slaves. You probably brainwashed her. I can never allow someone like you to walk free.” Her words seemed especially harsh. Maybe, Like serenity, she also had a poor impression of me because of my brilliant acting? I decided it was worth a shot to clear things up with her if it meant keeping my secret. “Listen, Angelica, I know I was horrible to you last night and all, but I’m not really like that. This whole Judas and Alexander thing, It’s all just an act. So please don’t tell anyone!” I poured as much sincerity into my words as I could muster.

“So it’s all an act?” she asked, slightly confused. “Yes!” I yelled, slightly louder than I intended. “I see,” she responded calmly. “So this Alexander personality is all an act. A lie meant to deceive the good students of this school so you can continue to enact your nefarious plans undisturbed. If that’s the case. Then I must expose your lies and reveal your entire nature to the school!” Crap. that did not go the way I hoped. But still something didn’t add up. Did she really think that Judas was my actual personality? How was that even possible? Unless… No it couldn’t be. Nobody could be that stupid. 

“Angelica. Why do you fight in the raids.” I asked solemnly. Dreading her answer. “To defeat evildoers like you of course. I will rid the world of all evil, in the name of peace and justice.” It was as I feared. She had told me as clear as day why she fought. With no cameras present and nobody watching, she had given a textbook hero answer. The kind of answer all heroes gave when they were acting. Only she wasn’t acting. No matter how hard it was to believe, this girl really thought she was a hero. Maybe she was stupid, maybe she had been dropped on the head, or maybe she was just a chunni.. Regardless of the case though, it seemed like the rising hero Angelica didn’t understand that the shows we put on for fans were just that. Shows.

She was honest about exposing my Identity and there was no way I could convince her otherwise. There was only one way to stop her. And it was the stupidest idea I had probably ever had. “So, you’ve figured me out, young hero. I must say I’m impressed” I said as I ran a hand through my hair. I had slipped into my full Judas act by now. “But you would be unwise to expose the truths you’ve uncovered. Lest you want your new friends to be ripped asunder by the undead.” Her expression grew fierce after hearing my threat. “I’ll stop you,'' she said. Magic energy crackling at her fingertips. 

“Tsk Tsk. Let me regale you with a story, young hero. Decades prior, the land was ravaged by war as two opposing forces engaged in a deadly conflict. The first World War. Even a foreigner like you is familiar with it, correct? These forces became locked into a never-ending tug of war as open fields became trench-ridden hells on earth. Sadly, the ceaseless fighting eventually came to an end and the millions of dead were laid to rest. But they don’t have to remain laid to rest, do they, young hero? This very school is built atop one such battlefield and as an insurance, I’ve implanted a spell that would raise the fallen army in seconds if need be. I’m sure you understand what I’m saying right?” 

“Yes Judas,” she muttered through clenched teeth. “Hmmm…? Judas?” I said as I placed a finger on my chin. “Apologies, It seems I confused you with someone else, Alexander.” I smiled as I replied. “Good girl.” The three of us left the shack and returned to our dorms as the rain began to let up. I collapsed into my bed after reaching my room and yelled every profanity I knew into my pillow before falling asleep. 

The next morning, I was worried sick. I could feel paranoia filling my head as I began walking to class. My stomach grew sick at the thought of everyone recognizing me. Thankfully, just like the morning before, nobody noticed me. Well nobody except the young demon girl who had turned around in her seat and was currently glaring daggers at me. I tried my best to ignore her as I took notes during class. After the bell rang, Lia came up to me and asked, “Can we talk after school.” I was confused but had no reason to reject her offer. “Sure, where should we meet.” I asked her. She grew uncomfortably close and whispered in my ear. “How about the same place you made your peace treaty with Angelica, Judas.” I coughed awkwardly as I jumped back. Shit. Lia flashed an innocent smile as she left the classroom. 

I hardly paid attention as the rest of the day flew by. My shoddily established peace had been blown away after hearing Lia’s words. Serenity on the other hand seemed rather calm which I envied. I looked at her peaceful face. Her eyes closed and breathing gentle. Actually she was just sleeping. I shook her awake after our last class ended and dragged her with me to the rendezvous point. This time, I made her wait outside in order to make sure nobody stumbled upon our meeting. I suspected that Lia had overheard us from outside the shed yesterday, likely by accident. 

I entered the shed and discovered Lia standing there alone. “What do you want?” I asked bluntly not trying in the slightest to mask my annoyance. “I’m sorry for calling you out like this but I want you to help my roommate.” She said as she bowed her head. “Your roommate?” I asked somewhat confused. Lia nodded, “she doesn’t know your secret. And I won’t tell her, I promise, but she needs your help with something. Follow me back to my dorm room. You can bring Sam as well if you want.” 

The three of us then walked back to her dorm room, careful not to draw too much attention to ourselves. We reached the room and she opened it with her key, inviting us inside. I would have been more excited to visit a girls room if it wasn't for the fact that I was being blackmailed.

Lia's roommate April was sitting at a desk with a tablet in her hands. She was the first one to speak up. “Hello Alexander.  Thank you for agreeing to do this for me" I still had no idea what I had supposedly agreed to do so I asked her. "Sorry but I'm still a bit fuzzy on the details. What exactly do you need me to do?" She brushed her long bangs out of her face before answering, "Can you model for me?" I couldn’t exactly refuse when Lia was dangling my secret identity over my head like a cartoon anvil so I decided to probe a bit. “Why exactly do you want me to model for, and why?” 

April blushed slightly as she said. “I’m a big fan of shoujo manga, especially the kind with delinquent male leads or bad boys so I started working on my own. It’s about a girl named May who discovers that Judas is actually attending her high school and sort of gets into a relationship with him. I’m not very good at drawing men though but Lia said you would be willing to model for me." 

"Let me talk to Lia real quick" I said as I pulled her aside. " I thought you said she didn't know." Lia shook her head as she whispered back, "she doesn't know. It's just a coincidence. I swear." I wasn't a fan of this whole situation but I didn't have much choice. "Alright April, I'm down. What do you need me to do." She picked up her tablet, which was apparently a drawing pad, and set to work drawing me in several poses. 

"Alright I'm almost done, but the last pose is a bit embarrassing." She said. I inwardly sighed as I said "lay it on me." I was actually curious what this little wallflower considered embarrassing. "Lay on the bed completely nude with one hand covering your eyes and the other covering your ****." What the hell kind of manga is she drawing? "No way. Not gonna happen." I said while crossing my arms. "I agree, that seems like a bit much April" Lia chimed in. "Oh.. ok. Then, is shirtless ok?" She asked. I sighed as I replied. "Fine but just this once." April nearly jumped out of her seat as she yelled, "thank you, thank you, thank you!" 

I glanced over at Serenity but she looked bored and was just rolling on the floor while playing with the blinds pull cord.  The two girls seemed rather embarrassed as I began unbuttoning my shirt. If anyone should be blushing, it should be me. My body was fairly toned due to my training but it was still embarrassing to have two girls I hardly knew looking at me shirtless in a provocative position. "Judas would definitely be a lot more buff, but I can exaggerate the muscles a bit. Not that you look bad or anything, you're a good template!" April said. Lia stifled a laugh as April began sketching me. I knew she didn't mean it But her words cut like a knife. As I left their dorm room, I sighed while scratching the back of my hand. What kind of mess had I gotten myself into?

Announcement
I plan on going back in a day or two and renaming all the chapters. Chapter numbers won't change though. 
4