Ch 2 – I’m Not A Monster I Swear!
249 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I stepped through the portal I expected to be where the other players first spawned in, maybe the starter towns central plaza. 

I definitely did not expect to be 40 feet off the ground over the merchant district, "AAAAAAAAAH!!"

Seeing as the game had just begun, most players were probably either out in the fields, or in the merchant district selling some items or materials they may have gained out in the fields. Unfortunately for me, most player were right at the point in time where their inventories were just getting filled up, and they were coming to sell their goods.

Before I could think any more, I smashed into the ground in the direct center of the shopping area. Damn that demon, I'll get her back when I see her again. Luckily, when I got up and gathered myself, no one seemed to be yelling at me, they all simply stared at me in shock. 

A voice then shot out from the crowd, "Is that, a monster?"

A couple other voices joined in agreement, """Yeah! Let's kill it!"""

I jump up and spin around, this can't be happening! "NONONO! I'm a player just like you guys! Look, my clothing is the same as all of yours!" I gesture at my plain and drab clothing, hoping for someone to side with me. Elysia Online is known for being realistic as possible, so to stop and screen clutter, the developers removed all player tags. The only way for someone to truly tell if someone was a player is to add them to their party, or to have them do something only a player can do, like talk to an NPC, or accept a quest.

"I knew they would have mimics in this game! The box art totally hinted at it!" 

"""YEAH!"""

Unfortunately for me, no one sided with, they were all convinced I was just another monster. I tried to jump in again but they all cut me off, it seems their minds were made up, "Let's kill this monster!"

Before I knew it all the players around me unsheathed their weapons and started closing in on me! Is this the end of it for me already? Will my Demon Lord ability even carry over when I respawn? Wait a minute! My demon lord ability! That's right, I can summon in Lucarios! But wait a minute, then everyone will actually think I'm a monster. But I suppose that is still better than death. Let's do it!

However before I can summon is Lucarios, another voice walks into the conversation, "What is going on here?" 

The whole crowd turns to look at the burly man that just walked in, he has long black hair, not far from a surfer dude look. He has a wood shield and what appears to be leather equipment on him, that kind of equipment and shield should be near impossible to obtain in the 20 minutes that the game has been out for. This just proves that the man in front of me is no mere normal player.

One player affirmed my thoughts, "Look at that! It's the number one ranked player on the server right now, Legin!"

Oh-ho-ho, it seems that a couple of players have made a name for themselves while I was gone. Good to know that there is a server leaderboard as well. Anyway, let's hope that this guy can get me out of my current predicament.

Luckily it seems that is just what he planned to do, "You say this man fell from the sky?"

Someone from the crowd quickly responded, "Monster. Yes, this monster fell from the sky."

But Legin does not back down, instead, he responds, "Do you truly believe he is a monster? Look around you, this is a town."

But the crowd retorted quickly, "So? Town or not this thing is most definitely a monster."

However Legin did not falter, "I understand that you players may not be as experienced as me and my party, but even beginners should be able to tell that monsters aren't allowed in the starting town,"

The crowd was silenced as Legin points at a sign on a nearby NPC run inn that read, "Even though monsters can't come in town, there's no safer and warmer place then Bludos Inn!" The crowd and all the hecklers who called me a monster all left.

However, Legin did not, "So, did you really fall from the sky?"

I look at him, "Can't say I didn't."

He seems intrigued, "And what was your name?"

I just realized that I hadn't thought of a name for my character. Right now, if someone tried to add me to their party, I would probably just come up as Nate. Better update that soon. Luckily because of the lack of player tags, I should be able to switch my name fast enough without anyone noticing.

However I need to think fast, so I said the first name that came to mind, "Got0mel" (Go-ta-melle)

"Gotomel hmmm? Very well Gotomel, meet me at main street pub at 945 in-game-time."

"Uh, ok sure."

Before I knew it Legin had walked away. I took a second to think. Why does he want to talk to me? It can't purely be because I fell out of the sky? Maybe he has an appraise skill that lets him see that I'm the Demon Lord? Or perhaps he thinks I'm some super in-depth NPC?

Either way I'm definitely not opposed to meeting him for dinner, he can't hurt me in the starter town anyway. Alright then! With that decided, we got some time to kill.

It was currently 645, meaning there is exactly 3 hours until he had to me Legin at the pub. 

Alright! This means that I have time to not only try out my Demon Lord skills, but also gain some levels while I'm at it. Let's Go!

 

 

 

 

 

9