Chapter 20 The Rise of a Countess Arc ♡
495 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            The night was young, and my lust overflowed.

            The two of us went wild with our nightly activity to the point that I felt the guards outside needing to take a suspicious number of breaks. I of course had to tell Janna and she became as red as a tomato.

            “Eeek, Mistress shouldn’t you punish them for shrugging their duty?”

            “Is that really why you want them punished?” I teased her with a suspicion filled gaze. She answered by hiding her face with her hands. I love teasing her, she isn’t as innocent as she might look but her reactions are cute when discussing sex.

            Having spent the night together we both opened up to one another.

            I for one gave her permission to look my way when we are in bed and during the many breaks she had to take.

            She also told me a little about herself. Janna is the daughter of a merchant who had his headquarters in her now deceased husband’s domain. The lord was a greedy man who always made-up imaginary reasons to increase taxes or simply harass the merchants into giving him money in the form of gifts. As the richest of those merchants her father was the primary target for the lord’s harassment. One day, without notice, the lord decided to visit his shop and there they met. The lord fell in love with her at first sight and did everything to get her to marry him, going as far as murdering his former wife in the process. Her father still didn’t want his daughter to suffer having such a man as a husband but what could he do against a lord who controls everything within his domain?

            His resistance proved futile, and the lord got his much-wanted prize. At first her husband was somewhat gracious but as time passed, he grew bored of her and all but abandoned her. She became a prisoner in her own home, unable to speak to the servants let alone her family. That lasted for over two years until the day I came and destroyed her gilded cage.

            At this point of her recounting, I made known my intention to make her a healing concoction to remove those scars on her and she looked quite happy, she even gave me another kiss on the cheek, reaffirming my earlier conjecture. However, what she said next surprised me.

            “I must be frank, most of these scars are from my time with the lord baron. He had some–peculiar hobbies.” She gulped and looked honestly frightened. “When you destroyed the fortress, I was in my room recuperating from my time in the red room. I honestly don’t know which scars are from the rubble falling on me and which are from his pastime.”

            At this point in time, I truly pitied her. I know of some more obscure orientations, hell I even participated in them, but everything has its limits. Hurting another without their explicit consent for one’s own pleasure is abhorrent and repugnant.

            I never took pleasure in anything I did during my intervention here in the east and I did my best not to hurt anyone who wasn’t directly involved in the rebellion. True, I sometimes failed but that was outside of my control, or they were actions I took for what I believed to be the greater good.

            Even now, some might see me as forcing her into my bed, but the reality of the situation is vastly different. Ignoring the fact that she is now a slave, it is a known and accepted norm that prisoners of war should not expect to be treated kindly. Even nobles, unless they are of the highest rank or if they possess royal blood and thus could prove profitable in ransoms or forced marriages can and will be treated like any captured man or women.

            Janna originally being a commoner has even less value and would likely be sold as a house slave in some backwater place or at best she would be sold back to her family at an astronomical price, and that is if she was lucky enough to be given sufficient rations as not to die during the march. I of course need these people as they are educated nobles that could read and right and thus could prove useful in replacing the old structure, all whilst being completely loyal to me. That is why I took great care to buy, or in reality created, bard wagons as to allow for fast transportation of prisoners. I even made sure that they would all receive two meals a day, the same as my own soldiers.

            Even I spent the entirety of this campaign on the back of my horse to the point that I sometime stop feeling my ass all together. That is all to say that they have all received treatment worth five-star rating for enslaved prisoners of war.

            I recall the stories Ariel used to tell me when she believed that I was an ordinary baby. Given the way she was treated when she became a prisoner of war it could be said that it’s a miracle that she lived long enough to gain her freedom. It is partly because of what she’s told me that I treated my own prisoners as well as I did, the other reason being my old life and common sense.

            There are currently few ways for them to better their position. Once they start their work for me, they will certainly receive benefits that reflect how hard they work and how good they are at their assigned jobs, but that will only happen after I am named a Countess and given my own territory. And this is likely why she jumped at the chance to be in my good graces. It isn’t an exaggeration to say that I hold power over life and death for all the nobles currently imprisoned and that pleasing me would only benefit her.

            Seeing that I stayed quiet for a while Janna took the initiative.

            “Mistress, you freed me from that man. I am grateful and if my becoming your slave is what it takes to pay back my debt, I can only see it as a fair price. I understand that that man would have disposed of me sooner or later so if anything, you saved my life, and I will always be grateful.”

            “Don’t you see it as unfair that you have to suffer the consequences of a decision with which you had nothing to do with?”

