Ch 12 – Claiming A Plot Of Land!
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The barrier starts dissolving from the top to the bottom. There was now a good amount of people waiting at the base of the barrier. This is kind of surprising considering the barrier spans many tens of miles, but I guess that just shows how hype this moment is.

And just then, the barrier falls all the way down. Someone in the crowd yells, "Alright party! Let's get some land!"

Many sprint out, luckily, we don't need to do that. Lucarios teleports all 8 of us out, way in front of the crowd.

I look around, suddenly I spot a town in the distance, it is not as advanced as the beginner town, but definitely has some towns and buildings. It even has a giant sign that reads, "NEW PLAYER WELCOME!"

"Legin." 

I nod at Scarlett's statement, "Seems so, let's get our own land and then check them out, they will definitely be getting tons of players."

Lucarios nods, "Agreed."

But there was no longer anymore time to waste. These plots are pretty large, about 1 mile by 1 mile. I speak to our group, "Let's head out farther, but not too far that trade will become difficult."

Lucarios nods as he creates another portal. When we appear again I look around, around now we are roughly 7 miles away from the beginner town there were only a couple more plots of land behind us that I could see, and the rest just looks like open field, "Alright guys, this seems to be a good place." I then sprint to a sole building in the center of our 1 mile by 1 mile space.

I enter and go up to a man that is sitting on the other side of the counter, he speaks up to me, "Hello there traveller! Would you like to claim this land?"

I nod, "Yes."

He smiles, "Very well. Who do you want to be co-builders?"

The others enter the building at about this point in time, I answer the man, "Everybody in this building."

He nods, "I see, all 7 of you will be given co-builder status." I guess he also couldn't see Lucarios, bit of a shame. The man continues, “I will stay in this building to help any builders get their towns started.”

I nod, “Thank you.”

Suddenly a screen appears and my point of view switches to above my land. I hear the man’s voice, “This is you land, you can increase the size of it by invading other plots of land.” From this birds eye view, I can even see some plots near us getting filled and claimed.

The man continues, “You are now in the building menu, to get here you must be in your own plot of land and then a ‘build’ button will appear in your menu. From here you can build everything.”

He continues, “You buy buildings using normal gold, more buildings can be unlocked by upgrading this building,” He points at a large building that just appeared on my plot, “That is your Center Of City, or COC for short. It is expensive to upgrade but you will gain access to more buildings. And with that, I wish you the best."

I nod. I then look at the current available buildings, the others do the same. 

Scarlett speaks up, "I say that we should get an adventurers guild, a city merchant, and then some miscellaneous buildings that don't serve too much of a purpose, like a bar and inn, so that we can get more NPCs and player traffic."

One of the four people who joined us speaks up, "Uh... what is a city merchant?" He is a middle-aged man, honestly I am surprised he joined me.

Scarlett responds, "I'm pretty sure it means someplace where players or NPCs can sell their materials, and the money goes straight to us, instead of an outside source."

I nod and select those buildings to be bought, it cost a total of 1200 gold, it seems that gold is the combined total of all the builders. I see the buildings being constructed before my own very eyes. Then I look at our gold count. My mouth drops, "Lucarios! Eric! How much did you grind while I was gone?"

They shrug. Lucarios says, "It's not like we had anything else to do, so we just kept going until you arrived."

I then look at the store once more. We have a total of 13200 gold right now, "I say we buy some food stands, living districts for NPCs or players, and some potion stores, oh, and a general items store." 

Scarlett nods, "Those seem like good choices."

With Scarlett's confirmation, I purchase them, leaving us with just 1000 gold remaining.

Eric speaks up, "So what are we going to do to earn more money?"

I respond, "Well, I'm planning on heading over to Legin's city, seeing as they are the most popular and will undoubtably have the most chances to make some money."

Scarlett says, "Are you planning on leaving right now?"

I shake my head, "No, I want to check our town and see how some of the buildings work."

The others nod in agreement. I then close my menu, I immediately gain conscience back in my player body in the small shack. 

Me and the others step out in amazement. Just moments before an open field, now a near bustling city. I say near because there aren't many NPC's yet.

The one boy that was my age who joined us suddenly points at a group of people, "Look! I think those are players!"

I look at him, "How do you know? Both players and NPC's only show classes and names, unless you interact with them to see their user profile."

He answers, "Oh, sorry for not mentioning this before, but I have advanced appraise as a skill."

I'm honestly surprised that someone with such a good skill joined us, "Oh really? And what's your name."

He smiles, "I'm Robert."

I smile back, "Well that skill will definitely be useful. And it's also good to know that some players are coming here, I guess it means that our 'advanced' town is drawing some attention."

Scarlett nods, "Alright then! Let's find the adventurers guild!"

 

 

 

 
4