Mysterious Figure
3.3k 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ana PoV 

--------

I turn my gaze to the cute little thing clinging to me, wanting to continue my explanation "Luke, that's why... Oh, he slept." I see his closed eyes, serene expression and hear his steady breathing signaling his peaceful sleep. 

A big smile and satisfaction arises in me as I see this. That is the power of mommy, only by my side can he sleep like this.

This reminds me of the first day after our training. He was mad at me for the intensity of the training and decided to go to sleep in another room, only to come back all pitiful as he dragged his pillow and blanket around saying he couldn't sleep without me. Ufufu, so cute.

Alice has also fallen asleep while hugging him. Even sleeping, her whole being radiates happiness. She is my other cutie.

But what makes me sad is that she is more the independent type, so we don't have as many moments together as I have with Luke.

In fact, she is much more affectionate towards Luke. At no point in time will you see the two of them apart. From the time they wake up until they go to bed. 

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little jealous of Luke. I wish she was that way with me, too. I am her mother, you know? There's no reason for her to be so distant with me.

Their relationship also brings me some concerns. Their extreme closeness is one of them. Living together all the time since they were children, I wouldn't be surprised if their feelings go beyond the level of mere siblings.

If this happens, I won't be a hypocrite and tell them that such a relationship is wrong, since I myself dream of having this kind of relationship with him. They will always be my beautiful babies and I, as their mother, will support them in everything they want.

My concern in this is, what if they develop some kind of emotional dependency on each other? If they need to separate at some point, how will they react?

As the first daughter of one of the Council member Families and a Magus Emperor on her own, silly things like arranged marriages or family obligations of that kind are far from affecting them.

My fear is that for some reason they will have to stay away from each other for a long time... or even forever. As Chosen, their future will be troubled and death will follow them at every step.

I don't want them to break if they are ever without each other.

That is one of my greatest fears. And to be powerless to fight it should it ever happen is one of the worst feelings I have ever felt.

The only thing I can do is train them to be strong enough to be able to resist and protect each other.

With this and several other worries hammering through my mind, I fall asleep with a heavy head.

(I'm sure this part was crappy, but I wanted to show a little bit of what goes on in the characters' heads. So, sorry :v - Author)

--------

??? PoV

In a place desolate and ravaged by destruction, where an oppressive black sky rises above all like a menacing tyrant. 

Where the land is dead and barren as if the end of the world is coming, and stretches as far as the eye can see and beyond. 

Where beings walk without rules, morals and ethics, the truth prevailing that the strongest is the winner, as in the times of Chaos before the coming of Order.

A figure hidden by darkness sits on the highest peak of all in a relaxed and motionless manner as he watches all this below with his tranquil gaze full of the vicissitudes of time, as if numb from living since time immemorial.

Suddenly, the motionless figure who knows how long takes her gaze from the chaos below it and directs it elsewhere.

Its calm crimson-red eyes filled with the wisdom and experience of someone who has lived for countless ages seem able to pierce through space and time and observe the past, present and future.

Sifting through space, their gaze falls on a childlike figure going through a strange process. Its body glows regularly in a crimson red not as bright and beautiful as that of the darkened figure eye's, but still fascinating.

Lines of the same color appear under his skin, forming countless intricate pathways on his body that pulse with abnormal amounts of mana for someone who has not yet even become a true Magus.

On his face, a tattoo under his eye begins to come to life, with four colors blending together and exuding a mystical aura.

A red force field also protects the child figure, its strength being enough to repel even a Holy Magus and prevent him from even touching a fingernail to the child.

This whole process continued for a while, essentially changing the child figure's entire Being.

Upon having his entire Being finally changed and becoming fit and recognized by the Will of the World to follow the path of a Magus, the whole process quietly ends.

Or that is what should happen.

As the process ends, a small fluctuation of mana, undetectable to almost all beings in the world, flows from the child's body.

The darkened figure, as if waiting for this moment, moves his arm at a speed sufficient to warp the heavy space around him and quickly isolates the fluctuation with his own mana.

With a shake of his hand, the small fluctuation, which if totally leaked would be enough to turn the whole world against the child, is wiped out of existence, never to be felt again until the moment when the order of the world is reversed in the near future.

"Prepare yourselves. The new Ruler of Chaos has been born. The time is near. It is past time for this world to undergo some changes." A hoarse, deep voice came out of the figure's mouth, and even though its tone was low, it was enough to penetrate the fabrics of space and be spread to figures all over the world.

Saying this and standing up, the figure starts to observe another child figure standing next to the previous one.

Observing it for a moment, the figure utters in a low voice to no one in particular, "Now all that's missing is you, little girl. Get up soon and make the world cry blood once more."

Turning around, the figure takes a step and quietly disappears into the void after committing a blasphemy that even the most insane would not be willing, only to be seen again nobody knows when.

--------

Hello, I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

This chapter is short because it is the continuation of the previous chapter, which I had no time to write at the time and only had time today

Take care and bye

28