Ch 5 – Entering The Dungeon!
93 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The roar, presumably from the beast, shook the ground. “Hey Lucarios, are you sure this a beginner quest?”

He laughs, “Oh no, it is most definitely not a beginner quest.”

I nearly jump, "What?! Then why would you tell me to accept it?"

He raises an eyebrow at me, "After everything you've seen me do, you think I'm too weak to take on this quest?"

I think back to when he teleported behind someone and took them out in one shot, or when he may a portal to bring us here instantly, "Yeah, I guess you're right, but still, you think you can handle whatever made that roar?"

He smiles, "I still have a couple tricks up my sleeve."

"Ah, I understand."

With that cleared out of the way, we could make way to the tall grass. I start wading through it, looking for the hole to enter into the beasts den. 

Lucarios calls me over, "Nate, I think this is it!"

I walk over to him and look at what he's pointing at. "Ah, it's just a hole." I don't know what I was expecting, but a hole that could barely fit two barrels of rum through it definitely wasn't it.

I look over at Lucarios, "Well, we've gone this far, I suppose we've got nothing left to do but jump in and fight the beast." Without waiting for Lucarios to respond, I hop in.


 

I expected to fall, but I didn't. Instead, I simply felt the the ground beneath my feet, not landing on ground beneath my feet, one second I was in the air, and now I'm on the ground, nothing more to it.

I open my mouth to speak to Lucarios, "Hey, where do y-"

You have entered a dungeon. You are the first player to do so, you have gained the achievement, 'Early Diver Gets The Loot.'

Dungeon Rank: D

(Special Dungeon)

Oh, a dungeon! I guess that makes sense, this is an MMO. But I'm the first to go in a dungeon? I would have thought that someone outside would have found one, maybe they're really rare, or perhaps the other players just aren't at that stage? Either way, this is going to help our progression!

Lucarios, on the other hand, is not impressed, "Ugh, it would have been so much more simple if they just let us fight the big thing."

I look at him dumbfounded, "Are you joking?! With us having the first dungeon, we'll have way better gear than everyone else when we leave!"

He looks at me confused, "We're the first? How would you know."

"Ah, you're not a player, you wouldn't understand. Let's just say that words sometimes pop into my head."

He shakes his head, "Whatever."

I change the subject, "Alright, let's get going! We have a dungeon to explore!" I look up to the hallway in front of me, well, tunnel would be the better word. It appears that the whole tunnel is made of stone. It seems to be dark, but my player vision allows my surroundings to appear perfectly lit up. 

''Hisssss!" Lost in my own thoughts, I failed to see a spider crawling along the walls. 

"What are you doing Nate." In the initial excitement of a spider approaching, I took a combat stance. Lucarios noticed this and pointed it out.

I felt defeated, "Ugh. Have at it Lucarios."

"My pleasure." He says with a sly grin. He then looks at the spider, "For such a simple creature, I won't need to use any special abilities." But then, he turns back to me, "You know, having a weapon would be nice."

"Oh! Of course." I take out the starter sword from my inventory and toss it to Lucarios.

He inspects it, "I suppose it'll work."

With weapon now in hand, Lucarios looked like aproper adventurer, and a pretty bad-ass one at that. Back to the fight, he sprints towards the spider. But the spider is ready, and spits out some web towards Lucarios. But Lucarios was ready for that, he simply ducks and the web goes right over. It almost hits me though.

Lucarios is now right up in the spiders face, “Heh, got you now.” He slashes down with his sword, this is surely going to kill it. 

CLANG!

Sadly, things do not go to plan. Lucarios’, or rather, my sword, snaps the second it comes into contact with the spiders tough skin, just like a stick.

The spider now thought the battle was won. However this was not the case, Lucarios wasn’t really trying in this fight. 

Lucarios then open a portal just under the spider, and puts the other portal just on the ceiling above him. The spider falls through the portal and reappears at the top of the ceiling, still falling.

But just as the spider was about to land on Lucarios, he thrusts up, and completely impales the spiders. Even with a shattered sword, the spider is impaled so thoroughly that the blade passes right through the spider, and the spider carcass lands on Lucarios.

With blood spewing everywhere, and half a carcass hanging off of him, Lucarios seems to be in his element, “Well, that was rather fun.”

I’m kind of dumbstruck by how he turned such a broken weapon, not to mention how weak it was to begin with, into a full on killing machine that passed through a spider like cake. I regain my composure, “W-well done Lucarios.”

“Thanks. Although I’m afraid we have to leave now.”

“What?! Why’s that?”

“I overestimated what I could do with a weapon such as this.”

I’m confused, “But you ran that spider though like it was nothing.”

He hands the broken blade back to me, “Maybe, but it’s definitely not enough to kill whatever is waiting for us at the end of this tunnel. Let’s head out and get some new gear. Let’s also meet with that Legin dude while we’re at it.”

”Ok, I see.” Is it time to meet with Legin already, I feel like we have barely been out here, I open my menu and check the time, 930. “Woah! You’re right. We only have 15 minutes, better get going!”

I open the menu again and click the ‘leave dungeon’ button.

You are leaving the dungeon. This dungeon allows you to rejoin without losing any progress. Due to it’s special nature, you have now claimed this dungeon, no one else can enter it unless you allow them.

Oh, that’s pretty convenient, maybe we can even find someone in town to join us. 

Once we are out of the dungeon, Lucarios creates another portal to take us to town. Time to meet Legin at the pub!

 

Hi everybody! Thanks for reading this chapter! I have come to say that this series is now shifting to a new chapter every two days. Thank you for reading once again and I wish you a great day! :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

4