            She pondered for a while then smiled shyly, “It’s true that most of those you have captured see things that way, but even they blame their family heads more than you. For the most part they see themselves as victims and you as their oppressor but there exist a minority that understands that your actions are the result of their own family’s schemes. That of course does not mean that they see themselves being enslaved as a fair punishment, but I see things differently. I was born a commoner, even if my father was a rich man, I still knew little of nobles, their lives, or their schemes but once I married into nobility, no, even before that, when my father was being harassed by the lord I was presented with the truth. Cruelty is necessary to survive in noble society.”

            She took a long breath then continued. “Before I was locked up, I participated in some meetings between the local nobility and attended several tea parties and whilst some might have dreamed of doing so, I was never more scared than during those events. I was a naïve young girl who was made a fool of numerous times which resulted in the lord baron’s displeasure, and which further resulted in me spending time in the red room. I did my best to be liked by them, to be accepted and every time they would humiliate me whilst knowing that their actions would result in me being beaten by my husband. Nobility is a cruel system and an unforgiving environment, that is why I see your actions as bordering on being merciful.”

            She made herself small and hugged my waste whilst rubbing her head on my side.

            I honestly didn’t expect her to describe my actions as merciful but now that I think about it, she is right. Lord Adam spent years grooming me to take over this duchy and that entailed lessons on how to rule supported by historical examples. If he was here with me right now, I have no doubt that he would be disappointed, one of the major concepts he drilled into me is that granting mercy to traitors never ends well. I may have my own plans for them but in truth I should have killed them and left one surviving member of each traitorous family, preferably a young member that can be raised to embody my will and desires.

            “Is that also the case for you too?”

            “For me? Hmm… Well in truth I am simply grateful to you, and I wish I could repay my debt but seeing that I can’t I hope that my serving you will be enough”

            I knew that she appreciated my gestures and that I treated her well but is that enough to simply come out and offer herself so completely? I doubt it, instead I feel like something is happening, something out of the ordinary…

            We cuddled for a while, but I was yet to be fully satisfied, after all I have barely had a taste of her whilst all she did was take care of me.

            As she was falling asleep, I took Janna into my arms, moved to the edge of the bed, and sat her between my legs.

            Before I can send her to the seventh heaven, I first need to chop down the forest that blocks the view of the holy ground from my heavenly gaze.

            She was a bit surprised, but she let me do with her as I pleased.

            I made to take something out of the drawer when in fact I created a thin blade that I would use to shave her privates. I put a hand between her legs and spread them, I then used that same hand to create shaving cream which I applied on her.

            The blade moved smoothly and the more it did the more of her I could see. She threw her head back and leaned on me.

            Once I was done, I created hot water from my palms and washed the remains of the cream and pubic hair.

            Having been a man in my old life I of course knew how to please a woman and that has only improved since I myself became one.

            I kept Janna between my legs and further spread her than I started massaging her privets. Only a few minutes later I found her all wet and on the bring of an orgasm that is when I stopped. As I did Janna’s head shot back but instead of a glare her eyes were deluded (I don’t remember the exact word, but this is close enough, misty eyes) with tears on the brink of dropping, “please…” she begged.

            That look ate me from the inside, there is an appeal to being in such a high position that all other can do is plead. To reward her for bringing me such a delightful sensation I continued to massage her only this time I inserted two fingers at once.

            I didn’t have to look for long before I found her trigger spot, as I did Janna jolted in my arms and barely managed to keep herself in line. This is a bit of payback to when she refused to comfort me earlier. I whispered as such in her ears and added “how dare a slave refuse her master’s affections?!” The moment I finished the sentence she exploded into my hand and lost all her remaining strength.

            I am starting to believe that she might have a slave fetish.

            Unlike me Janna is fully human and as a result she cannot endure a whole night of sex with a superhuman immortal. At least I can say that I sent her to the seventh heaven and back as a ‘thank you’ for being my first partner.

            Having collapsed in my arms I carried her back to bed so that she could recover. I on the other hand still have work to finish.

            …

            Sometimes I can’t help but hate my ability to resist sleep. Then again without it I would need to spend far more time ensuring that the domains I take over won’t just revolt or the former nobles run away once I leave.

            After Janna fell asleep, I exited the bedroom and returned to the office, however there was something I needed to do before that…

            “You there.” I glared at the two guards who were meant to keep guard.

            “Eeeem… me?”

            “Oh, my lady!”

            I love the panic on their faces, but I can’t break character, I will make them pay for what they did whilst Janna and I were together. Frankly I don’t really care and now that I know how great being a woman is, I can’t help but think that I should have invited them. However, Janna wanted them punished and I kind of like her so I will grant her this wish, and they could also be used as messengers.

