Reborn – II
7.2k 9 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alice PoV

----------

Hello, I am Alice. I have lived all my short and boring life on a planet called Earth. And why was it short and boring? I died very young, at the age of 16, because of a kitchen gas leak at home that exploded, to be exact. I was nothing special either, just an ordinary girl with an ordinary family that you could find anywhere, if it wasn't for my secret... kidding hehe, but back to the point, how my past life was doesn't matter, what matters now is that I had the chance to reincarnate in a new world of magic. Yes, the dream of every person who reads lightnovels, and by the way, I was an avid reader.

And as for why I reincarnated, it was nothing grand like saving the world or being a chosen one of the universe. It was just luck, yes, luck to be the chosen person in the countless worlds out there, but I guess that's already special in its own way, because try to imagine how many people there are in this universe, and I was the chosen one. My luck is pretty impressive, no? Fufu.

But the Will of the World that reincarnated me - that's right, it was the world itself and not a god that reincarnated me, as you might think - told me that it will be random how I will reincarnate and that I will forget my past life and its existence after I finish talking to him. As for my reincarnation, I can become anything from a slime or a goblin to an all powerful being that can rule the world.

But personally,I prefer it to be something that allows me to live peacefully and quietly with a beautiful younger brother,so that I can spoil him,love him and protect him a lot hehehe,ahem,and also away from anything that has to do with cooking gas...

While I had all this internal monologue,World Will finally finished talking about everything,but I got so excited that I stopped listening after the first part. Let's just pretend that I understood and listened to everything.

After pretending to understand everything, he just disappeared and I blacked out. Kind of anti-climactic.

----------

'Nngh, what happened to me? Why is everything dark? Shouldn't it be... day? Hm? Why should it be day when it's all dark? Did I dream about day while I was sleeping? Since I can't remember, whatever.

'But come to think of it, it's very warm and comfortable here, much better than even the softest bed.'

'But the fact that I have no sense of time or anything to distract me ruins that a bit. Let's just put my mind to work then, maybe then I'll be distracted.'

And so, trying to distract myself from boredom with whatever I could think of, my time went by, second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour. This was repeated from the moment I found myself awake until the time I went to sleep. It was hard to go through that, but after all that time trying to distract myself, I can say that my patience has reached an extraordinary level, I can now spend all the time awake without trying to distract my mind, just existing with a totally free mind or full of thoughts.

And in the process of improving my patience, I have come to realize that I don't know who I am or what has happened to me. I panicked for a few moments, but soon after my patience kicked in, calming me down again. It was at this moment that I felt something clicking in my memory, as if I knew and didn't know at the same time, strange isn't it? And what was it that clicked in my memory you ask yourself? Well, I have been reincarnated. I don't know how or why. After that, I felt as if an old part of me was revived, I felt incomparably excited after so long, it was a refreshing feeling after all that time of 'just existing'. And that's what gave me the remaining strength to endure that place, despite my extraordinary patience.

And so, jumping up and down and mentally screaming with happiness, I went back to spending my time in that warm, comfortable place that I began to consider my home.

And another thing that happened at that time was that sometimes I felt something bumping into me, during the first time I fainted with fright, and the first thing that came to my mind was... it's embarrassing to say this... but I thought my mother was having sex.

If I could see myself, I am sure I would be blushing strongly right now, because although I am reincarnated and know this, I am sure that no daughter or son would want to know - or feel, in my case, which makes it worse - that their mother was doing this.

But after thinking more deeply about it, I realized that I came to the wrong conclusion. Why even after a long time I didn't feel that again. And that made me even more ashamed, because it made me think that I am a pervert for thinking of that situation first. But you can't blame me, what would you think if you were in your mother's womb and you felt something bumping into you out of nowhere, the first conclusion logically would be this. You wouldn't think that it could be her hand giving my belly a gentle squeeze to see if I would react, right? There is another possibility too, maybe she is pregnant with twins and it was my sister or brother who maybe bumped into me, but that is the last possibility you would think of.

By the way, when I thought about possibly having a sibling, I felt a dangerous but exciting feeling in my mind, as if just the mention of it triggered something in me. I started to think about what it would be like if I had a brother, and just thinking about it I started to let out a little giggle... perverted? When I realized this, I was immediately afraid. What if because of this, my mother or my possible future brother hated me? I couldn't stand that. But despite the fear, I could still feel a hint of excitement deep inside.

Putting the disturbing thoughts aside, time continued to pass without caring about anyone. And so, finally the long awaited day arrived, the day when I would finally see the light.

----------

As my little eyes finally adjusted to the light of the new world, I began to scream once again:

"Oohhhh, finally the light! That means I'm leaving! Goodbye, my old home and hello new world!"

But all I heard were sounds of 'waah waah'. I guess that was expected, since I'm a baby.

I quickly stopped crying - or trying to scream - and started looking around the place. But my eyes quickly landed on an old woman with gray hair - or fur, I don't know - who was holding me. And to my surprise, she had a pair of fox ears on her head along with a tail coming out of her back. So I was reincarnated as a female fox? Not bad, this species is known for its beauty, right? Fufu, then I will be a lady of extreme beauty. And how I know this, I have no idea, it was just like when I found out I was reincarnated, it just popped into my mind.

But leaving these somewhat narcissistic thoughts aside, I soon took my attention off the old woman and started looking around the room once more, which had white walls, a light gray floor, and wooden beams in the ceiling, along with a baseboard on the floor. In the middle of the wall in front of me was a window, which showed the view outside. A light blue sky with clouds and a lush forest full of beautiful trees and flowers. Truly a beautiful sight.

And to my surprise, when I looked back I could see a cradle with another baby inside. He had the same features as the old woman, two small fox ears on his head along with a small tail behind him. His short hair was white, along with his little ears and tails of the same color, and the ocean blue eyes that at first glance I thought were beautiful were staring at me curiously. I looked at him and felt an inexplicable connection between us, after which I gave him the best smile I was currently able to give him. Looks like I really do have a brother hehehe.

As I turned my body and looked back, I saw the woman who from now on would probably be my mother. She was half sitting on the bed, her long white hair reaching halfway across the bed, partially hiding her three tails.

She was really beautiful, I hope I look like that when I grow up fufu.

And the same thing that happened when I saw my brother happened with her, I felt an inexplicable connection between us. I felt happy when I felt this connection with both of us, confirming that we really are a family.

And with this feeling of happiness inside me, I started to reach out my arms to my mother. But instead of passing me to her, the old woman just laughed a little and threw warm water on me. I pouted at this, couldn't she have at least warned me?

Then she passed me to my mother while saying:

"A little girl,she seems very curious,but is quiet unlike her brother. You have a pair of adorable twins now, little Ana. What about this little one's name, what's it going to be?"

So my mother's name is Ana... A pretty name.

"She'll be Alice, Alice Sorey. And yes,they are really adorable hehe."

After saying that, my mother took me and my brother who's name i still don't know in her arms and looked at us with affection

----------

My name is Alice then, nice.

They will be my family from now on heh... I'm looking forward to it.

97