Ch 15 – Preparing To Leave For Legin’s!
47 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next morning at a fairly early time. This is because I want to leave early for Legin's town. I jump out of bed and say hello to my mother before getting my headset on.

When my character materializes, I see that I am still in the town. 

Eric and Lucarios, meet me at the COC, bring Robert and the others.

Understood.

After that I walk in to the adventurers guild and spot Scarlett. There was still a line, but not as much as there was yesterday. There were still a couple people in line. Luckily, I saw one of the guys that joined me along with Robert sitting down. I look at him, "Yo. What's your name?"

He looks up and sees me he responds immediately, "My name is Joseph, sir!"

"Well Joseph," I motion at the adventurers guild counter, "You are the new Guild Master."

He nearly falls out of his chair in shock at what I just said, "What! But I'm not that strong, I can't beat any of those guys!" He says as he points at the remaining players who still need to get tested. They are all big guys who, do indeed, look stronger than Joseph.

I shrug, "It doesn't really matter whether or not you can beat them in a fight, as long as you can judge how strong they are."

He looks at me in disbelief, "And you think I am wise enough to judge them?"

I smile as I offer him a hand to pull him out of the chair, "Of course, you joined me after all."

He accepts my hand and I pull him out of the chair. I then lead him behind the counter of the adventurers guild. 

Just then, Scarlett walks out of the back room. She spots me, "Oh hey, what's up?"

I turn to her, "We're getting ready to leave, so we are all meeting at the Center Of City."

She nods and then joins me as we walk out the door. Scarlett then asks me, "So who are you planning on taking with you?"

I respond with a smile, "You will hear when we all meet at the center of city."

She nods. We continue walking and go past many NPCs and Players, until we reach the center of city. It is a standard town hall, nothing special, but nothing lame either. Scarlett and I walk in, we see two at what appears to be a counter.

At the counter is one of the 4 people who joined us along with Eric. This one is a small girl, probably about 12, and has brunette hair. The men seem to be talking in a rather aggressive tone, in fact I think I might recognize it. I overhear the one man speaking, "I'm telling you! You better catch that criminal who provoked us while we were helping that new player!" 

Ah. It's those two men who were bullying that little kid. They turn around as they hear me enter. One of them spots me, "YOU!" He then turns back to the woman working the desk, "That's the one who attacked us! Luckily for your city, it seems that the goddess Scarlett was proactive and caught him for you!"

They then run up to Scarlett, "My goddess! Thank you for taking care of this delinquent, let us teach him a lesson." They say as they pound their fists together.

Scarlett responds, "No worries. I can take care of our cities leader just fine."

The men are simply confused, "W-w-what do you mean? This man is clearly a delinquent, and you, my goddess, is obviously the leader of this fine city. So there is no need to lie to us."

Scarlett shakes her head, holding in a laugh "What do you mean, this man right here," She motions at me, "Is this cities leader."

The men are taken aback, "What?! But he is so weak!"

Scarlett is dead serious now, "So? Just because you are weak in one way does not mean you can not be strong in another! I hope you remember that, now leave."

The men scamper away like little dogs as they exit the COC. I then turn to the girl working the counter, "Hello. What is your name."

She smiles when I talk to her, "Hello! My name is Lucy!"

I then ask her a question, "I don't remember a little girl joining us?"

She smiles, "That was probably my mom. We share this account and therefore our avatars switch whenever we switch who is playing."

I nod to her, "Alright then, you can come with us into the meeting room. Please close the COC doors."

She nods with a smile, "Ok!" 

Scarlett and I then walk into the meeting room. There is a round table where I see everyone sitting, Lucarios, Eric, Robert, and the one other person who joined us when the barrier fell. 

I sit down, "Alright! We have all come here to talk about the future of this city. Seeing as we are the second largest city in the empire, I believe we need a good amount of people to stay while I go to Legin's."

Robert speaks up, "Uh. Not to be rude, but, our city is no longer the 2nd largest."

Scarlett asks, "Oh? Where are we now?"

Robert answers, "Based on both size and population, we are probably the 5th largest at this point."

I say, "Ok. We should have been upgrading more, so it is our fault."

Lucarios then talks, "Very well. That task can be left for whoever does not travel with Nate."

I continue, "Agreed. So, back to that topic, I will now say who will be joining me on my voyage."

Scarlett speaks up, "Oooh! Can I go?"

I shake my head, "No. We need your fame and intelligence here to grow the city."

"Awwwww. Ok."

I nod, "Good, we are counting on you." I stick up a thumb to her. Then I turn to Robert, "I want you to come with me, your advanced appraisal will be useful."

He nods, "I understand."

Finally, I turn to Eric, "And I also want you, I would like someone who can fight well."

Eric nods happily, "Good! I want to go with you, I was getting sick of this town!"

Lucarios, I hope you are not sad that I did not take you. Scarlett will need your assistance to hold down the town. I will simply call on you if I need you. 

Understood, do not worry about us.

Thank you.

I then turn back to the table, "Anyone's names who I did not call, please stay back. Joseph will run the adventurers guild, and Lucy/her mom can run the COC, any complaints that she gets, will be directed to Scarlett."

Everybody nods. I continue, "Alright then! Lucarios, Robert, let's get going!"

 

 

 

 

2