Confused (CH) 2
45 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing the ding of a bell. I sit  up on my somewhat large bed and I hop off the bed. Seeing that the door is slightly open with a green light above it. I Open it seeing others doing the same. I step out of the room which then my door shuts and hearing the click of the door locking it . Then Looking at others doing the same. Hearing the others door click one after another. Which then green light’s blink on the ground showing where to go. Looking at others look at each other. I follow the arrows and the lines on the ground which others also follow in a line. After walking in white hallways for about a minute we stop and wait. After awhile getting closer to the end of the line I see soldiers with white  combat uniforms same as yesterday. All along the wall stationed in front of each door along the hallway. Waving at us to go in after a kid leaves. 

Once my turn I go in the room which I’m instructed to put in a ear peace which translates for me. I’m then asked a couple a question like we’re I’m from, what language I speak, How old I am. What number I was given, Im then given a shot which I assume is a tracker. Then a barcode on my bottom of my wrist and then instructed to put on eye contact’s. After Leaving I see a mini map on my display and i see Blue lines on the ground this time instead of green which I assume to follow. 

After following my blue line. I notice the others all going different ways and almost non following behind me. After some time passes following the line I’m lead to a all white class room with a Woman which I presume is the teacher.

Since I’m the first one to the room I’m asked if I speak English and asked if I’m 186. Which I say yes. She then asks me to follow the line to my seat. While waiting i see kids looking tired, and scared come in , after everyone is seated. The teacher asked everyone there number. It started from 180 and ended at  200. She then says *ok all 20 of you made it* These first years we’re gonna learn the basics of everything you need to know. But first I’m gonna teach you everything you need to know about where you are and what we need from you.

She then teaches about where we are. Like that were in a country called Russia. And in a facility deep in the mountain which holds 100 floors each floor holds 100 kids. Which she then tells us that you probably don’t know what any of that means. Cause we’re only 10 years old and we’re only in the 5th grade using the Canada school system. Which at the time I didn’t know what anything means. Which she was correct. But she then tells us that we’re gonna learn everything like a normal school but at much faster pace and much harder work. But with the top notch equipment. She then tells us to ask for our assistant from the ear peace we’re giving earlier. I hear a female voice come from the ear peace. She asks *is this 186* which I then say yes. She Responds with * Hello 186 I’m a AI Assistant that will help you with any question you have about your work or anything you might need to know * the Teacher then says * That will be you AI Assistant she will  answer any question you might need about the work I’m gonna give you. These answers will all be personalized to your understanding. Most likely not at first but the more question you ask the more she answers the better she will be at giving personalized answers . With this you should have as much help you need for you work * 

She then teaches the kids about the bare minimum about there equipment and what there going to learn

After class. We were told to follow in line to go to another Class which we’re going to be their for the rest of the class time. On my way I ask my assistant what class were going to she responds with *186 Your going to your Combat/ Fitness class. for the next 2 years your to learn fitness after the 2 years your going to learn combat* 

After  Fitness was almost over. I look at other kids. Some on the ground exhausted from running. Some Ready for more. 

The Teacher then says *For this first few weeks I’m going to teach you how to properly do everything including balancing, Proper Stretching, and we’re gonna do some drills everyday * after her Talk our assistant tells me *186 Your to report to the dining hall for Lunch. Follow the Blue line.* While walking following the blue line. I see a kid asking a Soldier if he can use the washroom. The soldier kicks the kid away from him  and tells him to use the washroom at your destination. Seeing others Mistakes helped me learn what not todo so far. 

Arriving at the Dinning hall I see large room where all 100 of would eat everyday. Seeing kids line up for food I do the same. Some kids taking to each other. Getting my food I sit down at a table. Some kids sit next to me. 

While eating a kid starts talking to me. Having no idea what he’s saying a I ask my assistant* Translate* After which then I hear * Hay i’m 187. What number are you* I say * I’m 186 One number blow yours * 

After he our introduction we Talk about things like what we think this place is, Him telling me some things he saw while walking here and to his classroom's. After some time taking I liked him. He was nice to talk to, Felt like he was friend. And he was kind. 

Some time passed and an announcement came through our ear pieces. * Report to the Your Rooms follow the Line designated to you. You will all get a partner. They will room with you and their will be new comer’s filling the rooms that are now Empty*

After the announcement. 187 says * We might be roommate’s sense our numbers are so close*

I Ask my assistant (Me)* Who’s my roommate* (Assistant)* It’s 187. He’s a Kind hearted boy. That has blonde hair and blue eyes. He’s to live in your room. So you will not be moving rather 187 moving rooms* 

Walking to my room we see new kids coming in with blindfolds on filling up the rooms. Getting tossed and kicked in their rooms. Not looking at what’s happening I head straight to my room. But 187 following behind me.He Starts a ruckus with the soldiers. (187) *Hay don’t hurt them. They didn’t do anything bad* Yelling and trying to help the kids. He gets hit with a Baton to the face, Leaving him on the ground. Then kicked to the legs or thighs while on the ground  . I grab him. Telling them he won’t do that again. 

Seeing he’s somewhat my friend and my roommate. I bring him to our room. Laying him down on his bed. Tell him he’s ok. Grabbing a ice pack from the mini mini fridge. Helping him place it on his right Cheek. After a couple minutes of him Slightly weeping. He says thank you. Refreshing up.  Then telling me that one day we’re gonna hurt them back. I give him a smirk and a chuckle. Telling him (me)* For sure. One day* in a slight and calming tone. After a bit. I grab my work and start doing it. Every now and then look at him on his bed laying down. In a somewhat sad state. 

After finishing my work I ask my assistant (Me)*Whens bed time*(187)* In 24 minutes the lights will turn off signalling to go to bed. 186*

Then I start a conversation with 187 again 

(Me)* Hay 187 what’s your real name* 

(187)* I Don’t know I didn’t get one at my orphanage…*

Hearing the way he said his response I chose not to respond 

(187)*186 how do you do it. You see people get hurt, and yet you feel nothing, Don’t you feel a need to help them*

(Me)* 187 I do feel for them I just don’t help them. If you want to last the longest you have to not help them. When I first got here I learned that they show no mercy for the weak or the free willed. They don’t care if you can’t move In line. Or care that you die. In the end they can hurt you as long as they have a reason to*

After my Response he doesn’t respond and just sits there. Feeling the cold off the ice pack looking at the wall. Laying down.

Click ###

Seeing nothing I put the covers over my head and head to bed 

1