            “Fill a bucket with ice cold water and pour it on Damian, you are not to answer why you did it until you each get a beating. Once that is done tell him to come to my office. Oh, and don’t ask me why I am doing this, you already know.”

            The two men grew pale at my remark. I wander if the beating is what scares them or is it that I know that they relieved themselves when they were supposed to keep guard worst, they did so with their master and employer in mind.

            One of them tried to argue but my glare shot him up. As they left, I noticed that they sometimes accelerated as if they were running away from a monster whilst other times they slowed to a snail’s pace, probably due to them imagining the beating they will get from Damian. They are getting off easy, if I told Damian what they did then their lives would truly be in danger.

            I continued on my way to the office but as I made a turn to the right, I felt a presence emanating from my intended destination. I had the feeling that whoever is currently in that room is no ordinary person, I don’t know how I knew this, maybe instinct but I was glad that I sent those two away. If I hadn’t then they might suffer an even worst fate.

            I completely eliminated my own presence by internalizing every drop of aura I usually emanate and stealthily approached the door, the closer I came the more my instincts screamed that I should get ready to fight. Thanks to this I could conclude that this person is no spy or assassin, I would think them a knight if it wasn’t for the explosive aura they are leaking.

            I continued to approach whilst making sure that my shadow does not cut the stream of light going into the room from the door’s bottom crack.

            Finally, my hand reached the pommel of the door and without any hesitation I released my aura and simultaneously flung the door open. What I saw was a familiar man snooping around the office with documents pertaining to our coming southern campaign along with the body of the guard who was supposed to watch over this room.

            Instead of getting flustered or trying to escape the man simply rose up from the chair he was sitting on, looked my way and sighed.

            “You know, I was never meant to be a spy.”

            “Oh my, admitting so quickly Sir marshal?” Yes, one of the people who greeted us when we arrived, the military marshal and second in command of this tiny barony is attempting to steal our plan for the South. Not that it matters since all that is truly important is never written and on the rare cases that it is then the piece of paper with the information is in proximity to those confidents of mine whom I believe can physically protect themselves, in other words everyone but David.

            No offence but the man is so fat that he can barely walk, I don’t want to burden him with an additional piece of paper he should protect, that might cause his heart to stop, and I still need him.

            “Why even try, you would likely kill me on suspicion alone or am I mistaken?” The man looked my way with a small smile on his face.

            “Well, you’re not wrong but there is a routine to such things, you should try to make excuses or play it off like you were only helping, then I would look for clues to whether you are involved with anyone else and once I figure out who it is, I would barge into your room in the middle of the night and have you arrested with a bunch of papers that somehow prove your connections to some adversary of mine. Once all of this is done you can either fight and try to escape or compliment me on my work, admit to everything then beg for the mercy you are unlikely to get.”

            The man stared at me wide eyed before bursting out a laugh that I would think fake if not for my intuition that he truly enjoyed the little series of events I went through.

            “I am truly sorry for ruining your fun, chuckle, next time I will be sure to play along”

            “I think that I am starting to hear things, or did you just say that there will be a ‘next time’?”

            The man smirked before I started to feel the magic in the air getting drawn to him, that is when I realized that he is a mage in addition to being a knight and likely an aura master.

            ‘I guess my intuition wasn’t wrong.’ This combination of mastering a martial art, having control of one’s aura and on top of that being able to use magic, no matter its type, can be considered the pinnacle of what a human being can achieve in this world. All that is left for me is to learn what kind of magic he can use. Hopefully it is something that can be easily dealt with.

            I didn’t simply allow him to amass all the magic he wanted, for I too am a master mage. The marshal raised his hand and pointed it towards me, an intricate magic circle appeared before him and it was at that time that I knew, I screwed up.

            I shifted from constructing a spell of my own to simply drawing all the magic I could to myself. Thankfully it wasn’t too late.

            As his spell went off, I used everything I had to create a meter thick Iron shell surrounding the man, hoping that it would be enough to withstand his spell, after all that is the best I could do in so short a time.

            Luckily both the documents and the unconscious man were unharmed, sadly I can’t say the same for the floor. In my haste I forgot to reinforce the floor and so the marshal’s Combustion Magic managed to dig a whole.

            “I doubt he survived that.” After all Combustion magic is known for being one of the most powerful offensive magics. It is likely due to me cutting him from the ambient mana that the spell ended up being so weak. Weak yes, but still powerful enough to kill even a knight who’s using aura to protect himself.

I would like to apologize for the late upload but I am having some personal issues. I would like assure you that this is only the start of this series and that we have a long way to go together so I hope that you will bare with me. I will do my best to upload more often but I can't make any promises. 
Nonetheless I'm grateful that people read and appreciate my work, thank you.

16