Chapter 7 – Uppercut That Ended It All
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You rushed towards Dale once more and swung your rusty dagger swiftly. This time, you hit. The blade hacked through bone and took off with one of Dale's fingers.

 

Dale screeched in pain and lunged at you with fierce eyes. He attacked with a right hook, but you managed to dodge it as the fist smashed air. You pushed with your legs and dove forward.

 

Dale recognized your intentions and took a few steps back. He didn't want you to close in on him. Luckily for you, Dale was slow on retracting his arm when he stepped back. Instead of attacking his body, you aimed at his arm.

 

TEAR!

 

Your blade struck home and it managed to tear off a chunk of flesh from the spirit's arm, severely disabling the limb. Dale tried to clench his fist, but he found that he could not. A flash of anger and fear could be seen in his eyes.

 

Dale retreated in haste while you took this opportunity to charge. Immediately closing in on the spirit, you thrust your blade and pierced into Dale's shoulder.

 

However, as you were about to pull your blade out, you saw Dale grin...creepily. Suddenly, Dale grabbed your arm, preventing you from pulling your blade out. Impossible! How could Dale grab your arm when he couldn't close his fist? Unless...he was faking it?

 

Realizing that you were in trouble, you tried to back away. However, Dale stepped forward and crushed your foot beneath his. The spirit raised his arm with a smile and started punching.

 

Punch after punch landed brutally on your face. You could barely keep your consciousness. As you teetered about after Dale released you, the spirit launched a powerful uppercut.

 

BOOM!

 

Power exploded out from the fist and completely shattered your jaw. Your neck snapped back with a crooked jerk and broke into two. The last thing you saw before darkness was Dale reaching over and chomping down on your leg.

 

*****

 

DING!

 

SYSTEM: You have died. Preparing for reboot. Loading from last saved file.........complete!

 

You woke up with a start. A massive headache coursed through your mind, sending it into chaos. Once you calmed down, you recalled what had happened from the new information that somehow implanted into your mind.

 

You checked your status. Everything was still there. You did not start completely over. You still had your 5 gold and your Blade Style was still improved to 5.

 

You got out of bed and found that it was morning. Time for the next round.

 

Where should you go?

Where to go next?
  • Tower
  • Gambler's Den
  • Blacksmith
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Sep 7, 2019 11:44 PM.
1